The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Tournament Round Two

+7
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
Driver
Ozzy3213
Steven_Sharks
'Arry Spurs
LukeLovesLuka
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 Empty Summer Tournament Round Two

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Teams to be named by midnight on Thursday 12th July 2012.

Predictions by 21:00 hours on Sunday 15th July 2012.

Pool One

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 2Gloucester v London IrishSummer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 5

Gloucester

Manager – Mat

01.Steenkamp09.Connor Murray
02.Gray10.Johan Goosen
03. Nicola Mas
04.Tom Palmer 11.JSD
05.Richie Gray12.Matt SCott
06.Steven Ferris13. JDJ
07.qera14.Charlie Sharples
08.Heaslip15.Johnny May

16.Nick Wood 17 Adriaan Strauss 18.Rupert Harden 19. George Robson 20.TJ Perenara 21. Harinordoqouy 22.Ryan Lamb 23. Iain Balshaw

Tactics

Big Ball Carriers gainline rugby
Lineout targetting
Get the ball wide serious gas out wide
game changing bench
Blitz defence
Back3 to take quick throw ins and counter attack any loose kick

London Irish
Manager – stnick88

01. Jean Baptiste Poux 09. Julien Dupuy
02. Tom Lindsay 10. Nick Evans
03. Martin Castrogiovanni
04. Matt Garvey 11. Sailosi Tagicakibau
05. Johann Muller 12. Luke McAllister
06. Jerome Kaino 13. Sireli Naqalevuki
07. Steffon Armitage 14. Marland Yarde
08. Netani Talei 15. Delon Armitage

16. Matt Stevens 17. James Buckland 18. WP Nel 19. Nick Kennedy 20. Hendrie Fourie 21. Neal De Kock 22. Shane Geraghty 23. Max Evans

London Irish have made 4 changes from last weeks win over Harlequins. Johann Muller, Jerome Kaino, Sireli Naqalevuki and Marland Yarde come in to the side for Nick Kennedy, Dean Mumm, Mathieu Bastereaud and Bjorn Basson. Matt Garvey switches to his favoured position of lock with Kaino coming in at blindside flanker. Max Evans is back to full fitness and takes a spot on the bench.

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 4Leicester Tigers v HarlequinsSummer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 7

Leicester TigersSummer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 4
Manager – LukeLovesLuka

01. Andrew Sheridan09. Michael Claasens
02. Stephen Moore10. Kurtley Beale
03. Dan Cole
04. Nathan Hines11. Rene Ranger
05. James Horwilll (c) 12. Billy Twelvetrees (k)
06. Sean O'Brien13. Casey Laulala
07. Francois Louw14. Isa Nacewa
08. Thomas Waldrom15. Rob Miller
16. Gethin Jenkins 17. Tom Youngs 18. Brian Mujati 19. Simon Shaw 20. James Scaysbrook 21. Micky Young 22. Brock James 23. Ugo Monye

Tactics

- We will play an attacking game built around getting our backline into space by using our huge carriers and the strength of our set piece.

- Massive line-breakers right throughout the side that will look to tire down the Quins defence. The likes of Waldrom, O'Brien, Louw, Sheridan, Horwill and Laulala used off the shoulder crashing through the defence.

- Powerful scrum that will look to hold ground and set up a clean platform for Claasens. Big shove on Quins' scrums.

- Horwill and Hines as our main jumpers rotating the target. We will relentlessly target the opposition's throws.

- Beale given license to play what he sees. Twelvetrees can take pressure off if needs be as another first reciever option. Claasens playing to give our backs consistent good ball to work with.

- Look to play attacking rugby with our electric back line, getting the likes of Laulala, Ranger, Nacewa and Miller on the ball as much as we can.

- Twelvetrees to kick all penalties.

