The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+7
LukeLovesLuka
stnick88
prop_lyd
Driver
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
Ozzy3213
11 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Homepage Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:30 am

Homepage Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Upcoming Fixtures: AP R1 - Newcastle Falcons v Sale Sharks, Gloucester v Northampton Saints, London Welsh v Leicester Tigers, Saracens v London Irish, London Wasps v Harlequins, Worcester Warriors v Bath Rugby

Homepage Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage 1Bath Rugby000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 Homepage 2Gloucester000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 Homepage 7Harlequins000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 Homepage 4Leicester Tigers000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 Homepage 5London Irish0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
6 Homepage 6London Wasps000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 Homepage 50London Welsh0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
8 Homepage 8Newcastle Falcons000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9 Homepage 9Northampton Saints000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
10 Homepage 12Sale Sharks0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
11 Homepage 11Saracens000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00
12 Homepage 57Worcester Warriors000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalisst - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm; edited 8 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:36 am

I'm really hoping that Brian Smith is going to announce a big name signing, preferably a tightehad, soon, as all of our recent signings are on potential rather than actual current ability. If the gambles pay off then great, but could backfire massively...

http://www.london-irish.com/news/Irish85161.ink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Worrincy
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:48 am

Wasps have recruited well this season, Haskell and Palmer will make a huge difference - wonder if they will be playing Haskell at no8 though.

Should have a really solid midfield next year, and hopefully no injuries!

Amazing how the Tom Varndell tackle on Sam Vesty kept us in the league, without that showboating we'd be in the Championship!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

I think Tigers will definitely be in the top 4 next season, but after that, with the exception of Worcester and Welsh, I reckon any of the other 9 teams could make the play offs. Should be a really open season.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:55 am

Paul James at Bath could be a massive signing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 12:00 pm

He is a very underated player.

Most teams have recruited well, should be a good season. I am excited and optimistic, but nervous at the same time about how we will go. Think it's going to be a season where we are either brilliant or utter dross. We won't be steady or average, it will be one extreme or the other.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm

He is underrated but he does also take some hammerings when at tight head. Loosehead he is a good player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 12:06 pm

Yeah, he's no tighthead, but he will do an excellent job for Bath at loosehead.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 12:14 pm

He does look a bit inbred also so will fill the void left by Ducan bell's departure

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 03 Jul 2012, 5:56 pm

I hope Falcons run away with Championship myself but can see new cOmbos costing us early on in the season
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 03 Jul 2012, 6:37 pm

J.P. Morgan Asset Management 7s Series 2012:

Pool A: London - Friday, July 13, The Twickenham Stoop
Harlequins, London Irish, London Wasps, Saracens

Pool B: North - Friday, July 20, Edgeley Park
Leicester Tigers, London Welsh, Northampton Saints, Sale Sharks

Pool C: South West - Thursday, July 26, Kingsholm
Bath Rugby, Exeter Chiefs, Gloucester Rugby, Worcester Warriors

Tumbleweed
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 03 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

I'm guessing everything was sorted for when Falcons were meant to be there so that's how it goes!! Would like to think Glos stand a good chance in our group.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:21 am

really hope Irish get Wasps for the double header.

also, quins v sarries would be a great game to watch after.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:17 am

That'd definitely be a good way round for the games Nick, get Wasps off to a good start Wink

Next year is going to be so tight for top6 as all clubs outside Worcester and Welsh have a chance - be interesting to see how well Chiefs do this year.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:36 am

I could see Irish struggling a bit tbh, not sure they've recruited that well.

Guess at the table:

1. Leicester
2. Saracens
3. Harlequins
4. Saints
5. Bath
6. Exeter
7. Wasps
8. Sale
9. Gloucester
10. Irish
11. Worcester
12. Welsh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

No chance Wasps are coming 7th mate! Stop trying to make Chris happy!

Its so hard to call, Irish could go one of two ways. We will definitely be better than last season though, helps having a manager that actually gets on with the players. Glos should also benefit in that respect.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:29 am

Glaws home record should see us mid table. Last year was first time in ages we have lost at home. often 100% record at home

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:32 am

You saying Wasps will finish higher Nick?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:54 am

We will either go really well and be fighting for the play offs, or be completely shoite and be fighting relegation this season I reckon, I don't think we will be mid table. Smithy has rolled the dice with most of his signings, which if they pay off will be great, but if they don't, me and nick will be having the same sort of end of season as Pooly, driver and Chris did last year.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 11:58 am

Wasps have a good starting lineup now but squad still looking a bit thin, few injuries and you could struggle.

I'm quietly confident of a good season. Skivington, Hala'ufia and Treviranus will make a big difference to our pack, which is what stuffed us last season. Also having two good options at 10 in Geraghty and Humphreys will help. Jarvis was useless.

Glos backline could be a joy to watch next year, hope 12T plays well and gets himself in to England reckoning.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:04 pm

Big thing for us is whether one of the new tightheads is up to the job nick. If yes then the rest of the pack I am happy with, and also a backline that if everyone settles in quickly could cause real damage to teams.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:28 pm

There will be a another new tighthead as well Pete. (hopefully a good one).
That useless Welsh bloke isnt the only one joining!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

stnick88 wrote:No chance Wasps are coming 7th mate! Stop trying to make Chris happy!

Its so hard to call, Irish could go one of two ways. We will definitely be better than last season though, helps having a manager that actually gets on with the players. Glos should also benefit in that respect.

Haha....when I ever pleased Chris???

Depends on injuries but see Wasps doing well, might be wrong. Think Irish look the worst of the middle teams tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:33 pm

I was hoping to hear that there will be another tighthead as I am not convinced that any of the ones we have will be good enough to take us on a level. Any ideas on who's being looked at?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:36 pm

Pooly are you trying to wind me up?!
Because its working!

