The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters That Could Take Tyson In The Prime

+25
Rowley
manos de piedra
Pedro147
samevans1
TRUSSMAN66
kevchadders
huw
Eric Da Cat
fearlessBamber
Scottrf
WelshDevilRob
The Galveston Giant
hazharrison
HumanWindmill
oxring
coxy0001
Mr Bounce
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
Imperial Ghosty
eddyfightfan
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
azania
88Chris05
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
29 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Fighters That Could Take Tyson In The Prime - Page 5 Empty Fighters That Could Take Tyson In The Prime

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was watching this amazing video of Tyson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QACELH3www and it got me thinking, is there anyone that could have actually taken Tyson in the prime? Obviously people would put someone like Muhammed Ali, but in complete honesty I think he would actually have taken him, just my personal opinion... But do you guys think that there would have been a Heavyweight on the planet that could have taken Pre-Prison and before he began cutting his training like Pre-Buster Douglas? Because in my personal opinion there isn't a fighter on the planet that could have honestly taken him, his pure aggression and power was enough to take out a lot of guys in the later stages, but when you mixed that with his athletisicm and ability to not get caught whilst coming in was just purely incredible, I would love to see Haye have taken on Tyson in his prime, personally I think you need to have a guy that has speed and 1 punch knockout power, enough to rock him back (I know what you're thinking what about Muhammed Ali?) But I just don't see it happening. I don't think Haye would beat him by the way but give him a decent fight. Or even a Valuev don't forget how big Valuev was and how much of a small Heavyweight Tyson was, could he have even reached his head!? :O

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Fighters That Could Take Tyson In The Prime - Page 5 Empty Re: Fighters That Could Take Tyson In The Prime

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:29 pm

Same context because it's Don King, do you really think he'd sit back and do nothing if someone was bad mouthing a fighter of his with lies?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Fighters That Could Take Tyson In The Prime - Page 5 Empty Re: Fighters That Could Take Tyson In The Prime

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:30 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:About as useful as your contribution of Tyson never openly said it so it can't be true despite all evidence suggesting he did

Evidence provided by less than honest people. Yeah right. We are talking about 45 year old Foreman here. The man who had issues with Alex Stewart amongst others. Goodness me. If Qawi could give him problems, I seriously doubt if he Tyson was scared to lose to him. Quotes like that have to have context and maybe it was Tyson blowing off steam. He fought and beat far tougher fighters before and after foreman.

The author of that article is one of the most widely respected fight journalists alive. What right do you have to question his integrity ? You probably never heard of him until today.

I am not questioning the intergrity of the author. Far from it. All they do is write what was said.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:30 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Same context because it's Don King, do you really think he'd sit back and do nothing if someone was bad mouthing a fighter of his with lies?

Its hard to prove the context in which Tyson allegedly said those words.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:31 pm

Exactly that what we've all said from the start, given the evidence what else are we meant to think about the situation?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:33 pm

azania wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:Same context because it's Don King, do you really think he'd sit back and do nothing if someone was bad mouthing a fighter of his with lies?

Your just nit picking, actually read the article and it clearly explains the context not that there is any other way that a comment like that can be construed other than fear, hardly shows a willingness to fight him does it?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:36 pm

ChelskiFanski wrote:
azania wrote:
ChelskiFanski wrote:Azania, on this page alone you have written:
1) Being able to take a punch and not get knocked down only has a very small mental element
2) Frazier was never hard to hit
3) You know better than Ali the tactics he should have used in a particular fight

You are a f***ing special who clearly knows f**k all about boxing.

Thank you for your wonderful contribution.

Care to explain how any of those comments make any sense whatsoever? I guess if you really felt like it you could argue 3). But 1) and 2) are pure rubbish.

I think I summed it up well in my first comment.

The effect of a punch affects the person's bio-mechanics. If you stand there very determined not to get KO'd and accept a punch from Tyson, what do you think will happen to you? You KO will be involuntary reaction to the paid inflicted on your brain. Have you ever spoken to any boxer before? Especially one who has been knocked out before?