Harlequins
Manager – Steven_Sharks

01. Tony Woodcock 09. Lee Dickson
02. Matthew Rees10. Quade Cooper
03. John Afoa
04. Bakkies Botha11. Tom Biggs
05. Jerome Thion12. Felipe Contepomi
06. Tom Wood 13. Jonathan Joseph
07. Sam Warburton (c) 14. Taku Ngwenya
08. Dave Denton15. Rob Kearney

16. Rob Hawkins 17. Wyatt Crockett 18. Kieran Brookes 19. James Gaskell 20. Jamie Gibson 21. Jano Vermaak 22. Freddie Burns 23. Anthony Faainga

Tactics

Use our physical pass to contorl the collisons, breakdown and set piece. Get Warburton on top at the breakdown.

Look to tie in defenders around the ruck before releasing electric backs.

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 11Saracens v Newcastle FalconsSummer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 8

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 11 Saracens
Manager – Ozzy3213

01. Alex Corbisiero09. Dewaldt Duvenage
02. Bismarck du Plessis10. Ian Humphreys
03. Adam Jones
04. George Skivington11. Bryan Habana
05. Graham Kitchener12. Ma'a Nonu
06. Tom Johnson13. Nevin Spence
07. Ross Rennie14. Digby Ioane
08. Joe van Niekerk (c)15. Tom Homer (k)

16. Christopher Tolofua 17. Steven Kitshoff 18. Frans Malherbe 19. Steve Borthwick 20. Luke Wallace 21. Paul Hodgson 22. Owen Farrell 23. Mark Cueto

Tactics

• Ball carriers looking to hit gaps rather than take contact.
  • Attack the breakdown with numbers if turnover looks on.
  • Fast paced offloading game.
  • 8 man shove on opposition scrums to give no ground, look to really attack on our ball with Jones locking the scrum down and Corbisiero targetting the opposition tighthead.
  • Homer to take all points on offer.

Can I ask please for feedback on the following areas (as well as anything that you would like to pick up on yourselves)

- Back row balance
- Half back pairing as this is what I am likely to use during the AI's
- 12/13 combo
- Bench options (could any be starters in the AP for me?

Newcastle Falcons
Manager – Sgt Pooly

01. Soane Tonga'uiha09. Ben Youngs
02. Rory Best10. Aaron Cruden
03. Owen Franks
04. Brad Thorn11. Miles Benjamin
05. Geoff Parling12. Sonny Bill Williams
06. Chris Robshaw13. James O’Connor
07. John Barclay14. Tommy Bowe
08. Kieran Read15. Alex Goode

17. Agustin Creevy 17. Paul Doran-Jones 18. Fabien Barcella 19. Paul O’Connell 20. Heinrich Brussow 21. Jimmy Cowan 22. Toby Flood 23. Adam Ashley-Cooper

Tactics

- High tempo, offloading game - Looking to keep ball alive
- Steady scrum & look to attack opposition lineout, Thorn to lock TH side and attack opposition LH when on
- 4 top draw lineout options and POC to take apart oppostion throw
- Cruden to play flat and bring SBW into the line and attack the opposition 10 channel
- JOC to play off SBW's shoulder with hard, straight lines
- Look to rotate JOC/SWB at 2nd reciever and use SBW as decoy occasionally through Nonu, creating space for JOC to attack Spence
- Brussow/Robshaw/McCaw to target breakdown and Youngs to look to attack off turnover ball
- Impact bench to see out game

Pool Two

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 57Worcester Warriors v London WelshSummer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 50

01. Nathan Catt 09. Dwayne Peel
02. Richardt Strauss 10. Morne Steyn (k)
03. BJ Botha
04. Ollie Kohn11. James Short
05. Tom Savage12. Pat McCabe
06. Scott Higginbotham 13. Matt Hopper
07. Craig Newby (c) 14. Marcel Garvey
08. Mamuka Gorgodze15. Sean Maitland

