The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIs v 6Ns = No contest

+11
LordDowlais
Biltong
Shifty
anotherworldofpain
sugarNspikes
gowales
Geordie
bedfordwelsh
Taylorman
Morgannwg
englandglory4ever
15 posters

Go down

AIs v 6Ns = No contest Empty AIs v 6Ns = No contest

Post by englandglory4ever Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:52 pm

Yes the 6Ns is a great tournament which every participating team wants to win of course but compared to the AIs its a mere side-show. I mean Italy, no comparison. Its a good place to experiment and try one or two emerging players.

This autumn England is taking on the big guns. Beating them is all that matters because one thing is certain, if you can't beat them you can't win a RWC. England want to win RWC15 so we have got to start beating them especially at home. Maybe this year is too soon to expect wins but expect them we must. I suspect SL and the coaches will not be experimenting. At least I hope not because we have got to start beating them. Gallant losers are just Losers. I want to see England take them out of their comfort zone. I want to see anxious NZ, SA and Aus faces. Only then will we be playing world class rugby.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

AIs v 6Ns = No contest Empty Re: AIs v 6Ns = No contest

Post by Morgannwg Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:51 pm

Of course the 6 Nations is always a side-show (except when England win it). Oh wait, didn't you apparently win it this year? Because according to you Lawes getting stripped of the ball never happened and Strettle definitely scored a try which would have won England that game (even though if the non-try was converted it only would have drawn the game. England still would have lost the tournament on points difference). Laugh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:08 am

Disagree in terms of the importance to NH rugby. The 6N has a history that rivals the most famous of rugby traditions and is the cornerstone of NH rugby.

The AI's is a smorgasbord of one off matches played at a convenient time during the international window.

In terms of matching wits against the best teams in the game thats agreed, but the SH tours, should they continue will bring the teams closer together in terms of results and knowledge of the way the game is played down this way.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 15 Jul 2012, 9:07 am

6Ns anyday anytime for me.

The AIs are just money making schemes for the robbing bar stewards in the Unions.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 9:58 am

For me as a fan in Britain, the 6 Nations tournament is far more absorbing than the Autumn Internationals. The 6 Nations matches are like local derbies, in a tournament which I've followed since the mid-1950s. There's massive intensity, history between the countries, fans' memories going back whole lifetimes, great banter, etc.

As for matches against SH sides, the Lions' tours are the focus of interest for British fans, much more than the Autumn Internationals.

I don't know how the current players feel - obviously many, though maybe not all, will relish measuring their performances against the SH in the Autumn Internationals.

But this is a fans' forum. Despite all the replica shirt-wearing, the vast majority of fans in the stadiums and watching on tv don't have the same attitudes as professional rugby players. They want to see their side win the 6 Nations tournament!

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:12 am

Nice wum...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

The Ais produces much better quality rugby

The 6 nations just makes we want to sleep half of the time, unless Wales are playing of course (when we play Italy i fall asleep though, they're crap).

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:23 am

gowales wrote:The Ais produces much better quality rugby

The 6 nations just makes we want to sleep half of the time, unless Wales are playing of course (when we play Italy i fall asleep though, they're crap).

That's probably what they thought when they beat you.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

C'mon Wink you know what i mean, they're crap 90% of the time because half of their team doesn't even have basic rugby skills.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:30 am

gowales wrote:C'mon Wink you know what i mean, they're crap 90% of the time because half of their team doesn't even have basic rugby skills.
Are we talking about Italy or Wales now? I'm confused Wink

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

Taylorman wrote:Disagree in terms of the importance to NH rugby. The 6N has a history that rivals the most famous of rugby traditions and is the cornerstone of NH rugby.

The AI's is a smorgasbord of one off matches played at a convenient time during the international window.

In terms of matching wits against the best teams in the game thats agreed, but the SH tours, should they continue will bring the teams closer together in terms of results and knowledge of the way the game is played down this way.

