The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

+6
mobilemaster8
azania
TopHat24/7
alanqlm
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18768262

Seems even Wlad is getting caught up in the hype...

Back to top Go down

BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:33 pm

You could probably get a shot..there are so few fighters out there...

Still heavyweight boxing has shown it's green credentials....

All the old challengers seem to be getting recycled!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm

As long as they agree to my terms, I'm ready willing and able.

#1/ No hitting me anywhere on the body
#2/ See #1

Anyway, even if the old challengers are getting recycled, it doesn't mean it's a good idea for Fury to step in without having the tools for the job (and let's be honest, he doesn't). If Fury steps in with Wlad, he gets beaten and beaten badly. He then goes back to fighting nobodies of Channel Five....on Marty Rogan's undercard.

Last edited by DAVE667 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Good terms but I expect you'd still lose a decision in Germany!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:40 pm

I don't even intend to be in the ring. I'll be at home watching Wlad in there by himself. Still be more entertaining that the dross they've served up recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:05 pm

oh dear just as we were all saying nobodys expecting him to fight any of the K's on the other thread. far too early for fury, you simply cant go from maddalone to wlad!! even with a decent fight in between fury still hasnt faced anybody with a punch

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

If its not gonna be till next year I'd expect maybe April time, I reckon Tyson will have had about 3 more fights in between then.

Also with Price being dropped by Sky, it really wouldnt surprise me to see one of those 3 being against him on Channel 5 now there is no excuses about rival TV companies. After 3 fights if they were Adamek, Price and hopefully somebody else with a pulse (ie. better than Rogan & Maddelone) then Id say he will be as ready as he will ever be.

Although I think no matter when he fights Wlad he will lose.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 pm

about as viable an opponent as Tony Thompson to be fair.....and Chisora had done little more to earn his shot at big Vit.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Too true.....Loses to Fury and Helenius and gets a shot!!

Then loses his next fight and he's in the greatest British title fight of the century..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 pm

compelling and rich wrote:oh dear just as we were all saying nobodys expecting him to fight any of the K's on the other thread. far too early for fury, you simply cant go from maddalone to wlad!! even with a decent fight in between fury still hasnt faced anybody with a punch

Chisora was lined up for Wlad after Sexton. It seems anyone with a pulse weighing over 15st can get a title shot.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 pm

azania wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:oh dear just as we were all saying nobodys expecting him to fight any of the K's on the other thread. far too early for fury, you simply cant go from maddalone to wlad!! even with a decent fight in between fury still hasnt faced anybody with a punch

Chisora was lined up for Wlad after Sexton. It seems anyone with a pulse weighing over 15st can get a title shot.

sad but true, there isnt anybody who wlad hasnt beaten so now he lining up the up and comers long before ther ready. in a ideal world price and fury would be given another 2/3 years and then meet him but sadly wlad will more than likely be gone by then so probably just a good pay day for fury without any chance of beating him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Hang on. Why is everyone playing down his chances?? Based on an earlier thread i was expecting "Fury will KO him" or "Fury is far too much for Wlad, just look at Saturday night for evidence!"

Fury wont last 3 rounds.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:09 pm

So fury has 2/3 fights to prepare for Wlad and based on current matchmaking his next 2 opponents will e worse than maddalone

Fury was hurt by a fat chisora and a light hitting small pajkic. Wlad has 50 knockouts so when he lands (whihc he will) fury will crumble

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:15 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Hang on. Why is everyone playing down his chances?? Based on an earlier thread i was expecting "Fury will KO him" or "Fury is far too much for Wlad, just look at Saturday night for evidence!"

Fury wont last 3 rounds.

Against Wlad it may go the distance. If there ever was a boxer who lacked killer instinct, its him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Which earler thread is this ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:46 pm

The one that got locked......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Which earler thread is this ???

When will you learn TRUSS, all roads lead to Mayweather, all threads lead to Fury!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Which earler thread is this ???

When will you learn TRUSS, all roads lead to Mayweather, all threads lead to Fury!!!!

Laugh Laugh Laugh

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Four sunglasses beat three laughing smileys everytime!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote: Cool Cool Cool Cool

Four sunglasses beat three laughing smileys everytime!!!!