16. Gary Botha 17. Beast 18. Budgie 19. Leo Cullen 20. Chris Walker 21. Kerr-Barlow 22. Sam Vesty 23. Mapusua

Tactics
*6N squad
*Big front row looking to get on the front foot with experience ready to come on and continue dominance,
*Lineout dominance with Kohn and Savage leading the way,
*Power and brute strength at the breakdown and Gorgodze and Newby to continue to make inroads off the backs,
*Use Walker on 60mins for experience,
*Quick ball to McCabe to release all support runners and when on Maps to use his crash ball offloading,
*Maitland to hit the line and him and Steyn to use bombs to put opposition under pressure,
*McCabe to lead the defensive line which will be up and 'in your face,'
*Try a new style of running rugby using brute force up front,
*Steyn to take points if on and available.

Can I have feedback on the 6n squad as a whole, balance in back-row and centres, using Maitland as a full-back, impact of bench.
Cheers.

London Welsh

Manager – Driver

01.Efion Lewis-Roberts09.Lloyd Williams
02.Chris Whitehead10.Butch James
03.Ben Tameifuna
04.Dean Schofield 11.Tim Visser
05.Ali Williams12.James Downey
06.Phil Dowsen13.Darren Cave
07.Shane Jennings14.Matt Smith
08.Luke Narraway15.Ben Smith

16.Ben Kayser 17.Brett Sturgess 18.Ben Alexander 19.James Hudson 20.Will Welch 21.Rob Coote 22.Paddy Jackson 23.Chris Bell

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 6London Wasps v Northampton SaintsSummer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 9

London Wasps
Manager – ‘Arry

01. Benn Robinson 09. Nick Phipps
02. Sean Cronin 10. Dan Bowden (k)
03. Carlos Nieto
04. Mouritz Botha 11. Simon Zebo
05. Marco Wentzel (c) 12. Jamie Roberts
06. Dave Dennis 13. George Pisi
07. Jonathan Poff 14. Topsy Ojo
08. Nick Easter 15. Mike Brown

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau 17. James Slipper 18. CJ Van Der Linde 19. Samu Manoa 20. Rocky Elsom 21. Luke Burgess 22. Steven Myler 23. Matt Banahan

01. Thomas Domingo 09. Joe Simpson
02. Motu Matu'u 10. Juan Martin Hernandez (k)
03. Sekepe Kepu
04. Patricio Albacete 11. Julian Savea
05. Alun Wyn Jones 12. Weslie Fofana
06. Joe Launchbury 13. Jean de Villiers (c)
07. Sam Cane 14. Siti Siviatu
08. Liam Messam 15. Ben Foden

16. Rob Webber 17. Sona Taumalolo 18. Logovi'i Mulipola 19. Courtney Lawes 20. James Craig 21. Mike Phillips 22. Matt Giteau 23. Manu Tuilagi

Tactics
* Play at a high intensity, go through the phases and use power throughout the team to get over the gainline and attack off front foot ball.
* Really aggressive defence, force Wasps into mistakes and place them under pressure. Got some big hitters throughout the team, espc Matu Tatu'u
* Two big wings to bring into the game, run off midfield
* Hernandez to boss tactical kicking game and get us good field position.
* Solid scrum and lineout boosted by starting Wyn Jones and Launchbury.
* Look to score tries and attack Wasps.
* Got a bench full of impact players, make a big difference in final stages.

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 12Sale Sharks v Bath RugbySummer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 1

Sale Sharks
Manager – SJE

01. Marcos Ayerza 09. Danny Care
02. David Paice 10. Johhny Sexton
03. Davit Zirakishvilli
04. Dave Attwood 11. Nick Abendanon
05. Andries Bekker 12. Francois Steyn
06. Peter O'Mahony 13. Robbie Freuen
07. Matt Todd 14. David Strettle
08. Louis Picamoles 15. Jean-Marcellin Buttin

16. Jerome Schuster 17. Guilleme Guirado 18. Luc Ducalcon 19. Brodie Retalick 20. Victor Vito 21. Ben Spencer 22. James Hook 23. Keith Earls

