The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rant About RAW

+6
GSC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
bretmeharty
psycho-gooner
The Awesome Giz
10 posters

Go down

A Rant About RAW Empty A Rant About RAW

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 11 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

Last night I settled down a watched Raw, I also had very little sleep last night, so I'm already in a bad mood today. So I think I'll let out some raw emotion about mondays Raw (no pun intended).

The Anonymous GM situation was finally wrapped up, now remember this is WWE here, the company that thought we had all forgotten that Edge and Christian were once brothers, that Triple H and Undertaker had faced each other at Wrestlemania 17, that Cena and Kane were fueding only a few months ago and that Dolph Zigglers world title reign was only 30 minutes. So who did creative think was the best choice for the big reveal? Hornwoggle, yeah that guy, you know the midget who single handedly managed to ruin Finlay who when he returned to wrestling actually looked like he maybe get a decent run in the company. The same guy who had a battle royal wasted on him in a "All I Want For Christmas" Match just os he could talk. The same guy who managed to destroy basically the last Guerrero who can actually wrestle (I hope Raquel Diaz can eventually change this when she gets the chance I doubt it though). The same guy who was antagonized by the laptop. The only redeeming highlights he has had in his career are these: being pedigreed by Triple H, being thrown around a cage by JBL and being caught in the back seat of a car doing lewd sexual activitys. Now quite frankly I actually prefered not knowing now, although the storyline had been finished for a year ask any fan of WWE and we all still did want to find out who it was, but it didn't need to done like this. On the Raw spoilers thread someone said (I can't remember who) that they were wrapping up everything before Raw 1000, thats all very well but this didn't need to be done. What real annoys me is it makes no sense what so ever, now I'm not saying kids are idiots, but only kids and idiots find Hornswoggle likeable and entertaining, actually I'll change that kids are idiots for finding Hornswoggle likeable and entertaining, someone please justify what redeeming qualitys this guy brings to the ring, humour me with your suggestions with that one, why didn't they just leave this dead and buried, no one cares about Cole or Lawler anymore as a matter of fact no one cares about them full stop, Cole was only just starting to get back to a more neutral character why back it all back for nothing.

Right now on to the WWE title match, yeah you know the WWE title match, oh yes sorry it's actually who wants to get that 12 year old looking girl as their girlfriend match. This is one thing that wouldn't be happening if Cena was holding the belt, now I'm no Cena fan but something he can do is make the WWE title important, he speaks with real passion and pride when he holds that belt and makes it the ultimate priza in the business. I'm not saying Punk doesn't it's not his fault, it's not Bryans either again it's creatives. But this AJ storyline has gotten so ridiculous, when Big Show knocked her over it helped Bryan turn heel and that was fine, looking back on it those 18 seconds helped Bryans career alot in terms of popularity it was Sheamus who suffered more, fortunatly they managed to rectify that at Extreme Rules. Now Punk and Bryan have had a great match already, actually it's the only thing that will make me watch MITB at the moment, but why is AJ still involved this is wrestling not Eastenders, whoever voted for AJ to be special guest referee on wwe.com your either a kid or an idiot, who thought this would be a good idiot. Hopefully this will all make sense and will end up with Punk GTSing her then Bryan slapping on the YES! Lock. Still the title needs to be the main focus here (oh yeah that thing) the problem I really have is lets say someone cashes in on Punk Bryan after their match or next monday particularly if it's a first time champion, is that it's hardly the best possible start to their main event rise. That said it could be Cena cashing in and therefore it won't. As a matter of fact I keep thinking maybe Kane should have won the belt in the triple threat, lets face it Bryan and Punk don't need a belt to draw for a PPV match their own talents can do that on their own. At least Kane could have gone on to fued with someone and make it the important part of the match, has Bryan even mentioned these past few weeks that he cares about the belt at all?

Overall Raw was very dissapointing monday, I hope MITB will change this seeing as the past few weeks have been so poor for the companys flag ship show, comparing this to last weeks Impact which was strong and has convinced me partly to watch tonight's Destination X, other factors have contributed to this descision aswell though obviously. Where as I maybe only watch MITB because of the Punk Bryan and possibly Smackdowns MITB match.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

A Rant About RAW Empty Re: A Rant About RAW

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

Hornswoggle has a condition that makes him smaller than the average man. According to WWE that makes him entertaining.

It's ridiculous given that the Laptop was a heel GM, and how is hornswoggle meant to know whats going on in the ring if he's under the ring itself!

that being said i'm enjoying the Punk/Bryan feud but you're spot on about how it doesn't put over the WWE title at all.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

Im with you here bro, Some good points made there, strange enough I was gonna put something up which was close to your rant. I am at the point of nearly giving up on wwe and nearly all wrestling to be honest, because for wwe to treat their viewers and fans with such contempt as they did over the GM thing is very sad and shows they just take everyone for granted, just because they are the only power house in pro wrestling they think they can do whatever they want.

Nothing about wwe is good, and I mean everything. Who cares for yet another Cena quest fro the title, and suddenley the title is prime focus because Cena wants it now and its only a matter of time until he gets it back for a few months.
Unlike you I dont care about the wwe title match Ive got to the point where Im past caring because of this stupid AJ involvement. If you look closely past Punk's eyes you can see he is thinking "what the hell am I doing, just put me a Bryan in a match thats all we need", but I guess his paycheck is making up for that, which leads me to say Punk has become the exact thing he was ranting about in that famous promo about a year ago, a sell out, and so therefore I dont buy into him anymore.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 11 Jul 2012, 3:35 pm

I don't understand why you are bothered about the Anonymous GM, if you're that bothered, you can just believe that it was only on that night that the Anonymous GM was Hornswoggle and that in his original run it is still unknown.

