The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Book of Eli

3 posters

Go down

The Book of Eli Empty The Book of Eli

Post by Guest Mon 07 Feb 2011, 9:33 pm

OK, my mate at work said this was an awesome film and from the adverts when it was at the pictures it looked like a Iraq type war film. ( i like war films, action etc)
So it came on sky a few weeks ago and i was knacked after work, but wanted to watch it seeing as my mate hyped it up so much. "oh its got a great twist at the end" he tells me.

So ok, 10pm, im half asleep and put it on.

It started off a bit slow, following some bloke eating a cat thats hes just shot with a bow & arrow in an old building.
Im guessing by this stage the war is onging and it about to kick off anytime soon.
erm, no.

The war had already happened! no gun fights, no explosions, no dodgy Iraq'i type blokes getting blown to smithereens.
It was just about this bloke, walking about on a mission. (p.s. hes been walking on this mission for years)

There were a few kick offs with the locals in a town he found, he teamed up with some tart, who followed him on this walking about mission.

Then the story revealed itself, i wont spoil it for those who havnt seen it, ok, i will.
He has the only copy of the bible in the world after the war and some baddy from the local town wants it so that the people will 'follow / worship him or whateva'

oh come on, wheres all the bloodshed? I wanted to see the war, not the 'after the war bit'

Anyways, the baddy tries to catch him, he gets shot and the tart gets taken away with the baddies who now have the bible.
She escapes, goes back to the shot in the chest dude, and they continue their 'walking mission going west.'
(he seems to be ok after being shot)

They eventually get to wherever they needed to get to.
And here comes the mega twist my mate told me about.

wait for it...............

The only copy of the bible in existance (the one that was stolen by the baddies) is in braille language.

The baddy doesnt know braille language so it was useless.

But the guy on the walking mission was blind, he memorised the bible and translated it to a bloke in the place he was walking to that took him 40 years to get to.

What a load of tosh.
2 hours of my life that i will never get back.

Back to top Go down

The Book of Eli Empty Re: The Book of Eli

Post by Sway Tue 08 Feb 2011, 4:30 pm

Y I Man - look at it this way, you may have wasted 2 hours of your life but look on the bright side - not only have you just saved me from doing the same, but you also saved me from wasting £3 odd as I was going to download this a couple of days ago from the movies on demand thingy on Virgin, I changed my mind at the last second and watched Kick Ass instead
:joeybarton:

The schmuck of Eli was still a film I intended to watch though so good work fella thumbsup

Sway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Feb 2011, 4:52 pm

glad to be of service m8 thumbsup :606laugh:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Feb 2011, 8:42 pm

Agree with your summary YI. That film is tosh.

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:05 pm

Agreed, I hated this film, almost as much as I hated Twilight. It's just such a load of rudey poo. Honestly, I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 28 Apr 2011, 3:19 pm

It was just the movie business trying to cash in on the Fallout (gaming) experiance. Other films like The Road tried it. Personally I liked them both, probs because i Flip love Fallout

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down