Bath Rugby
Manager – inthefastlane
01. Charlie Faumuania 09. Richard Wigglesworth
02. Kevin Mealamu10. Charlie Hodgson
03. Davit Kubrashvilli
04. Luke Romano11. Aurelien Rougerie
05. Rob Simmons12. Anthony Allen
06. Brad Shields13Isiah Toeava
07. David Seymour14. George North
08. James Haskell15. Stuart Hogg
16. Cian Healy 17. Chris Brooker 18. Euan Murray 19. Sam Whitelock 20. David Pocock 21. Aaron Smith 22. Gareth Anscombe 23. Cory Jane

Last edited by LukeLovesLuka on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Summer Tournament Round Two - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Tournament Round Two

Post by prop_lyd Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 am

Glos 22-26 Irish

Front row and 2nd row to go to Glos here giving them the edge at the scrum. I can see Irish getting the advantage in the back row and at the breakdown but both have strong ball carriers. Very strong and experienced backline for Quins sees them making breakthrough's however, Glos have enough flair and with JSD the experience to keep this game close. Glos edge the bench but think Evans and Dupuy will have pulled Irish too far ahead to completely catch up.

Tigers 30-26 Quins

Quins will just edge the scrum here I feel with Woodcock and Afoa (much prefer Geth over Sheridan). Lineout to Quins too however; very even at the breakdown and with two strong carrying 8's. Feel Warburton will just edge this battle. 9-10 to Tigers, quick ball will release a back line that will threaten anyone this season. Really hoping 13T will kick on this season. Quins will run them close but Tigers will edge it in the backs to win. A very high scoring game!!

Sarries 20-21 Falcons
Pete's feedback: don't know much about your 9, 12-13 is very good, back row balance would work and think most of your bench could start for you however, you do have a good impact balance there.

Very very even pack battle here and can't really give an edge to anyone. Reckon Falcons will win the breakdown but JVN is a very strong ball carrier to nullify this. Edge to Falcons at hb, back 3 goes to Sarries and see the centre partnerships as pretty equal with power vs pace. Falcons have more on the bench to just, just nick it at the death. Very hard to call.

Wasps 20-24 Saints

Front 5 go to Wasps but I can see Saints gaining the advantage at the breakdown. Lineouts will be even with two strong sets of jumpers. JMH needs more form to be rated but can see the Saints backline getting more advantage over their counterparts will be a big centre clash but the outside backs will seal this for Saints. Better impact from bench in backs too for Saints.

Sale 24-22 Bath

Think Sale get the edge on in the scrum and back row battle definately gains advantage here. Bath have much better outside backs but Sale's hb's will see them over the gain line and get the needed points. Echoing the Rougerie at 13 comment. Just feel the backrow will edge the game overall, Bath's impact bench keeps them close.

Last edited by prop_lyd on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:46 am

Gloucester 27 London Irish 29
Very evenly matched teams. No give in the scrum, but would gie Glaws the lineout with more jumping options and a more consistent thrower. Off the back of that playform I can see the pace and flair of the Glaws backs causing problems with ball in hand. Would be some defensive issues for Glaws with that backline though, with only Murray and JDJ being solid defensively. Against an experienced and powerful Irish backline could be an issue and given any ball whatsoever I can see them running in a few tries. This for me would be a high scorer, but I think Irish have better defence and that would see them take the win.

Leicester Tigers 28 Harlequins 26
Two excellent packs. I like the balance of both, although not relevant to this game I could see both lineouts being got at a bit by a top class lineout leader. Both teams will get decent ball from their packs and have the backs to use it well. I think the difference, much like int he Glaws v Irish game will come down to the defensive ability of the backs in terms of keeping the other team out. That's where I see Tigers winning as their backs are more secure for me, with Biggs and Ngwenya potential defensive weakness. Close game though.

