The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+8
stnick88
CJB
Steven_Sharks
'Arry Spurs
Driver
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Homepage Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm

Homepage Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Leicester Tigers top table with 100% record after the first phase of league matches

Homepage Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage 4Leicester Tigers660 0 153 118 +35 16 9 0 0 24
2 Homepage 8Newcastle Falcons650 1 149 136 +13 14 12 0 1 21
3 Homepage 9Northampton Saints640 2 161 143 +18 19 14 2 2 20
4 Homepage 5London Irish6 4 0 2 162 145 +17 18 15 2 2 20
5 Homepage 7Harlequins640 2 150 138 +12 16 14 1 2 19
6 Homepage 12Sale Sharks6 3 0 3 151 143 +8 16 14 1 3 16
7 Homepage 2Gloucester630 3 144 143 +1 15 14 0 2 14
8 Homepage 1Bath Rugby620 4 132 147 -15 11 16 0 3 11
9 Homepage 6London Wasps620 4 133 149 -16 13 16 0 3 11
10 Homepage 50London Welsh6 1 0 5 132 142 -10 13 13 0 5 9
11 Homepage 57Worcester Warriors610 5 132 147 -25 12 17 0 3 7
12 Homepage 11Saracens610 5 123 161 -38 10 19 0 26

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalisst - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm; edited 9 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 11:00 pm

Round One is now open for predictions. OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:39 am

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/story-16791118-detail/story.html

Rob Webber out till 2013 due to reoccurring shoulder issue. Bath do love to sign crocked players!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

He has been out for quite a while now. He may struggle off the bench vs glos this weekend on here Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:02 am

Not against Grey and George Mat Wink

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:26 am

Folks

I have temporarily locked the match thread. The reason for this is that I have noticed a couple of issues with peoples teams that need to be rectified and have PM'd the managers to make the changes. I am doing this as it is round one and I don't want to be harsh on people for playing ineligible players this early in the season, however I cannot do this every week as people may predict before I have a chance to go through the teams. Therefore I urge you all to read the rules above around team selection and the sanctions for including ineligible players to ensure that you do not fall foul in later rounds.

Once the managers have PM'd me their changes I will re open the thread. Depending on how long this takes I may extend the deadline for predictions as well.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:30 am

Pete

IT may be useful explaining what have people have done wrong. I am assuming i may be one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:38 am

No mate, you're not. Simple explanation is there were two players named in sides this week who are currently suspended so ineligible to play (or at least I thought there were two but I've just checked and ones ban has actually ended which surprised me).

I have PM'd the manager of the team with the banned player in.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

Issue sorted, match thread now re opened for predictions.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

Guys have got two spare tickets for tomorrow's double header - if anyone knows anyone looking for tickets just let me know - they are upper tier tickets, immediately behind the posts in the Wasps section.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:45 pm

Chaps how Is the scoring on games worked out this year. Have we done away with the point per win scoring? Noticed the games looked a lot tighter. Season starts in over an hour. Happy days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:10 pm

Glos unlucky first half total saints second half all Gloucester. Dave Pearson will be embarrassed when he watches his performance.

Both pisi brothers excellent as was lamb

Interestingly glos destroyed saints scrum. Tiny and pdj ( on most of secoNd half) got crucified. Saints fans said tiny is gone and is Northampton tindall which was unfair as tindall did well.

Saints rolling maul killed us. Glos won 2 scrums against head and penalty try due to scrum dominance. Never thought I would type that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:16 pm

Will be a long season for glos with no depth. Hamilton was a huge loss. We used Ben Morgan lineout which is weird.

Burns and robson were great at halfback. Robson is a super talent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

What happened to Irish?!?!

Good to get Kelly Brown back, one less injured player!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:54 pm

And Sale...bloody hell Steve!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:04 pm

Pooly you are having a mare player wise injuries form etc. it happened to Chris a few seasons back. He could not touch a player without him going off the boil or retiring.

Brown had one good season in the killer b's and none of them done owt since. What's Irish score ?

We will lose heavily away to them it's guaranteed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:08 pm

Got pumped 40-3!

I really like Brown, not world class but very consistent.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:23 pm

Sarries beat irish by 40 ???? On train Back from glos. that is massive score. I thought Irish would struggle this year with their pack. Scott lawson is a liability in tight. Their front 5 is feeble. If dawiduik or wood get injured glos season over. Harden murdered tiny but knight as replacement brutalised him. Amazed they did not trust waller who looks a real prospect.

Glos second row so weak today. Savage did well but brown is barely a national league player now. Hamilton would have won us the game. Samu manoa so not a second row untrue. New saints saffer 8 looks real deal whoever signed him. Very intelligent 8.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:34 pm

How good is Nick Evans! Gutted Wasps lost today but that Kiwi is a special player, for me the difference between the two teams.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:40 pm

Saints so one dimensional all they have is rolling maul and power. Good outfit but will win nowt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

Agree Matt, very forwards orientated. Unless they can bully teams they have no plan b. Will struggle to win anything again this year.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:18 pm

See Tom Wood got a shift in, about time he came back. Be good for Steve.