Frazier wasn't hard to hit. Where is the argument there? He wasn't face first a la Rocky, but nevertheless he wasn't too hard to hit. Just very difficult to hit clean.

Ali#s style was straight punching. Show me a fight where he consistently went for the body or threw volumes of hooks. Get close to him and he ties you up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:36 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:About as useful as your contribution of Tyson never openly said it so it can't be true despite all evidence suggesting he did

Evidence provided by less than honest people. Yeah right. We are talking about 45 year old Foreman here. The man who had issues with Alex Stewart amongst others. Goodness me. If Qawi could give him problems, I seriously doubt if he Tyson was scared to lose to him. Quotes like that have to have context and maybe it was Tyson blowing off steam. He fought and beat far tougher fighters before and after foreman.

The author of that article is one of the most widely respected fight journalists alive. What right do you have to question his integrity ? You probably never heard of him until today.

I am not questioning the intergrity of the author. Far from it. All they do is write what was said.

Which was that Tyson was scared of Foreman. That doesn't require context or explanation.

Perhaps you don't know, but this story has been doing the rounds for a good many years, and few have doubted its authenticity.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:38 pm

Frazier wasn't hard to hit. Where is the argument there? He wasn't face first a la Rocky, but nevertheless he wasn't too hard to hit. Just very difficult to hit clean.

You should watch his fights, as has been said already Ali could barely touch him in their first, hell even in the Foreman fight he was never hit by a perfectly clean shot, most of them being glancing shots

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:39 pm

Windy i've come to the conclusion that Azania is on a wind up on this site

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:39 pm

oxring wrote:Answer this again. You must have missed it before.

It is double standards to refuse to admit the quotes of people who were there at the time.

And to then offer your own, made up, ridiculous excuse for Tyson-Foreman not happening: "Tyson didn't want to hurt old George".

Do you disagree, or are you still defending your rather indefensible position?

I haven't refused to admit the quotes. I want to see their context and to hear Tyson's version of events. When I forst heard that fight mooted, I was opposed to it as I feared for George's safety. I remember it well. A total missmatch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:41 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Frazier wasn't hard to hit. Where is the argument there? He wasn't face first a la Rocky, but nevertheless he wasn't too hard to hit. Just very difficult to hit clean.

You should watch his fights, as has been said already Ali could barely touch him in their first, hell even in the Foreman fight he was never hit by a perfectly clean shot, most of them being glancing shots

Glancing shots dont lift people off their feet.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:42 pm

That was the second fight if memory serves me right

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:44 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:
azania wrote:

Your just nit picking, actually read the article and it clearly explains the context not that there is any other way that a comment like that can be construed other than fear, hardly shows a willingness to fight him does it?

No I am not. He said she said is ridiculous unless you know the context. The explanation of the context comes from other sources. I cant see how any boxer who was good would be scared of a slower and more ponderous Foreman. With the exception of Moorer, the only decent guys he fought beat him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:45 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:That was the second fight if memory serves me right

It was their first fight. Their second fight Frazier came in a "Black Kojak" (I kid you not) and got beaten in 6.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:45 pm

azania wrote:When I forst heard that fight mooted, I was opposed to it as I feared for George's safety. I remember it well. A total missmatch.

You mean, like the first Tyson v Holyfield fight ?

Then again, I don't think that happened. I believe it was staged by less than honest people and that the ringside crowd were extras from the show ' Cheers.' I mean, where's the proof eh, az ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:47 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:

Which was that Tyson was scared of Foreman. That doesn't require context or explanation.

Perhaps you don't know, but this story has been doing the rounds for a good many years, and few have doubted its authenticity.

Come on windy. Of course it requires context. Not from the reporter but from those claiming to know what Tyson said. You miss my point regarding its authenticity. For the last time,. I am not doubting the comments, I want to know the context in which Tyson said those alleged remarks. They remain alleged until the contet is known.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:48 pm

azania wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:
azania wrote:

No I am not. He said she said is ridiculous unless you know the context. The explanation of the context comes from other sources. I cant see how any boxer who was good would be scared of a slower and more ponderous Foreman. With the exception of Moorer, the only decent guys he fought beat him.

