The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you remember your first fight???

+12
oneorthree
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TheMackemMawler
horizontalhero
DaveVDK
The Boss
two_tone
milkyboy
seanmichaels
tommyhearnsprodigalson
alanqlm
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you remember your first fight??? - Page 2 Empty Do you remember your first fight???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Jul 2012, 12:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

I do.......Excited for days that I was going to fight like Larry Holmes and lt was going to be like a rocky film!!!

All the training...the adrenalin rush...the dreams and nightmares of what my opponent looked like how bad or good he was!!

And then on to fightnight......nearly sick with dread.....wishing I was anywhere else...forgetting everything I'd learned in the gym....At the end of the first round It felt like I'd been 15!!!!

I won!! don't know how!! But the first one like Women....You always remember!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Do you remember your first fight??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you remember your first fight???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:39 pm

I get it so Wayne Godbold was knacked by Sweetie at the bus stop!!

As opposed to Professor plum with the revolver in the library!!

Glad you cleared that up Mate!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Do you remember your first fight??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you remember your first fight???

Post by milkyboy Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:54 pm

he was indeed truss... knacked in the knackers by the sound of things!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

Yep. THE Wayne Godbold. 5'7" of solid puppy fat, they would've called him the 'widow maker' if any of his victims had been legally old enough to enter into marriage. He met his match against me - the itailian stallion they called me (except I added the 'stallion' bit of course). It was a matter of respect, honour, valour, and what I said about his nan in double science. In the words of the greatest warrior of all, Optimus Prime, "one shall stand, one shall fall". And he fell hard - and conveniently just as the no62 was pulling up.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:00 pm

Wayne Godbold sounds like a white version of Dwight Qawi....

Getting more impressed by your story by the minute

"El sweeto" that's what your Mexican fans call you...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:10 pm

oneorthree wrote:Mackem,

My first fight was 2005 (im only 25) the fight im reffering too where i got pasted may have been my 2nd-5th fight (bit of a blurr) and i think it was in the novice class ABA regionals.
I boxed out of Cheshunt / Finchley / St Albans and Chesh/Finchley had computer scoring for most fights. St albans only for ABAs

I hate the computer scoring. Never suited me as i was always more of a brawler / hattonesque fighter than a throw a shot cover up amateur type.

Iv fought about 4 times on the unlicensed shows (joey pyle and ricky english ones) and although the quality of opponent isnt always great they are a lot better than the amatuers for people wanting to box

Im out of touch mate but keep up the boxing and give that unlicensed crap the elbow, there are some right nupty's into that, don't you think? Its ok for the lads that hit 35 and can't box Amateur anymore, but other than that I can't justify it.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by oneorthree Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:15 pm

yeah truss you can make a few quid on the unlicensed shows. I used to get 50% of my ticket sales (£35 a ticket) and i usually sold around 40 tickets.

your right with your assement of the people boxing on them - in the heavys anyway. the 1st 3 blokes i fought were basically doormen types - big and slow with a huge dig but you could see the punch coming a week before they threw it. I stopped all 3 in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as having some amatuer "pedigree" all i had to do was jab and move for a few minutes until the were knackered and out of ideas.
4th fight on unlicensed i fought a bloke called Sven Hammer (he is on boxrex) he was a decent pro and fought eubank about 20 years ago. I lost on points to him although i felt i won, he landed bigger shots but i must have landed 5times as many punches. he makes a decnet living on unlicensed.
A few decent faces on the shows though - lads leaving the am ranks and want to make a few quid or ex pros. An awful lot of "Im 18stone and knocked out 5 blokes in a pub" types as well.

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Post by oneorthree Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

Mackem - just saw your comment. I dont box anymore. Im Commerical manager for a fairly respectable City form so turning up with black eyes donest go down to well!!
Although i still play rugby, but no one minds if you explain at the start of a meeting your black eye is from rugby (i suppose as its much more middle class and a lot of city guys play or used to play its acceptable)
Wouldnt get the same reaction if i said boxing.
My last fight was 2010 - i miss it so much though, over the summer i go to the boxing gym on a sunday morning to keep a bit of fitness up but im far too out of shape to consider fighting again.
Im about 245lbs now and used to fight at about 215!

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Post by oneorthree Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

I wish this had spell check!!! i seem like a moron!

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

as you're an ex unlicensed heavyweight, i for one will not be calling you a moron, regardless of whether your posts deserve it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2