The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R-Truth

+9
ADMIN
TheKop
Wakers1201
bernard black
David Tails
The Awesome Giz
Kay Fabe
theundisputedY2D2
The-Rizz
13 posters

Go down

R-Truth Empty R-Truth

Post by The-Rizz Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:38 am

Contains Raw spoilers……..

How on God’s green earth has R-Truth ended up in the WWE Championship match at Ex-Rules?

We’ve all read about how JoMo is getting a bit of backstage heat, so can understand him not getting the push, and I’m guessing CM Punk and Orton will have a match as Ex-Rules, so that rules them out, but surely someone like Ziggler would be better off getting the push into the main event if they wanted to make it a triple threat match? Personally I would have been happy with Miz – Cena gimmick rematch to finish off their feud, allow the Miz to retain the title and move on.

My main point of the article being what is the point of Truth being in the match?!? He won’t win the title, and I doubt his involvement will lead to a feud between him and The Miz or him and Cena in the future…..

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

R-Truth Empty Re: R-Truth

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am

The-Rizz wrote:He won’t win the title, and I doubt his involvement will lead to a feud between him and The Miz or him and Cena in the future…..

R-Truth heel turn? It'd keep Cena away from the title for the time being and give him something to do while he sits around twiddling his thumbs waiting for Wrestlemania 28 to come along.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:55 am

I think its just the WWE using Truth to show John Morrison who is boss

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 am

Strangest move in a while, would he win?

Well anythings possible, anyone feel this was ment to be morrison instead, but due to his backstage heat, WWE are just shoving two fingers up at him and putting Truth in?

Truth has done nothing since his minor fued with The Miz last summer.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:09 pm

I think you're right gaffer and Giz, if the plan all along was to have Miz, Cena and A N Other, then Morrison would have been a shoo-in for it. This will be his punishment for snubbing Trish Stratus.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:19 pm

I still don't see why it should be Truth. Surely Ziggler would be the better choice?

I guess it could be to show JoMo that they are willing to put a random jobber in instead and that he can be replaced by someone that isn't even at the top of the card.

Still....should be Ziggler.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I think it's a case of Vince McMahon saying:

"YOU SEE? YOU SEE JOHN MORRISON? LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO! R FRICKIN' TRUTH! IN A PAY PER VIEW MAIN EVENT! THAT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU! BUT NO! YOU HAD TO GO AND BE MEAN TO TRISH STRATUS DIDN'T YOU? ARE YOU HAPPY? HUH? HUH? ARE YOU? FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN DO YOU? PICKING ON LITTLE TRISH? WELL IT SERVES YOU RIGHT! NOBODY PICKS ON A DEFENCELESS WOMAN UNLESS IT'S ME OR IT'S PART OF AN ANGLE! R FRICKIN' TRUTH! YOU LIVE WITH THAT JOHN MORRISON! YOU LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR GODDAM LIFE!"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I think it's a case of Vince McMahon saying:

"YOU SEE? YOU SEE JOHN MORRISON? LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO! R FRICKIN' TRUTH! IN A PAY PER VIEW MAIN EVENT! THAT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU! BUT NO! YOU HAD TO GO AND BE MEAN TO TRISH STRATUS DIDN'T YOU? ARE YOU HAPPY? HUH? HUH? ARE YOU? FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN DO YOU? PICKING ON LITTLE TRISH? WELL IT SERVES YOU RIGHT! NOBODY PICKS ON A DEFENCELESS WOMAN UNLESS IT'S ME OR IT'S PART OF AN ANGLE! R FRICKIN' TRUTH! YOU LIVE WITH THAT JOHN MORRISON! YOU LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR GODDAM LIFE!"

P.S.

I'll be round for my shot of Melina tomorrow. Don't forget the camera...

My Quad won't be the only thing I'll be busting if you catch my drift...

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Na Y2 it was more of a case of everyone being lined up in front of Hunter and Vince.

Vince: No way is that blond guy in.

Hunter: What about JoMo?

Vince: Yeah alright.

(Enter Trish Crying)

Vince: Whats wrong?

Trish: He was meen to me.

Vince: For this outrage, crime against humanity, I shall show my power JoMO. (Looking at Truth) YOU BOY WHATS YOUR NAME?

Truth: (Shyly) R-Truth sir.

Vince: Well R-Truth, tonight your going to be placed in a WWE Title match.

