The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Has A Little Rant About Amir

+11
TopHat24/7
Rowley
Guest82
BoxingFan88
catchweight
Dipper Brown
Steffan
Hammersmith harrier
Coxy001
hampo17
Strongback
15 posters

Go down

Eddie Has A Little Rant About Amir Empty Eddie Has A Little Rant About Amir

Post by Strongback Mon 01 Jun 2015, 9:59 pm

In this video Eddie is really pushing the agenda for Brook v Khan.  Putting on a stadium fight must really line the promoters pockets. Then there's Stubhub.

Have to admit a little bit of sick came up when the journalists started clapping in appreciation of Eddie's rant. He certainly does have them in the palm of his hand.

Anyway plenty in there for Alex to start searching for his plum over.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Eddie Has A Little Rant About Amir Empty Re: Eddie Has A Little Rant About Amir

Post by hampo17 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:02 pm

Saw this the other day, what's so wrong with what he says Strongy? If it was anyone other than Hearn you wouldn't care.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm

I didn't comment on the content of what Eddie said. I just said it must be a rich fight.  Given that Eddie was getting animated would appear to show there must be serious coin to be had in this matchup.  That isn't criticism, he's the same as all boxing promoters. That he happens to be a sweet genuine guy and a boxing promoter is the unusual bit.

The press clapping Eddie was telling for me.  He has a monopoly.  Another fair comment I feel.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:14 pm

Good god you're getting as bad as D4 with your obsession.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm

No sh!t a fight between Brook and Khan is worth big money to all those concerned, who would ever have thought that but none of us are naive enough to think that this thread is about that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:22 pm

Easy payday for Khan. Batters Brook to a points victory. Where will this fight take place anyway? I assume it's Sheffield town hall if Brooks last 10 years are anything to go by. Eddie is doing a good job of hyping this up though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:25 pm

Not even you believe any of that Poopie Steffan.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Not even you believe any of that Poopie Steffan.
You think Brook will win then?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:27 pm

I think it's too close to call, anyone who struggles with Algieri isn't battering Brook it's that simple.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:41 pm

Urrrgh, couldn't make out what the last interviewer was saying but the first couple of questions seemed seriously loaded. Pretty much just gave Eddie a leg up to his soap box.

Can't disagree with a lot of what he said, Brook Khan is big and Khan won't take a fight that puts the Mayweather fight at risk. Like Steffan I see a clear win for Khan if it does come off.

Side note, how come Eddie's talking about Millennium Stadium. Would surprise me to see two English fighters with a northern fan base fight in Cardiff.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:47 pm

Pretty standard from Matchroom who invest heavily in their media as a means to push their agenda. Hearn allegedly has a good working relationship with Al Haymon, who is the guy calling the shots with Khan. So thats the guy he needs to get onto if he wants the fight to materialise. Not Amir Khan, who has basically been told for the last two years if he beats so and so who Al Haymon "advises" him to, he will get a Mayweather shot. As with the Frampton/Quigg failure, less time trying to be clever for the camera's and more time talking business with the relative parties would probably be more constructive. Maybe he is looking to shift the attention away from Brooks opposition by playing the blame game with Khan. We want Amir Khan but hes a chicken, so its er, Frankie Gavin.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:50 pm

catchweight wrote:Pretty standard from Matchroom who invest heavily in their media as a means to push their agenda. Hearn allegedly has a good working relationship with Al Haymon, who is the guy calling the shots with Khan. So thats the guy he needs to get onto if he wants the fight to materialise. Not Amir Khan, who has basically been told for the last two years if he beats so and so who Al Haymon "advises" him to, he will get a Mayweather shot. As with the Frampton/Quigg failure, less time trying to be clever for the camera's and more time talking business with the relative parties would probably be more constructive. Maybe he is looking to shift the attention away from Brooks opposition by playing the blame game with Khan. We want Amir Khan but hes a chicken, so its er, Frankie Gavin.

Sorry remind me who turned down the fight again?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:51 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Side note, how come Eddie's talking about Millennium Stadium. Would surprise me to see two English fighters with a northern fan base fight in Cardiff
Because Wales is the best as Lee Selby has proved Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:53 pm

Turned down what fight? Matchroom walked away with from negotiotians on a Frampton fight in favour of a publicity stunt.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:55 pm

BF88, Hearn is to blame for everything so I wouldn't bother trying to use logic, seems standard practice of any promoter to make it clear to Joe public who is stopping the fight from happening but if it's Hearn he's in the wrong.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm

If you think its Amir Khan that is personally stopping a Brook fight from happening you would need to get your head out of your ass. This is all gamesmanship by Matchroom, which is half the battle of promoting.