Your making an assumption ignoring every shred of evidence that suggests the opposite, I can assume many things but with only circumstantial evidence it means nothing. We're not talking about random comments here, these are coming from a highly respected journalist who knows what he's talking about, like i've said King would have taken him to the cleaners if it was all lies.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:48 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:When I forst heard that fight mooted, I was opposed to it as I feared for George's safety. I remember it well. A total missmatch.

Then again, I don't think that happened. I believe it was staged by less than honest people and that the ringside crowd were extras from the show ' Cheers.' I mean, where's the proof eh, az ?

I thought that a missmatch also. But I meant the Tyson/Foreman fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:49 pm

azania wrote:

It was their first fight. Their second fight Frazier came in a "Black Kojak" (I kid you not) and got beaten in 6.

He was actually beaten in 5.

Allegedly, of course.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:50 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:
azania wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:
azania wrote:

Your making an assumption ignoring every shred of evidence that suggests the opposite, I can assume many things but with only circumstantial evidence it means nothing. We're not talking about random comments here, these are coming from a highly respected journalist who knows what he's talking about, like i've said King would have taken him to the cleaners if it was all lies.

Where have I said they were lies? Who knows what Tyson meant by animal. Perhaps it was meant to be insulting towards george who, lets face it, did not display any animalistic talents whatsoever.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:51 pm

Windy there really is no point debating with someone who ignores anything that goes against his engrained opinion, he didn't know those quotes existed and is now trying to back track demanding context on something where context is not all that important.

In what circumstance would saying that be justified and prove anything other than fear?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:51 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Yes, I know you did.

So your reading of Foreman v Tyson might have been as inaccurate as just about everybody's reading of the Holyfield v Tyson fight.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:52 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:

He was actually beaten in 5.

Allegedly, of course.

laughing

Windy for someone your age, you still have a wonderful gift for serious wounding. furious

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:53 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Yes, I know you did.

So your reading of Foreman v Tyson might have been as inaccurate as just about everybody's reading of the Holyfield v Tyson fight.

Nope. I wanted the Holy fight to happen an I wanted Tyson to slaughter Holy who I regarded at the time as a roid freak. Hey I'm a sadist.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:54 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Windy there really is no point debating with someone who ignores anything that goes against his engrained opinion, he didn't know those quotes existed and is now trying to back track demanding context on something where context is not all that important.

In what circumstance would saying that be justified and prove anything other than fear?

It's the milkshakes and creatine, Ghosty.

Seriously, az, what other interpretation IS THERE for Tyson screaming as he did and what he did ?

Do tell. I've had a nice energy drink so I can face up to a lengthy and detailed analysis, provided, of course, that they come via primary evidence.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:54 pm

Any prove of that?
Do you have any prove of Holyfields opinion on that?

Unless you do it can't be true and context must be considered

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:54 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Windy there really is no point debating with someone who ignores anything that goes against his engrained opinion, he didn't know those quotes existed and is now trying to back track demanding context on something where context is not all that important.

Can you tell me what I have ignored please? What you call backtracking I call acknowledgement of facts. I suppose you want me to continue on the lines that those comments were lies?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:55 pm

The facts are Tyson said that, it is widely accepted and has never been disputed yet you still wish to suggest Tyson wasn't scared

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:56 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Yes, I know you did.

Nope. I wanted the Holy fight to happen an I wanted Tyson to slaughter Holy who I regarded at the time as a roid freak. Hey I'm a sadist.

Yes, but you called it wr.. ( excuse me, ) wr... ( damn it ! ) wro... ( almost there, that time, ) WRONG !!!

There it is !

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:56 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

Seriously, az, what other interpretation IS THERE for Tyson screaming as he did and what he did ?

Do tell. I've had a nice energy drink so I can face up to a lengthy and detailed analysis, provided, of course, that they come via primary evidence.

