The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddy Roberts

4 posters

Go down

Buddy Roberts Empty Buddy Roberts

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 29 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

WWE is reporting that Buddy Roberts has died. For those who don't know, he was a member of the Fabulous Freebirds, and probably the best in-ring technician of the group. Sad news.

Thing is though, I'm really hoping Michael Hayes doesn't sing a song for him like he did for Terry Gordy. That man should not be singing.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Buddy Roberts Empty Re: Buddy Roberts

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 29 Nov 2012, 9:58 pm

Shame, one of my favourite teams of all time, vastly underrated, while Buddy was the technician of the group I felt the star was always Michael Hayes, he was 15/20 years before his time, he would have been a multi-time World Champion if he was around in the late 90s early 2000s although the World wouldn't have ever got to know Dock Hendricks if that'd been the case

To be honest, I didn't know Buddy was still alive, he's looked in a bad way for years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:02 pm

Oh I agree that PS was definitely the star of the group. I look at Buddy the same way as I do Arn Anderson with the horsemen. Ric Flair was the guy everybody thought of, but Arn was the guy who you knew would go out there and get it done every night.

I've not really seen much of him since I heard about his cancer battle, so I don't really know how he was holding up after that.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 30 Nov 2012, 9:49 am

Ah that's a real shame. The Freebirds were awesome.
Who said Michael PS Hayes can't sing?!
Shame on you!
notworthy

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 30 Nov 2012, 1:49 pm

Sad news indeed, Roberts was the least heralded member of the Freebirds but his contributions to the group shouldn't be overlooked.

Maybe Hayes will release an acoustic version of 'Badstreet USA' in Buddy's memory.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down