The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kim Clijsters - Average dressed as great

+3
JuliusHMarx
lydian
Jewell_Of_East
7 posters

Go down

Kim Clijsters - Average dressed as great Empty Kim Clijsters - Average dressed as great

Post by Jewell_Of_East Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:29 pm

I know every one loves Clijsters but if anything, she underlines the problem with Women tennis since 2009, average field with sub-par depth unless Serena Williams bothers to leave fashion and put in practice before a Grand slam.
How she managed to win 3 slams after coming out of retirement still gets me shaking my head in bemusement and wondering about the quality of the tour. She is just not a great player.

Maria is doing her best but if i had to predict who will win Wimbledon or the USO between my mother and the current players, i'll have a hard time deciding.

Last edited by Jewell_Of_East on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jewell_Of_East

Back to top Go down

Kim Clijsters - Average dressed as great Empty Re: Kim Clijsters - Average dressed as great

Post by lydian Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

lol JoE and dont get the board started on whether she's carrying a few pounds or not Run
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Kim Clijsters - Average dressed as great Empty Re: Kim Clijsters - Average dressed as great

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm

Jewell_Of_East wrote:...if i had to predict who will win Wimbledon or the USO between my mother and the current players, i'll have a hard time deciding.

I think Jaden Agassi said the same thing Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewell_Of_East Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:40 pm

She seems to loooose 'em when in retirement Smile

Jewell_Of_East

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

It's not completely new though is it? Women have been retiring and coming back for years. I think it's simply own to the fact that peak fitness isnt as important in their game.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewell_Of_East Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:02 pm

Or simply quality isn't as important in their game.

Jewell_Of_East

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

Handy doubles player too Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

I never liked Clijsters even when she played before retirement. She was a choker and was frequently owned by her main rival and far better player in compatriot Justine Henin. Unfortunately she has come back for more knowing that the current crop of players are poor.

Why there is such rapture for Clijsters I do not know. So she's had a kid, big deal! Why do people want to love her for that? There are plenty of people on tower blocks and registered with housing associations that procreate very often and we don't wish to reward those!

Also, Sharapova is another weak era stinker! She only ever wins things when the field is weak. She bides her time like a shrieking vulture.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

Though she defeated Williams at her pomp and Henin.

What a weak field Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:35 pm

According to all the other players on the tour Clijsters is one of the nicest people you could hope to meet. Maybe that's why people like her.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

Williams at her pomp? Wait was that Wimbledon 04? Williams barely showed up. S.Williams has been a part time model and movie star since the early part of the century. Sharapova's success depends hugely on whether Serena chooses to take it seriously or not.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:44 pm

And she told you this?

The same Williams who put Mauresmo and Capriati to the sword.

Change the record.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:56 pm

Jewell_Of_East wrote:Or simply quality isn't as important in their game.
laughing Good one JOE thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm

"Kim Clijsters - Average dressed"

Her on-court wear isnt great too.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

This article is terrible, dressed as average. Nil points! Ale

(where's the bubbly icon?!)

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down