Tyson could have been pi$$ed at the time and blowing off steam. Who knows. But scared of Foreman is ot one of them especuially given GF's recent record and performances against second tier opposition.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:

Come on windy. Of course it requires context. Not from the reporter but from those claiming to know what Tyson said. You miss my point regarding its authenticity. For the last time,. I am not doubting the comments, I want to know the context in which Tyson said those alleged remarks. They remain alleged until the contet is known.

No, they don't. The article explains the context perfectly. Read it again. In full.

The only think it doesn't mention is whether Tyson was drinking a beer and wearing jeans.

Frankly - it is becoming obvious that you're clutching at straws.

You're argument holds as much water as a leaky bucket - and you know this full well
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Tyson could have been pi$$ed at the time and blowing off steam. Who knows. But scared of Foreman is ot one of them especuially given GF's recent record and performances against second tier opposition.

So why didn't the fight get made, then ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:58 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Any prove of that?

Absolutely no proof. As I said, it was my opinion. Also strengthened by the whole Evan Field episode. But hey, E.Field and Evan(der) HolyFIELD could be two very different people.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

That's the most sensible explanation of course, has nothing to back it up but portrays Tyson in a better way so must be true

Tyson did not see a 41 year old Foreman, he saw an animal that was conning the public into thinking he was worse than he was, you can suggest otherwise but Tyson WAS scared of him, whether he had justification is neither here nor there.

Guess work has no place in this debate or any

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:01 pm

azania wrote:

Absolutely no proof. As I said, it was my opinion. Also strengthened by the whole Evan Field episode. But hey, E.Field and Evan(der) HolyFIELD could be two very different people.

And a room full of fight veterans could have misinterpreted Tyson's rant.

Yeah, and the Sun revolves around the Earth, D4 is impartial and Elton John is straight.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Foreman was 41 at the time and had yet to lose since his return to the sport, Tyson didn't see him as an old man he saw him as George Foreman, the man who had destroyed Frazier.

Taking into account all the evidence we have it points to Tyson being scared of Foreman, there is nothing to suggest the opposite.

Foreman was hardly blazing a trail in his return, he was knockinging over stiffs and Mexican Roadsweepers. I see no reason at all that Tyson would be afraid of Foreman. Holyfield was the Champion and he gave Foreman a shot.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:05 pm

azania wrote:

STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE!

You refuse to believe the Tyson-Foreman episode because it was reported by journalists

You believe Evander is Evan Field because it was reported to you by journalists.

This is at the least muddled logic.

Face facts - Tyson never had a peak, had a "peak" that lasted 5 minutes, interested the casual man because he was "bad". But doesn't make most people's top 10 HW list. Rightly so.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

You see no reason but are you Mike Tyson himself?

So you guessing what he's scared of is irrelevant

While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, " Georgie,You'll never believe this but, Flip' Tyson is scared Poopie of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fightin' that F**kin' animal, if you love the motherf**ker so much, you fight him!'"

Context to me suggests he's scared

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:19 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:You see no reason but are you Mike Tyson himself?

While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, " Georgie,You'll never believe this but, Flip' Tyson is scared Poopie of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fightin' that F**kin' animal, if you love the motherf**ker so much, you fight him!'"

I don't believe Mike has any welsh blood. The article seems fine but do I take quotes and story's as fact - No.

Anyone who believes that Don King only had Tysons interests at heart and wouldn't make the fight for huge somes of money obviously isn't that familiar with Don King.

I know Tyson wasn't the brightest guy around but as someone who studied fights he would have been aware of history and that fighters get old. The fight would have been made IMO, if both their careers went smoothly but they didn't.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:26 pm

So Rob - why then did Tyson pay Foreman not to talk about him? What's your take?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:32 pm

oxring wrote:So Rob - why then did Tyson pay Foreman not to talk about him? What's your take?

I've never heard that tbh but will try and find out as I'm curious. Very Happy

George once said Riddick Bowe was the best fighter in the World and a week later in the UK said Lennox Lewis was. When it comes to George anything is possible but also anything is inaccurate.

I'm sure as a minister of the cloth - George would never accept a bribe. Wink

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:34 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:

I don't believe Mike has any welsh blood. The article seems fine but do I take quotes and story's as fact - No.

