The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

legends put to Sword - Guga on Sampras

3 posters

Go down

legends put to Sword - Guga on Sampras Empty legends put to Sword - Guga on Sampras

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 17:32

Tennis Masters Cup 2000, a Great match and an awesome performance by Guga to come back from a set down to win it.
In the 3rd set Guga played sublime and he made Sampras look like a school kid at net with his passing shots, to add further the volley he played when break points was unbelievable angle.

Here is the link to the Match's 3rd set, a must watch match in my view if you love tennis.

https://youtu.be/sho_sXYRGNs

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

legends put to Sword - Guga on Sampras Empty Re: legends put to Sword - Guga on Sampras

Post by lydian Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 17:55

Great match...and Guga was a misunderstood player in that he wasnt JUST a clay courter...even on clay he was very aggressive. He was adept on fast courts and that SHBH is one of the best ever - much better than Pete's...and he had a big serve too.

I'd say this is almost a Legend putting another Legend to the sword.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

legends put to Sword - Guga on Sampras Empty Re: legends put to Sword - Guga on Sampras

Post by reckoner Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 18:09

I'm loving the title - this should be a series.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 18:47

@ Reco thx Hug

@ Lyd, yup it was a great match, I won't say Guga was a legend that time around , and certainly not on hardcourts, I would rather say legend in making and a win over Sampras on HC anytime was considered a big upset.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down