The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Is Andy's Best Buddy?

+8
Seifer Almasy
Calder106
Super D Boon
lydian
bogbrush
Danny_1982
JuliusHMarx
hawkeye
12 posters

Go down

Who is Andy's best buddy?

Who Is Andy's Best Buddy? Vote_lcap33%Who Is Andy's Best Buddy? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Who Is Andy's Best Buddy? Vote_lcap67%Who Is Andy's Best Buddy? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Who Is Andy's Best Buddy? Empty Who Is Andy's Best Buddy?

Post by hawkeye Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:20 pm

Andy Murray must be one of if not the most popular player in the locker room. Other players like nothing better than talking to journalists about how nice he is and how they hope he will win a slam. It would be fair to say there are a few exceptions though. Karlavic, Davydenko and Haas have been known to mock his injuries, laugh at him or suspect his wins are helped by dodgy officials. But to be honest that just isn't nice! Anyway none of these players have even 1 slam so they are not really the sort of company Andy should be mixing with. Federer does have a few slams but some people (not Andy of course) say they were won in the wrong era and he has also been known to be a bit too honest about Andy so maybe he should be kept at arms length.

IMO there are only two candidates for the role of Andy's best Buddy. Novak who has 5 slams and has been known to travel up to Scotland to talk to Andy's many fans there about his slam prospects. Andy and Novak are almost the same age and practically grew up together. Obviously Andy is a little slower to mature. The other candidate is Rafa who has 11 slams. Andy enjoys playing computer games with him when they aren't laughing at the press or playing practical jokes on each other. It's such a shame for Andy that Rafa lost early this year as it means they will have less time to hang out.

Who do you think is Andy's best buddy?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Who Is Andy's Best Buddy? Empty Re: Who Is Andy's Best Buddy?

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:22 pm

You're his best buddy hawkeye - why else would you spend so much time thinking and writing about him?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:25 pm

Rosol

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

Very interesting article hawkeye. I would agree that Rosol is his best mate today.

Did you watch the Rosol match hawkeye?

What were your thoughts on it?

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

Craig
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

Imagine this Hawky.

Andy reaches his first Wimbledon final courtesy of Rosol.

Me and you go up there at Centre Court to watch Andy's crowning moment. We share a few laughs over some Cucumber/Philadelphia sandwiches, Strawberries and Cream and even some Champagne if my coughers are deep enough.

And after all that, you will have a new found love Andy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:43 pm

Andrew Jarrett
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 29 Jun 2012, 3:18 pm

Neither.

It is Jock McWilliams who he's know since school.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 3:22 pm

and I thought it was Danny Valverdu.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 29 Jun 2012, 4:32 pm

Nah that's just because the journalists ask them every 5 minutes about Murray. Federer refused to answer questions about Murray last time during an interview.

The journalists and pundits seem to have an issue whenever they think Murray has an easy draw. But his draw ain't easy this year. The way they are going on it is like the final is a dead cert. I don't think he will get there.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 4:45 pm

Actually agree with you there Siefer. It annoys me when a player is being interviewed and the interviewer suddenly for no reason brings Murray into the conversation.

I also agree that with Nadal now out the journos and pundits are going over the top a bit on his chances of reaching the final. Yes he has a chance but will have to beat another four very good players to get there.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 29 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

If he meets Del Potro or Tsonga I can see him getting marmalised... To be fair to Andy he must get annoyed by it because it sets him up for a fall. When he loses the same journalists make sad excuses or call him a bottler (which he is haha at times) but he is a very fine player, just not a great player. There is no disgrace losing to today's breed or saying someone is second best to the likes of Fed. The problem is there are too many out there that don't understand Tennis at all, and tune on once every year.

It is same with Snooker. I was in the bookies a few weeks back during the World Championship and there was a guy in there who didn't understand why I was gunning for Ronnie to take a 4th title. It is because I had seen his form over the year compared to the rest. He lost his money cause he had it on Ding.

Anyway point is, people who understand Tennis know Murray has a very hard draw and I find it very unlikely he will reach final this year.