Matchroom and Hearn will know fully well the situation with Khan. That hes close to a Mayweather fight and is following orders from Al Haymon and co on how his career pans out. Would Hearn have the balls to publically slate the man who is ACTUALLY responsible for Khans career and risk business relations with Al Haymon. Nah I doubt it. Easier just to blame Khan publically as if Khan is "petrified" of Brook. Convenient also as it gives pressure off his back to actually deliver tough fight for Brook so he can keep picking off hand picked opponents himself. Its all spin.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:08 pm

Hearn is always right according to the press and most of the younger fight fans.  Not too many young people are questioning Eddie.  The older crowd though have seen the likes of Eddie come and go in the past.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:14 pm

catchweight wrote:If you think its Amir Khan that is personally stopping a Brook fight from happening you would need to get your head out of your ass. This is all gamesmanship by Matchroom, which is half the battle of promoting.

Matchroom and Hearn will know fully well the situation with Khan. That hes close to a Mayweather fight and is following orders from Al Haymon and co on how his career pans out. Would Hearn have the balls to publically slate the man who is ACTUALLY responsible for Khans career and risk business relations with Al Haymon. Nah I doubt it. Easier just to blame Khan publically as if Khan is "petrified" of Brook. Convenient also as it gives pressure off his back to actually deliver tough fight for Brook so he can keep picking off hand picked opponents himself. Its all spin.

Rubbish:

Khan: Lets fight for charity then (desperate attempt)
Brook: Fine lets do this I just want to knock you out
Khan: ......

Hearn: Lets make the fight
Khan's team: ......

As for Frampton, you having a laugh? The facts don't lie:

Framptons Team: I want 60/40
Hearn: Fine give 60 to the winner (Which by the way if they are so confident will be them!)

Then on top of that he offers a flat 1.5 fee with PPV options as well, or says make us an offer! The facts are the facts, if you think Hearn is the problem you are delusional.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:16 pm

Strongback wrote:Hearn is always right according to the press and most of the younger fight fans.  Not too many young people are questioning Eddie.  The older crowd though have seen the likes of Eddie come and go in the past.

Basically you're trying to be a pretentious d1ck who likes to act as if his opinion is the only one that matters, the fact your favourite subject matter is a promoter like Catchweight sums you up as so called boxing fans. Ever thought about talking about actual boxing?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 01 Jun 2015, 11:32 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
catchweight wrote:If you think its Amir Khan that is personally stopping a Brook fight from happening you would need to get your head out of your ass. This is all gamesmanship by Matchroom, which is half the battle of promoting.

Rubbish:

Khan: Lets fight for charity then (desperate attempt)
Brook: Fine lets do this I just want to knock you out
Khan: ......

Hearn: Lets make the fight
Khan's team: ......

As for Frampton, you having a laugh? The facts don't lie:

Framptons Team: I want 60/40
Hearn: Fine give 60 to the winner (Which by the way if they are so confident will be them!)

Then on top of that he offers a flat 1.5 fee with PPV options as well, or says make us an offer! The facts are the facts, if you think Hearn is the problem you are delusional.

If you think the boxers involved in this are the ones that have the say you have a lot to learn. Khan talks sh1t, go figure. No more so than Eddie Hearn. One of them actually has the ability to put fights together.

All of this is, as with the Frampton/Quiggg scenario is a prmoter who cant agree terms for a fight looking for some cheap publicity. Al Haymon is the guy calling the shots on Khan, just as Matchroom are calling the shots on Brook. Hearn wont criticise Haymon in public because he has to do business with him. So hes going to pretend to the public that Khan is scared of Brook. When it couldnt be more obvious that Haymon intends to keep Khan as a very live opponent for Mayweather. Something maybe Brook could have been if he hadnt spent a decade fighting Matthew Hattons and Carson Jones. It makes sense for Hearn to deflect attention away from Brooks opposition though, and blame Amir Khan, because frankly aside from that one Porter fight its grim reading.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 12:05 am

Don't think Eddie says anything that isn't true there.

I suspect Eddie thinks/knows it'll happen some day and will continue to hype it up at every opportunity.

Khan will avoid any punchers until he either loses to Mayweather or Mayweather retires...Brook will likely avoid all threats until he fights Khan.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 02 Jun 2015, 7:08 am

Eddie put Quigg on ice holding out for a Frampton fight.  The same could happen with Brook until the Khan fight gets made.  It just shows how much a stadium fight on PPV between two Brits really is. To put the fight on in the UK and own the promotion is where it is at for Matchroom.  Sending top fighters out to box internationally is a last resort. It's different for fighters whose careers are stuck or they don't generate decent revenue, they can be sent abroad to fight lions in the Colosseum

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 02 Jun 2015, 7:39 am

Whilst I can understand Eddie's frustration he is being a little disingenuous in this. He knows as well as anyone why Khan is not interested in this fight, it is because he thinks he will get the call from Mayweather for September. Given this he is not going to try and take a fight like Brook before that, as whatever you think the outcome of this is Brook is a genuine risk and why take a risk that could jeopardise a fight with the best fighter in the world. I only hope for Khan's sake that he actually gets the call, as he spent much of last year sitting by the phone, two years doing the same would be a criminal waste of his prime years.

