The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea accept transfer requests from Nicholas Anelka and Alex

4 posters

Go down

Chelsea accept transfer requests from Nicholas Anelka and Alex  Empty Chelsea accept transfer requests from Nicholas Anelka and Alex

Post by Kenny Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:58 pm

The BBC website is reporting that Chelsea have accepted transfer requests from both Nicholas Anelka and Alex .

What do you think ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Chelsea accept transfer requests from Nicholas Anelka and Alex  Empty Re: Chelsea accept transfer requests from Nicholas Anelka and Alex

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:07 pm

You'd expect PSG beckons for Anelka and I don't think Chelsea will miss him greatly. Losing Alex is a huge blow if they sell him. I'd expect plenty of top teams to be coming in for him in January.

Wouldn't be surprised to see AVB bring in another few talented youngsters with the cash though.

Back to top Go down

Chelsea accept transfer requests from Nicholas Anelka and Alex  Empty Re: Chelsea accept transfer requests from Nicholas Anelka and Alex

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:08 pm

im suprised that Alex is on the way out, but not completely suprised to hear that anelka will leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:39 pm

I can see both going to Spurs
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Anelka looked like a goner for a while, I thought Alex had a chance with the way they've been defending but he's obviously too frustrated

I actually think Arsenal could do a lot worse than get Anelka on a short term contract, he'd give them experiance and know how, I think he'll head for the US or Dubia or something like that

Alex would be a top signing for most teams IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 pm

I think a lot of teams will be put off Anelka's high wage demands most likely, I think he'll either go to PSG, Russia, US or the Middle East. I think he could still offer a team in the Premier League something, Chelsea probably won't miss him.

Alex they will miss highly, I can't see how Luiz continues to get into the side when Alex doesn't. Luiz is horrific as a defender, I think he should be used in a similar role as Yaya Toure is for Manchester City, he looks making the runs, he should not be in centre back. Alex is a solid defender and a good signing for anybody who snaps him up. Chelsea will then have no cover for centre back though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Alex is better than luiz so I'm surprised by his transfer request being accepted.

Anelka doesn't surprise me though, maybe used as bait back to Bolton in a deal for Gary Cahill?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Given how awful Cahill has been for Bolton I'm pretty sure they'd snap their hands off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:53 am

the longer luiz stays as a seemingly undroppable part of the chelsea defence, the more hopeful ill be of our chances of getting in the top 4, so im delighted alex looks set to leave
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:58 am

Tranquil Chaos wrote:the longer luiz stays as a seemingly undroppable part of the chelsea defence, the more hopeful ill be of our chances of getting in the top 4, so im delighted alex looks set to leave

I was so confused until I saw you were a Liverpool fan Laugh

Would you take Alex at Liverpool? Arguably better than all of your centre backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:23 am

Churchill wrote:
Tranquil Chaos wrote:the longer luiz stays as a seemingly undroppable part of the chelsea defence, the more hopeful ill be of our chances of getting in the top 4, so im delighted alex looks set to leave

I was so confused until I saw you were a Liverpool fan Laugh

Would you take Alex at Liverpool? Arguably better than all of your centre backs.

im not sure really, on the one hand he is nearly 30, so we would probably only get 2, possibly 3 years out of him at the top level, but by then id have expected coates or kelly to have developed into a top class cb, so he could be worth a shot, but on the other hand, id look to get someone a few years younger to play alongside agger for a good few years to come, with the aforementioned youngsters filling in for agger when he gets his various injuries.
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:02 pm

This mornings papers have Liverpool looking at bringing Anelka back in January .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Churchill wrote:Would you take Alex at Liverpool? Arguably better than all of your centre backs.

I don't think that's necessarily true, Skrtel has improved a lot this year and last after becoming a key part of our first team and is developing a nice partnership with Agger, as long as Agger stays fit I wouldn't want to bring in Alex and mess it up. We have cover with Carragher and Coates, with Kelly being able to play there as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:03 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:This mornings papers have Liverpool looking at bringing Anelka back in January .

cant see it myself, we need a finisher and anelka hasnt done the business for a couple of years now, and i can definitely see him taking the big money at psg or anzhi
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down