Can't wait for the season to start, double header is always a qualtity day and an all dayer in Oxford for the Welsh game will be good.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:37 pm

I can see Bath struggling a bit this year as well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

Honestly not Nick lol...

I just think with Irish losing Bowden, Kennedy & Armitage they've lost some of their best players. On paper they look a lot weaker than last season imo whilst Wasps, Bath, Gloucester, Sale look stronger.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

Bath have lost a lot of players this year and only recruited 3-4 players, I cant see how they can compete with the likes of Saints, Tigers and Sarries.

I'm not sure how well Quins will do this year, as dont think they have the biggest of squads, but arguably more quality in first XV than most.

Wasps should do well, bit concerned at hooker and a lot will depend upon how good the Italian tighthead is we signed. I'm pretty certain we wont get to the stage where we have 17 first team players out at once again though!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:03 pm

Armitage is a huge loss, but considering how much he was banned it makes it easier to take. also, with Homer being 1st choice FB and 4 good wingers in Tagi, Ojo, Ansbro and Yarde, it should be OK.

Kennedy is a big loss, our lineout will suffer without him. But Skivington is a good replacement and will bulk up our pack.

I'd rather have iHumph and Geraghty than Bowden and Jarvis. Think we have improved there.

Personally I think our team/squad has improved.

Can't see the top 4 changing really, but it is hard to predict any other positions, apart from Worcester and Welsh being bottom two. I'd be happy with 6th.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:04 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Honestly not Nick lol...

I just think with Irish losing Bowden, Kennedy & Armitage they've lost some of their best players. On paper they look a lot weaker than last season imo whilst Wasps, Bath, Gloucester, Sale look stronger.

Bowden missed half a season through injury and is not as good as some people seem to think. Kennedy will be a loss, as will Delon, although he missed so many games last season it may not be as much of a miss as it could have been.

15. Homer
14. Ojo/Yarde
13. JJ
12. Sa
11. Losi
10. iHumph
9. TOL

is a very good backline if all in form. Just need the pack to man up better than they did last year.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

Fans of clubs always see things differently to non fans I guess

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:08 pm

It's your pack that isn't up there to challenge for me. Humps will be magic one game, dross the next and Gereghty isn't the player you want alongside him or to replace imo.

Armitage big big loss

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

If we get a decent tighthead I would say our pack is up to it.

1. Corbs
2. Paice
4. Garvey
5. Skivington/Evans
6. Gibson
7. Treviranus
8. Hala'ufia

is as good as most packs in the AP.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

Your backrow isn't strong, not sure how your set piece will go either.

You're always going to rate your own clubs team higher.

Wasps for example(who are around the same level?)

4. Palmer
5. Wentzal
6. Haskell/Launchbury
7. Poff
8. AJ

Is better man for man.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:22 pm

I forgot that you signed Sa Pete, he's a good player and your midfield is definitely going to get you some tries!

I've got no idea what Wasps backline will be next year - we have Lee Thomas, Chris Bell, Chris Mayor, Elliot Daly and Dom Waldouck in the centres and I get the impression Young wants two powerful players there.

Chris Bell will definitely start, possibly with Lee Thomas - I'm concerned that this season Elliot Daly wont get as much game time because of the style I can see us playing, or trying to.

Looking forward to having Haskell and Palmer back!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

If we get a decent tighthead set piece will be ok. Evans or Skivington will lead the lineout, Garvey is a decent front jumper, and Gibson is excellent at the lineout, in particular on opposition ball.

Comparing man for man is never simple as different players have different skill sets and it's as much about how they work as a unit as anything else.

If you look at that Wasps back 5 only Haskell/Launchbury and AJ are good carriers in heavy traffic, whereas all of the players in the Irish 5 except Gibson are good in that regard. Wasps have the better breakdown exponents with Poff the only true 7 on show.

I do find the, 'your back row isn't strong' comment a little odd. All are very good players. Whatever issues Hala'ufia has with discipline, he is one of the best ball carriers in the league.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

I saw yesterday on Twitter someone saying that Waldouck was talking to Bath Chris. Any info?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

Yea I know it doesn't always work like that on paper but until the season starts its the only way to judge really

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

There will always be one team that hits the ground running and surprises everyone. It think that could be Sale this year.

Am happy with where we are at and think we will do better than we did last season.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

BAth were meant to be trying to sign Simpson too Pete, I am pretty certain both signed new Wasps contracts.

Waldoucks a player I really rate, runs really good lines. Hopefully he'll get a full season behind him this year.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 1:55 pm

The Rugby Paper have leaked the opening fixtures early on twitter!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

Quins v Wasps...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 04 Jul 2012, 2:09 pm

Welsh - Tigers

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 2:09 pm

I'm hoping Smith knocks some sense in to Hala'ufia.

Got told a brilliant story about him, before playing rugby he was a policeman in Tonga, and some people had kidnapped some bloke and had him holed up in a building. Hala'ufia was first on the scene, didnt want to wait for back up, just stormed in, battered all the blokes and rescued the hostage!

hero.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 04 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

The new Gloucester no8 did something similar - there was a burning building with 8 people in it and he apparently went in and rescued them all on his own.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 04 Jul 2012, 5:58 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Welsh - Tigers

Guess not being in London really does kick me from double header
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 04 Jul 2012, 8:03 pm

How do those fixtures affect ours? Does it need to be worked out?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:15 pm

For the purpose of fixtures Newcastle (this game) = Exeter (real life)
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

Clear.

I have saints at home in a tough tough opener

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 10:51 pm

Pete am I right in thinking there will be no injuries during rc ?!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next