Despite all this I am still not sure Eddie deserves masses of grief for his rant. As he says in the video he has exclusivity on Sky Box Office, whilst this is a wonderful position for him to be in it comes with its own pressures. He has enough of a stable to stack cards like the weekend and justify the PPV tag, and I would guess do just about sufficient numbers, however neither him or Sky are stupid, they will know the negativity this garners and how bare it leaves the cupboard for the regular Saturday night cards. Am sure both would rather do PPV's based on the main event's pulling power. Given Froch has one foot out of the sport and Degale, Quigg and Joshua are not really at a point where they can carry a card on their own, except in the instance of them fighting very specific opponents, Eddie has a lot riding on Brook.

For all that should also state the division does not start and end with Khan, Brook is unlikely to get Manny or Floyd but if Khan is not interested guys like Bradley and Thurman would create interest and send the right sort of message. There does seem a subtle inference in all this that because I could not get Khan any old sh!te will do, which is a bit mischievous.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:26 am

Will Khan fight Mayweather in September? What happened to Ramadan??

May is the only fight that makes Khan more money than Brook, and if there's one man that can deliver it it's Al Haymon. So can't really blame Khan for not pushing hard to make the Brook fight.

As WWs they're about level pegging, one's got a better shot at the big one than the other. Khan is to Brook what May is to Khan.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 2:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Will Khan fight Mayweather in September? What happened to Ramadan??

May is the only fight that makes Khan more money than Brook, and if there's one man that can deliver it it's Al Haymon.  So can't really blame Khan for not pushing hard to make the Brook fight.

As WWs they're about level pegging, one's got a better shot at the big one than the other. Khan is to Brook what May is to Khan.
He could ask for a special dispensation from the Imam. They would weigh up the benefits of Khan fighting versus the threat to his spiritual wellbeing by not fasting during this Holy Month....However, I'm sure a few grand towards local charitable causes would help sway the decision making as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Will Khan fight Mayweather in September? What happened to Ramadan??

May is the only fight that makes Khan more money than Brook, and if there's one man that can deliver it it's Al Haymon.  So can't really blame Khan for not pushing hard to make the Brook fight.

Apparently Ramadan is early this year, so allows him 8-10 weeks for proper training.

It is suprising the things people do for money!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:26 pm

Ramadan finishes mid july toppy. He'll have a about 4 weeks of proper training so I suspect he'll be training over here during the nights for the last two weeks. It goes back with the lunar calendar about 10 days a year.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:33 pm

http://www.when-is.com/ramadan-2015.asp

Yeh, gives him 10 weeks to an end of Sep fight or 8 to mid-Sep.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:35 pm

Khan's said for ages he wouldn't fight in September as Ramadan disrupts his training but all along he's been able to request special dispensation....d!ck.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:45 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Strongback wrote:Hearn is always right according to the press and most of the younger fight fans.  Not too many young people are questioning Eddie.  The older crowd though have seen the likes of Eddie come and go in the past.

Basically you're trying to be a pretentious d1ck who likes to act as if his opinion is the only one that matters, the fact your favourite subject matter is a promoter like Catchweight sums you up as so called boxing fans. Ever thought about talking about actual boxing?

That's bang out of order HH. He's succeeding.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 02 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm

Somewhat ironic Fly as Hammer spends his time on here scolding people for their opinions.

Did you vote SNP in the election? Seems like Scotland had a guilty conscious about siding with the Anglo's in the refo.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:21 am

Strongback wrote:Somewhat ironic Fly as Hammer spends his time on here scolding people for their opinions.  

Did you vote SNP in the election?  Seems like Scotland had a guilty conscious about siding with the Anglo's in the refo.

Nope - and I plan to make my local SNP MP's parliamentary life a misery for the next five years.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Wed 03 Jun 2015, 6:43 pm

The answers are all there.
Hearn has PPV exclusivity with SKY. The only way Khan v Brook happens is on PPV so Hearn would be the promoter. Khan as the marquee fighter is never going to let this fight happen without him/Haymon promoting it, and nor should he.

Bit rich Hearn slagging off Khan for fighting a light puncher in Algeri when Brook just fought Gavin. I wish I woke up and forgot that one.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:00 pm

Playing the blame game with Khan shifts the blame and focus away from Brooks opposition. Especially his last fight which was basically a pointless stinker.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down