Worcester Warriors 22 London Welsh 22
Front 5 goes to Welsh, good unit there that would scrummage well, be competent in the lineout and good in the loose. Back row for me is massively to Worcester though with a more powerful unit who could dominate their opponents. Welsh have the power in the backs but may be missing a bit if guile. Lots of pace out wide from Worcester. Hard to seperate these two teams.

London Wasps 21 Northampton Saints 20
This is a match up where looking at the teams the weather and tactics would be a massive factor for me. In the wet I would fancy the Wasps pack to get on top in a slugfest, but in good running rugby conditions I would have Saints pack, as there is a lot of dynamism and pace about it. Not a massive fan of JDV at 13, he is mch better at 12, likewise Bowden at times lacks control at 10 and would fit better in the 12 shirt. Tough call this one, but slightly better defence from Wasps backs sneaks them the win.

Sale Sharks 26 Bath Rugby 23
Two more really good packs. Issue for the Bath pack is who leads the lineout. As far as I am aware neither Romano nor Simmons fulfil this role for their clubs, and I can see Bekker having a field day. Both teams have good gainline breakers in the backs, but I would have played Rougerie in midfield and Toeava on the wing as I think that provides a better balance. For Sale I think Abendanon can be got at on the wing, but I have less issues with the Sale team than with the Bath one so it's a Sale win.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:54 am

Glos 20-24 Irish

Good front 5 battle. See Irish edging the scrum though with the Glaws locks a bit light on this front. Backrow to Glaws. Hard to rate Kaino with him going to Japan and not playing since the WC. In the backs see the back 3s fairly even (wouldnt like May there in the wet for Glaws though) but Irish have a little more form from 9/10/12. More from the bench for Glaws. Irish pip the win with better game control

Tigers 24-23 Quins

Slight edge to Tigers in the set piece battle but nothing in it at the breakdown. Halfbacks even for me with Beale playing well there in the Super 15 and Cooper not flying yet since before the world cup. In the back 3 Tigers stronger on the wings but Kearney the stand out while the midfield is even. Tigers with a stronger attacking base from the set piece sneak this one.

Sarries 22-29 Falcons

Edge to Falcons in the front 5 with the 2nd row a step up in quality. Backrow edges to Falcons too with Read the real difference between the sides. In the backs Falcons edge the halfbacks and midfield for form and quality but Sarries with a great set of wingers edge the back 3. Just that bit more for Falcons in the key areas.

Worcester 19-15 Welsh

Slight edge to Welsh at the scrum can see Catt getting targeted a little but Worcester edge the backrow with some real quality on show in Higgs and Gorgodze. Midfield and halfbacks edge to Worcester but back 3 go to Welsh not sure on Maitland at FB. More go forward from this Worcester side should see them through

Wasps 22-27 Saints

Edge the scrum to Wasps with Nieto getting at Domingo (will fix with Domingo playing more in real life). Lineout is a real issue for Saints at the moment and Wentzal can get some serious joy here. Backrow fairly even maybe perharps edging to Saints. Halfbacks on current form are even while the midfield edges to Saints. Good back 3 from Saints but not sure how much ball they will see with the midfield on show. Saints struggle at the set piece but Wasps havent the kickers to really take advantage of the Saints lineout and Northampton have the runners to do damage on scrappy ball.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 pm

RESULTS

Gloucester 24 London Irish 28
Leicester Tigers 29 Harlequins 27
Saracens 23 Newcastle Falcons 29

Worcester Warriors 23 London Welsh 19
London Wasps 22 Northampton Saints 25
Sale Sharks 28 Bath Rugby 22
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Moved flat this weekend and dont have internet set up yet. Apologies for no predos, know how useful they can be.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:43 pm

No drama mate, people getting plenty of feedback on things. Move go ok?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 pm

My arms are still killing me now. Three piece suite was slightly tricky up the stairs. But were all but unpacked now.

Over a week to transfer the tv/broadband is Wee weeing me off.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2