The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Martyred Saints of Time

5 posters

Go down

The Martyred Saints of Time   Empty The Martyred Saints of Time

Post by davidemore Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

Some will never give up the sport; others will try but inevitably, either through financial struggle or a need for the lime-light, return to the squared circle.

Several more will be so badly injured that they have no choice, no legal right to enter the ring. But who do we know in boxing that we no longer wish to know? Whose name is still in the press that shouldn’t be?

We know RJJ is overdue a retirement party; we know he is a cuffing away from an institute. Let’s leave that sad fall alone until it reaches its conclusion.

But who else is out there?

In my humble opinion Ricky Hatton is in the press for all the wrong reasons.

A come back.

Where does this need come from? Is it stardom? Does he long for a return to those famous big nights where working-class people, his people, sung his name? Does he want more money? (No, IMO) or is it something more simple than that…

The need to fight.

Pain can be as addictive as affection, some people love to hurt.

Why is Ricky considering a comeback? Crying or Very sad

davidemore

Back to top Go down

The Martyred Saints of Time   Empty Re: The Martyred Saints of Time

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

Maybe he feels he still needs to redeem himself after his loss to Manny. He's seen lesser fighters than himself (Audley) come back and have a go at redemption. Now we've got Haye stepping back into the ring after his humiliation in Germany (toegate as opposed to his actual loss to Wlad)

Maybe Ricky thinks that with Manny and Floyd surely close to retirement, he'd stand a chance of becoming top dog in the division.

Maybe he's sees Haye and Chisora getting big money off the back of a public scandal and thinks he could go some way to repairing the damage by securing a legitimate fight with a respected opponent (someone like Marquez)

Maybe he's not right in the head

Maybe he's bored

Maybe he's skint

Maybe it's all b*ll*cks!

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

or maybe he thnks he'll beat Malignaggi easily?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 12 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Some have speculated that with his Sky contract going belly up the return might be motivated to boost his promotional pull.

I think it could also be a case of him just missing the buzz of being a fighter. When you are such a big name like Hatton with a huge following giving it all up and taking a back seat must be difficult.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Some have speculated that with his Sky contract going belly up the return might be motivated to boost his promotional pull.

I think it could also be a case of him just missing the buzz of being a fighter. When you are such a big name like Hatton with a huge following giving it all up and taking a back seat must be difficult.

Both of these statements are correct IMO.

Something like a 3 fight deal will give him cards to put his stable on, loads more money as I have heard him say he put a lot into promoting in first year and has probably operated at a loss to get his guys exposure (the loss thing is just my opinion)

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 12 Jul 2012, 7:51 pm

Malignaggi, Marquez and another fight are fights he may now lose but I can't imagine they would be able to cause him serious damage like Pacquiao did and some of the bigger guys at 147lbs could.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:31 pm

A Hatton comeback is bad for boxing.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down