Last edited by Seifer Almasy on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 29 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm

Lemme get over the hill, what about Andy's chances of No.1 as he gonna win Wimbledon [forget the 4 matches Very Happy ], Cincy, Toronto, Olympics, USO Yahoo

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:02 pm

I didn't see Raonic had been knocked SadSadSad What the hell happened!?

Time for a youtube reminder! steam

Well with him out of the way, Del Potro is the next big hitter who can do the damage. I can see him putting Murray out. Cilic is no mug either.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 29 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

Seifer Almasy wrote:If he meets Del Potro or Tsonga I can see him getting marmalised... To be fair to Andy he must get annoyed by it because it sets him up for a fall. When he loses the same journalists make sad excuses or call him a bottler (which he is haha at times) but he is a very fine player, just not a great player. There is no disgrace losing to today's breed or saying someone is second best to the likes of Fed. The problem is there are too many out there that don't understand Tennis at all, and tune on once every year.

It is same with Snooker. I was in the bookies a few weeks back during the World Championship and there was a guy in there who didn't understand why I was gunning for Ronnie to take a 4th title. It is because I had seen his form over the year compared to the rest. He lost his money cause he had it on Ding.

Anyway point is, people who understand Tennis know Murray has a very hard draw and I find it very unlikely he will reach final this year.

What has Del Potro ever done on grass to make you believe he could even push Murray never mind "marmalise" him. Tsonga has played Andy once at Wimbledon and lost. Stop spouting rubbish.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:52 pm

Did you see Tsonga last year against Federer?

And remind me again, who has a slam between Murray and Del Potro?

I will be back to remind you how wrong you are. Murray won't reach the final. Count on it. I am going on current form, not matches from yesteryear. You are as bad as the guy I met in the bookies.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:54 pm

Did you see Tsonga against Murray last year at Queens?

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:56 pm

Seifer Almasy wrote:Did you see Tsonga last year against Federer?

And remind me again, who has a slam between Murray and Del Potro?

I will be back to remind you how wrong you are. Murray won't reach the final. Count on it. I am going on current form, not matches from yesteryear. You are as bad as the guy I met in the bookies.

Aren't you just going the same? talking about Tsonga's match a year ago and Del Potro's US open 3 years back. What i was saying is Del Potro is not a good grass court player, it doesnt suit him as he doesn't have the time on the long take back on his forehand and his movement is poor. Tsonga can be brilliant or rubbish, we'll just have to see if he and Murray come up against each other.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:56 pm

This is a slam. And last year was the closest thing to this years Wimbledon.

I am not arguing with you, just prepare to come back here with your tail between your legs and say

"You were right" K?

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:59 pm

And?

Oh wait Murray done him 2 years ago at...wait for it.....Wimbledon

Back to top Go down

Post by beeman Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:01 am

It's a tough one on Murray due to the stupid behaviour of british media...

I mean, every four years we're going to win the world cup because, 'we won a friendly v germany' or 'we have the best premier league in the world' or some other inane, illogical reason. When the reality is we have no world class players. Anyway, enough football analogies.

Our media just love to lump unreasonable expectations on our sports stars and then BLAME THE STARS when they go unfulfilled. Hey, it's the wrong way, but it's our way! Wink

And as Nadal lost to the incredible performance from Rosol, my first thought was 'oh no... ' as I waited patiently for the BBC to make it all about Murray. Of course they obliged by granting him an honourary spot in the final...

Having said that, I do believe he's favourite to come through that half even though as others have pointed out, there are dangerous oponents ahead. But due to the penchant of the British media, I just don't want it said too loudly...

beeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

Well said Beeman. That is it exactly it. Apart from him coming through his half. I can't see it.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 30 Jun 2012, 11:46 am

I dunno this is Murray's best chance at getting to the final for ages, wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get through. Just hope he doesn't play Djokovic in the final - it makes for spectacularly dull tennis IMO.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by beeman Sat 30 Jun 2012, 12:10 pm

You may be right on that Seifer.
I just think he's looked mentally the best prepared he's been for a good while, which is why I feel he has a great chance.
As we all know, for Murray the mental prep is probably the main key to his desired success.

beeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down