Fury beats Heavyweight Legends.......everytime. Laugh

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I had to laugh at tyson saying haye was a loser ! Based on what loseing to wlad on points ! Haye has fought at world level for years tyson hasent even hit European level and has ducked his domestic rivel in price ! The guy is a joke who has fought no one and would love haye to challange him after del , I think he would run a Mile !!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:47 pm

rycoys wrote:I had to laugh at tyson saying haye was a loser ! Based on what loseing to wlad on points ! Haye has fought at world level for years tyson hasent even hit European level and has ducked his domestic rivel in price ! The guy is a joke who has fought no one and would love haye to challange him after del , I think he would run a Mile !!

I see nothing wrong with Tyson hyping himself up. Fed up with humble and boring boxers (Price) who will drive boxing into being a fringe sport. He ducked Price? When? Was that when Price was offered £100K to fight Fury on C5 and he rejected it? Or when Price became a mandatory and TV scuppered any chance of them fighting? Neither is ducking the other. TV kills many fights unfortunately.

Why would Haye want to fight him. High risk and very low reward and is a step back for Haye if he fought Fury.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 pm

They offered Price 100k yet vacated the belts, doesn't quite add up to me. Fury ducked Price pure and simple because he knows he loses and misses out on a payday with Wlad after beating trash like Maddalone and Rogan.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:They offered Price 100k yet vacated the belts, doesn't quite add up to me. Fury ducked Price pure and simple because he knows he loses and misses out on a payday with Wlad after beating trash like Maddalone and Rogan.

Maloney was offered £100k to match Price with Fury. He rejected it and waited for Price to become a mandatory and for the fight to go to purse bids. C5 was not going to let Fury fight on Sky and Sky were not going to let Price fight on C5.

No-one ducked anyone. TV scuppered the fight. Fury made the comment about looking for bigger things and was made to sound more foolish than he already is by fighting Rogan. I'm fed up when people say one person is ducking another when in fact its more likely politics not allowing the fights to take place.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Strange how Furys camp mention the 100k offered AFTER he vacated the belts, you can try and blame it on politics all you want but it was one of the most blatant ducks around.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:17 pm

As a minor quibble, Az, I must mention that after the apparent £100,000 offer was rejected, it was agreed that the fight would indeed go to purse bids, and it was at this moment that Fury made the decision to vacate.

I agree with you that there are definitely some extenuating circumstances which blocked the fight, but I also think that there is ample evidence to suggest that Fury looked to avoid it in some way, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Strange how Furys camp mention the 100k offered AFTER he vacated the belts, you can try and blame it on politics all you want but it was one of the most blatant ducks around.

From my recollection it was before he vacated.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:43 pm

88Chris05 wrote:As a minor quibble, Az, I must mention that after the apparent £100,000 offer was rejected, it was agreed that the fight would indeed go to purse bids, and it was at this moment that Fury made the decision to vacate.

I agree with you that there are definitely some extenuating circumstances which blocked the fight, but I also think that there is ample evidence to suggest that Fury looked to avoid it in some way, too.

It begs the question why the £100k offer was rejected and no argument levelled at Maloney for rejecting what would have been a ridiculously high purse for a 10 fight novice.

One offer was rejected and another was rejected before it was on the table. Then one guy gets called a ducker. Seems a tad unfair. I realise that Fury is not everyone's cup of tea, but sometimes criticisms of boxers who are unpopular for their mouths, get unfair criticism.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Think the criticism will be levelled at the one who vacated and rightfully so.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:50 pm

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:They offered Price 100k yet vacated the belts, doesn't quite add up to me. Fury ducked Price pure and simple because he knows he loses and misses out on a payday with Wlad after beating trash like Maddalone and Rogan.

Maloney was offered £100k to match Price with Fury. He rejected it and waited for Price to become a mandatory and for the fight to go to purse bids. C5 was not going to let Fury fight on Sky and Sky were not going to let Price fight on C5.

Price was already his mandatory, it would have gone to purse bids if Fury hadn't binned the belts which would have rendered the TV issue irrelevant. He then went on the 'bigger and better things' by fighting two useless bums.

About as clear a duck as you can get.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 pm

azania wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:As a minor quibble, Az, I must mention that after the apparent £100,000 offer was rejected, it was agreed that the fight would indeed go to purse bids, and it was at this moment that Fury made the decision to vacate.

It begs the question why the £100k offer was rejected and no argument levelled at Maloney for rejecting what would have been a ridiculously high purse for a 10 fight novice.

Chisora was on more as a 13 fight novice on a losing streak against Wlad and he's about to pick up £1m+ as a 14 fight novice with an even longer losing streak against Haye.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Think the criticism will be leveled at the one who vacated and rightfully so.

