The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP Points Thingy - Monte Carlo Masters

+4
cats_r_cool
Green
Wooffie
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ATP Points Thingy - Monte Carlo Masters - Page 2 Empty ATP Points Thingy - Monte Carlo Masters

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Djokovic bounces the ball too much. Discuss.

Last edited by Stealth Maestro Agro Love on Fri 27 May 2011, 11:23 am; edited 35 times in total (Reason for editing : Fancy formatting to differentiate between MC points and 'other points'.)

Back to top Go down

ATP Points Thingy - Monte Carlo Masters - Page 2 Empty Re: ATP Points Thingy - Monte Carlo Masters

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Wed 20 Apr 2011, 1:30 pm

Time for some bad news. Sad

I won't be doing PointsThingy for Barcelona due to, in all truth, rankings situations I do not quite understand. I wasn't intending to deal with the ATP500's anyways, but Barcelona offers a lot of rankings switches amongst the Top 20 this time around, so I'd hoped to do it. However, as i'm not certain how the points of Almagro and Verdasco in particular are going to be redistributed, i'm going to give it a miss this time. Sorry!

Some basic rankings info is that Soderling will almost certainly overtake Murray should he win Barcelona, as Murray will probably get a 0 pointer for missing Barcelona, and Melzer can really close the gap between him and Berdych due to Berdych also probably being given a 0 pointer. (Problem with 0 pointers though is that the players can avoid it by doing promotional activites, which obviously we have no way of knowing untill the points are updated next week).

Verdasco is guaranteed to be at best 15th next week; it just gets worse for the guy! Sad

Back to top Go down

ATP Points Thingy - Monte Carlo Masters - Page 2 Empty Re: ATP Points Thingy - Monte Carlo Masters

Post by Green Wed 20 Apr 2011, 3:44 pm

News wrote:Time for some bad news. Sad

I won't be doing PointsThingy for Barcelona due to, in all truth, rankings situations I do not quite understand.
Aww, don't cry, it's okay Hug, Monday is not that far away.

So, you're "bad news" now? :run2:

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:01 pm

Green wrote:
News wrote:Time for some bad news. Sad

I won't be doing PointsThingy for Barcelona due to, in all truth, rankings situations I do not quite understand.
Aww, don't cry, it's okay Hug, Monday is not that far away.

So, you're "bad news" now? :run2:
Well, temporarily at least. laughing

The confusion arises from the ATP500 rule that states that if a player has played 4 of them in the same calendar year, one of which is post US Open, then a player can switch one superior ATP250 result with one of his ATP500's if it helps his cause.

Mikhail Youzhny and Robin Soderling are the ones that are confusing me, as both do not appear to currently have 4 ATP500's in the same calendar year as part of their points tally. Youzhny however has 3 ATP250's and Soderling does not, and although I have a theory on why that is (I won't explain, PM me if you are interested) I am not 100% confident it's accuracy and therefore it would be premature to throw out the tables with accuracy I simply cannot guarantee. And i'm on holiday from Saturday so updating the tables will be rather difficult.

For those wondering why i'm worried about the situations of Youzhny and Soderling when for this tournament, Soderling is simply defending points and Youzhny isn't even there is because the answer to their situation drastically changes the forecast for Almagro and Verdasco. Well, Verdasco doesn't get much worse but Almagro may or may not drop a load of points. If the answer is what I think it is, he won't just yet. (Though it will happen in the future!)

I'm more than happy to answer any questions regarding players rankings for those who are interested; even the problem players. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2