It's not like they had been building up the story for months and then the pay off was Hornswoggle, they took a dead story and tried to get a cheap laugh out of it. It's not that big of a deal.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 11 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't understand why you are bothered about the Anonymous GM, if you're that bothered, you can just believe that it was only on that night that the Anonymous GM was Hornswoggle and that in his original run it is still unknown.

It's not like they had been building up the story for months and then the pay off was Hornswoggle, they took a dead story and tried to get a cheap laugh out of it. It's not that big of a deal.

For you and however many others, who accept it, proves wwe can do what they want.

The fact Jerry lawler said along the lines of, so its you who has been doing this to everyone this whole time makes it hard to "pretend" it was just for the one night.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 11 Jul 2012, 3:44 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't understand why you are bothered about the Anonymous GM, if you're that bothered, you can just believe that it was only on that night that the Anonymous GM was Hornswoggle and that in his original run it is still unknown.

To be honest, that's exactly how I read it.
I assumed it wasn't the actual reveal.

As I've always said, I think the joke is on people expecting an "anonymous" GM to be revealed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 11 Jul 2012, 3:49 pm

bretmeharty wrote:

For you and however many others, who accept it, proves wwe can do what they want.

The fact Jerry lawler said along the lines of, so its you who has been doing this to everyone this whole time makes it hard to "pretend" it was just for the one night.

And how, in kayfabe terms, would Jerry Lawler know that it was Hornswoggle the whole time?

It's not a big deal. The storyline was dropped, and they were just trying to get cheap laughs by doing a funny reveal.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 11 Jul 2012, 4:03 pm

I dont understand, doesnt anyone get it?

This GM storyline (about 2 years ago) was being built for a reason, the payoff being a major name to be it, the trouble was they started the means but with no end and when they couldnt get a major name they gave up and stopped it with no rhyme or reason. That was was bad enough (as a viewer to be treated like that) but then to insult everybody's intelligence (Yes even I have some) by doing what they did on Monday was disgusting IMHO.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 11 Jul 2012, 4:06 pm

I'd rather it wasn't revealed than it be Hornswoggle tbh.

Makes the entire storyline look like a joke.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 11 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm

bretmeharty wrote:I dont understand, doesnt anyone get it?

This GM storyline (about 2 years ago) was being built for a reason, the payoff being a major name to be it, the trouble was they started the means but with no end and when they couldnt get a major name they gave up and stopped it with no rhyme or reason. That was was bad enough (as a viewer to be treated like that) but then to insult everybody's intelligence (Yes even I have some) by doing what they did on Monday was disgusting IMHO.

I don't think they insulted anyone's intelligence.
I think they took the mick out of some people's lack of it.

It's "Anonymous". It always was "Anonymous"
"Anonymous" things never get revealed!
"Secrets" get revealed
"Mysteries" get revealed

"Anonymous" by its very definition, is destined to remain unknown.

You were all played.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 11 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

I'm happy they put an end to it as it was one of those things that people kept complaining about and saying it was an example of a story that never got finished. Now it's got finished people are complaining that they wish it hadn't been.

You don't get the choice of ok finish this story but only if it has an ending I like. It was a poor ending in many ways but i had low expectations and it does kind of tie in what else was happening. Hornswoggle had no voice so how else would he have been GM but with emails. Cole was great reading out the emails but hates Hornswoggle = nice and ironic. Plus Vince seemed to always get on with Hornswoggle so a good choice for him as Anonymous GM.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Wed 11 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm

you missed out hornswoggles biggest moment....
mr kennedy giving him the green bay plunge off the ladder at money in the bank, now that was awesome Yahoo

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 11 Jul 2012, 5:24 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:I dont understand, doesnt anyone get it?

I don't think they insulted anyone's intelligence.
I think they took the mick out of some people's lack of it.

It's "Anonymous". It always was "Anonymous"
"Anonymous" things never get revealed!
"Secrets" get revealed
"Mysteries" get revealed

"Anonymous" by its very definition, is destined to remain unknown.

You were all played.

I think your giving them an easy cop out,
I understand, but this is wrestling, and things like this always get revealed in wrestling. They played up the fact "who is the GM", if they were not planning on revealing they would not play up on it and just say here is a message from the anonymous and carry on.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

Anyone else think it was just a play on the 'Vince's Illegitimate Offspring' angle?

I mean Hornswoggle was never meant to be revealed as Vince's son, and I'd hazard a guess that he was never going to be the Anonymous GM, but they wanted some closure on that whole storyline so maybe revealing Hornswoggle as GM was a bit tongue in cheek.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

WWE creative discussion ....

So what is the reson gonna be for this whole angle with AJ going a bit mad?

hmmmm dunno

Hornswoggle!!!!!

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:57 am

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:WWE creative discussion ....

So what is the reson gonna be for this whole angle with AJ going a bit mad?

hmmmm dunno

Hornswoggle!!!!!

And who was AJ's ex boyfriend on NXT earlier this year?

Hmm...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down