No Lawes yet? Can't remember the last time he played...was it this year??

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:11 pm

Tom wood was lively. Nuisance at breakdown and carried well

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

Lawes played last in the 6 nations.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:12 am

Mat - can you please take Nick Robinson back to Gloucester, please. I am sure he would improve your backline with every aspect of his play. He was good for 30mins and then he missed a kick and his game fell to pieces, never seen anything like it!

Launchbury seemed absolutely fantastic for Wasps yesterday, there was one tackle when Fasivaolo (however you spell it) got up a head of steam and Launchbury just smashed him. Can see him getting a bench spot for England by 6Nations.

Elliot Daly's work at the breakdown was brilliant too - think he turned over at least 2 Quins attacks that led to tries, as each time Wade ran it down the wing the forwards all ran over to Daly to celebrate with him.

Still gutted we lost after leading by 27points - two stupid tries (Robinson charge down and awful Southwell kick), but the Quins offloading game was a joy to watch, can see why they are champions!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:44 am

Watched the Chiefs - Sale game on premiership website this morning.

Worst i'v seen Richie Grey play , Hayes had him in his back pocket which shocked me.

Chiefs backs were so good , Matt Jess was fantastic on the wing and Mireas was cracking.

Intresting i made my return to the rugby pitch yesterday after my neck injury. Played 13 and had a scrum cap so looked a wee bit silly.

First kick off went straight to me and got mashed by 3 blokes. But made up for it with the best line break of my life , fended first tackler off and boshed the 2nd. Aching today though.

Anyone else play yesterday?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:08 pm

What's the rule on loan signings if you loan someone out do they still count as part of your 40?

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:30 pm

Yes.

If you loan a player, he remains part of the loaning teams 40 and is part if the team he is being loaned to's 40.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:06 pm

Anyone see Tigers game? Heard Flood had a stormer (albeit against Welsh)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:15 pm

dire from Sale. Not seen anything of the game but the result is a shocker.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

Did Gray play Steve? You must be in shock!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:51 am

He did but was poor apparently. Iam more confident of our home perfomances.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:59 am

Might take time to gel

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:53 am

Anyone got a fly half I can have on loan for a while?

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:59 am

Beauxis?

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

Anyone got any English players available?

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

All available from London Welsh, not looking for the world for them...

Ben Alexander
Werner Kruger
Rob Simmons
Johnnie Beattie
Matt Smith
Luke Fitzgerald
Andrew Trimble
Lee Byrne
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:32 pm

Caught up on some of the rugby this afternoon.

How good did Wade look - although what was he doing for the Varndell try lol?

Looks like Youngs work on his throwing has paid off. ESPN had Tigers down as nailing 14 lineouts. He's so exciting, great offload for Waldrom's first try.

Flood looked hot after some dodgy early kicking. Loving Cole's breakdown work these day too.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_8048943,00.html

This could be good for me. He has pace to burn.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

Good player, finally AAC to move to OC!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:15 pm

Does this mean i can play horne this week? he has not been with the squad and last played 2 weeks ago??

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:18 pm

Surely hes still out training with the squad but has just been dropped for this game. I'd mark him down Matt as its precisely for the same reason I won't be considering Adam Thomson for my squad.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

OK no worries. I was not sure if he was still injured from the last game. If so he would have been back home by now

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Weather conditions for this weeks matches updated on the match thread.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:49 pm

Back!!! Will try to catch up with everything after training tonight.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Sep 2012, 7:49 am

15. Zane Kirchner, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Jean de Villiers (c), 12 Frans Steyn, 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Marcell Coetzee, 5 Juandre Kruger, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Beast Mtawarira.

Replacements : 16 Tiaan Liebenberg, 17 Pat Cilliers, 18 Flip van der Merwe, 19 Francois Louw, 20 Johan Goosen, 21 Patrick Lambie, 22 Lwazi Mvovo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:30 am

Houghard on the wing is a strange one.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

Did jdj travel ??? If not happy days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:40 pm

rewatching quins vs wasps. how many times does daly and co exploit lowes defence. wasps must be kicking themselves. launchbury excellent carrier and wade and varndell as exciting in attack as they are as bad as they are at kicking and taking high ball. new video ref laws too lengthy. how long before each team has an appeal. tim payne scoring
a try? ???? fasivalu very good pete regret loaning him. bad defending all round but great game. interesting to see lindsay benching also. thought he Would be first pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:50 pm

Move Lowe to 13 and he is a different player. Not a wing. How fit is Jamie Johnstone looking. Been on the slim fast. This is like taranaki vs Tasman from the weekend. A poor defence off

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next