(Camera fades to RAW opening credits)

sorry my film set script mind working, you can see what I meen.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:38 pm

It gives Miz someone else to pin without damaging Cena or Vice Versa.

Back to top Go down

Post by bernard black Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Interesting dynamic with The Miz going up against two faces.

It usually means a heel turn is brewing, but in this case R-Truth is clearly going to be the sacrificial lamb for The Miz after Cena gets decked with Riley's briefcase, or something along those lines.

bernard black

Back to top Go down

Post by Wakers1201 Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:56 pm

R-Truth probably getting the push because he is good on the mic and solid in the ring - in a transitional period for WWE they need to try things and this might just work

Wakers1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm

I don't think Ziggler was the right choice mainly because with two heels and Cena the crowd would end up getting behind Miz or Ziggler and the last thing Raw needs is to lose another heel, and Truth being in the match helps Miz get a win without pinning Cena

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKop Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:50 pm

I would of preferred JoMo or Ziggler to have won instead of him. I just don't like him.

He won't win though so its not all bad.

TheKop

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Wonder if R-Truth will remember where he is this time?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 am

Truth's probably so high he thinks he's going for the NWA World title against Ken Shamrock and Jeff Jarrett.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 am

I suspect it is just so that Miz can go over Truth without it then damaging a potential long term main eventer like Ziggler...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

I'd also expect Ziggler/Morrison to carry on their feud at Extreme Rules, R-Truth is my guilt pleasure, while I'm no fan of his character, I feel he could really be a good occasional main evneter, always have, he is good on the mic, ghot a great body, decent look, with a few tweaks he could be a decent 'woukld be' guy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 am

the-gaffer wrote:I'd also expect Ziggler/Morrison to carry on their feud at Extreme Rules, R-Truth is my guilt pleasure, while I'm no fan of his character, I feel he could really be a good occasional main evneter, always have, he is good on the mic, ghot a great body, decent look, with a few tweaks he could be a decent 'woukld be' guy

If Michael Cole could hear you now.......

laughing

By the way, I agree with you about R-Truth. A couple of changes here & there and he could be a back-up main eventer quite easily.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 am

Ahhh, good, I'm not completely insane, or if I am then at least I've got company

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 am

I'm quite found of his suplex into a stunner, quite impressive

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 am

I like Ron Killings,I always have from his days as K-Kwik.

The guy is a good servant and I do not begrudge him this chance in the slightest.

Fair enough he has made a few botches but he is decent in the ring.he looks the part and he can talk well on the mic which always helps.

Will he win the title?.No there is almost zero chance but I would mark out big time if he did because I actually dont think he is that bad.

Personally I think he is the sacrifical lamb but also wouldnt be surprised by a heel turn and a month or two feud with Cena,they have always had respect for one another but Truth said some things to Cena when the Nexus storyline that they could build on.Plus there are the Youtube vids of Truth dissing Cena from his days in TNA so maybe they could come into play.

Decent moveset,easily capable of being in a feud with the top guys in the WWE and agree fully that he could be an occassional main event guy.Never been a better time for him to maybe get over to Smackdown where he may even get a token run for all his hard work over the years.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:33 pm

God I hope he doesn't win.............

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:41 pm

I don't mind R-Truth when he is wrestling, but I wish he would change his gimmick as it's awful. WWE tried to change his entrance music, even having a backing dancer, but that was worse than "What's Up"!

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't know if I'd change his gimmick bv I'd change his attitude, rapper's are meant to be cool while he just comes across as cheesy, i'd let him cut a serious promo

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bernard black Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Yeah, great chance for them to trigger a more serious side to R-Truth's character here, his current gimmick is unbelievably stale. Don't think he needs a full heel turn yet though.

bernard black

Back to top Go down

Post by bernard black Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I don't know if I'd change his gimmick bv I'd change his attitude, rapper's are meant to be cool while he just comes across as cheesy, i'd let him cut a serious promo

Haha, you beat me to it.

bernard black

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:55 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I don't know if I'd change his gimmick bv I'd change his attitude, rapper's are meant to be cool while he just comes across as cheesy, i'd let him cut a serious promo

You do have a good point. After the GM's announcement and Cena and Truth were backslapping each other, Truth grinned cheesily after Cena hit him too hard, whilst Cena looked focused.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:10 pm

I'd start with changing his outfit, Id freshen him up, hes had the same jeans and shirt for 3 years, black guys with great bodies look good in most clothes, they should work this to their advantage

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down