And the TV companies, managers get away with a free pass. Managers/Promoters do the deals. Boxers fight. It is that simple. Without TV backing there will not be a fight. But hey, Price called out Fury and Fury said no. Price was offerred £100k and he said no. No managers or TV involvement whatsoever.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Price was already his mandatory, it would have gone to purse bids if Fury hadn't binned the belts which would have rendered the TV issue irrelevant. He then went on the 'bigger and better things' by fighting two useless bums.

And the £100k is just a smokescreen to be ignored.

Great.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:58 pm

You're not too clued up on how purse bids work are you Az, Fury if his team are to be believed had no reason to vacate his titles other than avoidance.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:02 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Great.

If it was relevant then why didn't they stick the £100k offer straight back in again at purse bids? Win they get what they want, lose they get better than £100k - seems like a win win to me.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Chisora was on more as a 13 fight novice on a losing streak against Wlad and he's about to pick up £1m+ as a 14 fight novice with an even longer losing streak against Haye.

Chisora brings far more to the table than Price or Fury. He brings notoriety and controversy. Both sell in abundance. Price will remain a household name at his own home. Fury will be well known in the UK at least.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:08 pm

The fact you talk about Price so much would suggest he's more popular and well known than you blindly suggest.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Great.

If it was relevant then why didn't they stick the £100k offer straight back in again at purse bids? Win they get what they want, lose they get better than £100k - seems like a win win to me.

Now your ifs and buts are coming. Why didn't Maloney accept it when offered? If Fury was this bum that many seem to think, it would have been an easy payday. Surely an astute businessman like Little Frank wont look a gift horse in the mouth. Unless that is, there were other forces at play?

Err no. Fury ducked. Easy peasy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:The fact you talk about Price so much would suggest he's more popular and well known than you blindly suggest.

No Ghosty. I'm a boxing fan. As a man on the street who he is and after some blank looks they will start talking about austerity measures this idiotic govt is imposing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Simple answer Maloney was holding out for the purse bids which never came about because Fury vacated the titles. If Furys team were serious about making the fight happen they offer the 100k when it goes to the purses but they chose not to do that so they could move onto bigger things, the mighty Rogan and Maddalone.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Simple answer Maloney was holding out for the purse bids which never came about because Fury vacated the titles. If Furys team were serious about making the fight happen they offer the 100k when it goes to the purses but they chose not to do that so they could move onto bigger things, the mighty Rogan and Maddalone.

Purse bids would hardly have matched the offer. Why wait for purse bids anyway?

Do you think C5 would have allowed Fury to fight on Sky if Maloney had won the bid? And do you think Sky would have allowed Price to fight on C5?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 pm

It really doesn't matter once the bids have been resolved, if Hennesey wins them then sky are powerless from stopping Price fighting and vice versa, if it was the other way round you'd be hounding Price for the most blatant of ducks.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It really doesn't matter once the bids have been resolved, if Hennesey wins them then sky are powerless from stopping Price fighting and vice versa, if it was the other way round you'd be hounding Price for the most blatant of ducks.

Come on you really can't be that naive. TV control boxing more than promoters half the time. Similar things happened when HBO and Showtime started out showing boxing. Look at top rank and GBP also.

I most certainly would not have hounded Price. If you look at my posting history, I hardly ever accuse one boxer of ducking another. My gripe has always been leveled at promoters and boxing politics. Never the boxer. So much so that I have been accused of calling boxers slaves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Great.

Now your ifs and buts are coming. Why didn't Maloney accept it when offered? If Fury was this bum that many seem to think, it would have been an easy payday. Surely an astute businessman like Little Frank wont look a gift horse in the mouth. Unless that is, there were other forces at play?

My ifs and buts? Wow, pot kettle black twice in one day. Nothing you've said refutes or answers my point (later repeated by Ghosty, again without logical ripost). Fury ditched his belts rather than go to purse bids. I hate the use of the word 'fact' in debates, but that is what that is. You can try and excuse it all you like but there is no logical answer, business or otherwise, to what happened other than Fury ducking Price.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Great.

My ifs and buts? Wow, pot kettle black twice in one day. Nothing you've said refutes or answers my point (later repeated by Ghosty, again without logical ripost). Fury ditched his belts rather than go to purse bids. I hate the use of the word 'fact' in debates, but that is what that is. You can try and excuse it all you like but there is no logical answer, business or otherwise, to what happened other than Fury ducking Price.

OK.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down