The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks and good bye

3 posters

Go down

Thanks and good bye Empty Thanks and good bye

Post by azania Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:38 am

UFC 148 sees Tito Ortiz enter the octagon for the last time. His record over the past 5 years does not indicate the level of fighter that he was. At his peak he was a beast. OK, Chuck would probably have beaten him whenever they fought regardless that Tito was carrying injuries for a lot of his career. But for making MMA the sport it is today, Tito has to be up there as the best. He brought it to mainstream America and was an intelligent voice when most thought it as barbaric and human cockfighting. His trash talking was legendary and how he made Ken Shamrock explode at a press conference was hilarious.

Thanks for the memories Tito. All the best.

azania

Back to top Go down

Thanks and good bye Empty Re: Thanks and good bye

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:52 am

Got to agree. I wasn't an MMA fan during his peak so only have experience of his recent fights which isn't brilliant.

He definitely helped the UFC and MMA in a big way. Dana won't give him the credit he deserves because they hate each other but he helped a lot.

He seems to be financially secure and has good health so he couldn't ask for more.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am

The Fertitta brothers will give him the credit he deserves. They are probably more powerful than Dana. At his peak he was superb. Terrific ground n pound fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 pm

I will be gutted when he retires as he was a big part in me becoming an MMA fan.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down