Anyone who believes that Don King only had Tysons interests at heart and wouldn't make the fight for huge somes of money obviously isn't that familiar with Don King.

I know Tyson wasn't the brightest guy around but as someone who studied fights he would have been aware of history and that fighters get old. The fight would have been made IMO, if both their careers went smoothly but they didn't.

It was only being suggested as a fight for Tyson AFTER he lost to Douglas in order to get some named recognition, King wanted to make the fight because it made financial sense but Tyson himself wanted no part of it otherwise it would have happened.

Quotes and Facts such as this are as close to facts as there are on the situation, using the logic that Tyson simply wouldn't be scared is guesswork, he was a mentally fragile guy.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:35 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:I'm sure as a minister of the cloth - George would never accept a bribe. Wink

Haha !

Then again, Rob, Tyson, being a Muslim, wasn't supposed to eat certain meats, but he had a nice little snack at Holy's pleasure.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:39 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:I'm sure as a minister of the cloth - George would never accept a bribe. Wink

Haha !

Then again, Rob, Tyson, being a Muslim, wasn't supposed to eat certain meats, but he had a nice little snack at Holy's pleasure.

Is Holyfield made of pork?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:45 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Haha !

Is Holyfield made of pork?

Aw come on. A little poetic license ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:47 pm

Smile

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:54 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:

It was only being suggested as a fight for Tyson AFTER he lost to Douglas in order to get some named recognition, King wanted to make the fight because it made financial sense but Tyson himself wanted no part of it otherwise it would have happened.

Quotes and Facts such as this are as close to facts as there are on the situation, using the logic that Tyson simply wouldn't be scared is guesswork, he was a mentally fragile guy.

After his 1st defeat then its quite possibly true as Tyson didn't seem mentally strong and a crushing defeat is going to give a fighter doubts. Tyson always admitted he had fear and it was evident in a doumentary I watched of him in the Junior Olympics, where he is crying before a fight out of fear. He knocked the opponent out really quick if I recall correctly.

Whether he did have fear or not I do believe he would have won as once in the ring any fear was gone. Also at that time he beat a much more formidable opponent than Foreman in Razor Ruddock.

Anyway, I've sent this debate to my good friend Billy C and hopefully he has some answers or opinions and will discuss it on his radio show on Monday.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:56 pm

Whether he would beat Foreman or not isn't relevant, he simply wouldn't step into the ring with him because of what those around him saw as fear.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 15 Apr 2011, 7:37 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:

After his 1st defeat then its quite possibly true as Tyson didn't seem mentally strong and a crushing defeat is going to give a fighter doubts. Tyson always admitted he had fear and it was evident in a doumentary I watched of him in the Junior Olympics, where he is crying before a fight out of fear. He knocked the opponent out really quick if I recall correctly.

Whether he did have fear or not I do believe he would have won as once in the ring any fear was gone. Also at that time he beat a much more formidable opponent than Foreman in Razor Ruddock.

Anyway, I've sent this debate to my good friend Billy C and hopefully he has some answers or opinions and will discuss it on his radio show on Monday.

Look at the timeframe -

Foreman beats Cooney in January - there's then 3 months before Tyson gets whipped against Douglas.

So there's 3 months where things were being considered whilst Tyson was still undefeated and "prime".
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 15 Apr 2011, 7:50 pm

oxring wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:

Look at the timeframe -

Foreman beats Cooney in January - there's then 3 months before Tyson gets whipped against Douglas.

So there's 3 months where things were being considered whilst Tyson was still undefeated and "prime".

The Tyson vs Douglas fight was probably seen as big money, little risk in Japan by King.

Undefeated and with all his out the ring problems that have been documented.

So, Tyson is scared seeing Cooney getting done in 4 by Foreman despite Spinks doing Foreman in the same time?

Spinks lasted a round against Tyson.

If Tyson was scared of getting beat up then why fight Lennox Lewis? - he knew Lewis when they were teenagers and he'd seen Lewis fight and win but still took the fight. Took it for money some may say and if thats the case he would have taken the Foreman fight for money.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next