The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Simplistic Nature of a Fighter

5 posters

Go down

The Simplistic Nature of a Fighter Empty The Simplistic Nature of a Fighter

Post by davidemore Thu 28 Jun 2012, 3:35 am

Hello Everyone.

Lately i have been thinking about the type of boxer that grabs me the most. Makes my heart race, makes me jump out my seat and impulsively scream at the television screen when they are rucking. I love boxing, we all do, that's why we're here, but i wanted to see if i could figure out what aspect i love the most.

It was impossible. I love all of it: the hype, the build up, the wars, the cans, the bad words and spilled blood. What i quickly realized was this: boxing is a sport made up of multiple facets, and when we put all these facets together, it can be a truly great sport.

Sure we get upset with promoters, we have some of the worst promoters in sport, IMO. And sure with the recent PED issues and fights falling through or fighters not being matched, we'd be forgiven for giving up. But come on, we still love the sport. We do.

I like honest fighters. Fighters that are doing what they are paid to do. It sounds obvious but how many times have we seen a fighter talk and fight in completely different ways? A-Force anyone? I like clean fighters, again it seems like an obvious one, but i like fighters who come to the center of the ring and genuinely try to let shots go. I admire all styles, but this is the one i like the most. I like boxers who throw crisp shots, actually, watching Lopez defeat Ortiz i was very impressed with how crisp his shots were, and added him to my list of one's to watch.

I am an impatient person so enjoy watching impatient fighters. Fighters who do not give a hoot about working out the opposition over 12 rounds. I am impulsive and enjoy fighters who seem to do the brilliantly random (but legal) thing in the ring that gets them the victory. Bailey's brutal KO recently seemed very much random for how the fight was going.

I like things simple. No gimmicks once the promotion is over, no taunting, just two men, stood in front of each other, trying to connect with viscous shots. And if honest, i like fighters who really go in for the kill.

Thoughts?

Best,

D

Last edited by davidemore on Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

The Simplistic Nature of a Fighter Empty Re: The Simplistic Nature of a Fighter

Post by horizontalhero Thu 28 Jun 2012, 9:01 am

For me it's the guy that can make the brutal appear graceful- Ali, Leonard, closer to home Laing and Heriol Graham- sometimes watching Graham box you could almost forget that you actually watching a fight. His performance against Douglas was like that - I can remember being so shocked that Douglas had ended up hurt because the voilence he had suffered was so graceful that it didn't seem right that it could have caused such an injury.
That said I also love a good shoot out- so am a big fan of guys like Tommy Hearns

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 28 Jun 2012, 9:27 am

Great shouts and well put, graceful beatings are epic in boxing, as long as no long term hurt is caused.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

I dont really mind the style of the boxer as long as he puts it all on the line, fighters that will press the action if they can, who will go out on their sheild, fighters that actively seek the biggest challange.

A pet hate of mine is boxers who are in control and refuse to press the action at all and just cruise to a UD, I can appreciate the skills but why not use that skill to put a little more on them instead of easing off

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:13 pm

Cotto vs Pacquiao was pretty brutal to be honest!

Also loved the Hatton vs Tzyu fight - Now that was epic.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:43 pm

Up and Under do you mean Vlad the Drone? Lol.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 28 Jun 2012, 3:49 pm

you cant go wrong with the mexican fighters, they always entertain.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down