Yes Taylorman but history is not everything. Watch the teams rank 4 and below play it out to name a "champion" is of interest locally but globally to watch the lower standard of rugby is to shape make this "sideshow" as the OP mention already.

Also some tradition taken away when the competition is changing and adding Italy. I mean can Italy v Scotland really be part of a premier tournament?

The TV audience is large because a lot of fan live in the area but there is more higher standard going on to the SXV playoffs to be honest. And also the innovation in the game all happening south of the equator in the last decade is some true also.

Maybe the 6N can be changed to bi-annual tournament to make more space for NH v SH match ups to help bring the European teams back up to the standard as you mention?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:13 pm

England fans fed up of the 6 nations because they cant win grand slams anymore? Whistle

The Autumn internationals are mickey mouse games most of the time. The Northern hemisphere season is all about the 6 nations.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:05 pm

I don't see the logic of comparing a NH tournament with one off tests.

It is totally different concepts
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

biltongbek wrote:I don't see the logic of comparing a NH tournament with one off tests.

It is totally different concepts

It's because some supporters, NOT ALL, do not like it when their team struggle to win the competition. I love the six nations, always have always will, win or loose I will always follow it with passion. It's the same with the HC, because certain nationalities are struggling to win it they want to try and change it. steam

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

The 6N has been lacking to be fair. Hopefully it will improve but it hasn't been great the past few years IMO. A few matches have been really good, but a lot of them can get pretty boring. I will still follow it regardless of course, and watch every game.

Cue "that is just because you haven't won it recently" etc etc.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

"I don't see the logic of comparing a NH tournament with one off tests.

It is totally different concepts"

Get those short sighted glasses and blinkers off mate and start thinking ahead a bit more.

The quality of rugby played in 6Ns is a level below that which we see when we play SH sides. 6Ns is a second tier comp in terms of skill, intensity and class.

The AIs should be viewed as a series much like the 6Ns. This is where England must measure themselves. We are very fortunate to get to play all the big 3 in a 3 week period at home. This is the real benchmark of world rugby for any NH team. All we would need to do to turn it in to a real comp is to add a league points system and hey presto we have a superior comp in one easy move.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:
gowales wrote:C'mon Wink you know what i mean, they're crap 90% of the time because half of their team doesn't even have basic rugby skills.

Come on are you for real? The Grand Slammers and Italy in the same breath?! A more accurate comparison would have been England; the ones who get outscored on tries by Italy.

Laugh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:13 pm

The point is both have there place in the scheme of things,the 6Ns is competed by the NH.The matches are in there way as entertaining or not as any other a
Grandslam i s still an achievement.The AI`s give the NH sides a chance with Home Advantage versus the SH sides.There is usually at least one SH head on a pole maybe more in the AI`s.Also from the SH sides will give promising young players a run during the AI`s especially if they include matches v Club sides like Leicester or Munster.Rather than risk young players early in the more intense 3/4Ns[unless forced to by injury]

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

Had anyone else noticed that the OPs nom de plume, at a glance, looks more like "englandgloryNever".

Not sure the use of the number 4 was a wise choice over spelling out the word "for".

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Had anyone else noticed that the OPs nom de plume, at a glance, looks more like "englandgloryNever".

Not sure the use of the number 4 was a wise choice over spelling out the word "for".

.. and you started a thread moaning about trolls and people only posting to annoy others.

what does your post have to do with the topic at hand?

Nothing is the answer.

Pot. Kettle.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:54 pm

For me the 6 Nations will always be special as it is the premier NH international tournament. We all want to win it and a striving to do so.

I do agree however that in terms of skill it is below 3N/Rugby Championship standard.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
sugarNspikes wrote:

Come on are you for real? The Grand Slammers and Italy in the same breath?! A more accurate comparison would have been England; the ones who get outscored on tries by Italy.

Laugh
Strange how you can have a bit of a laugh about something and then someone comes in and takes it all a bit too seriously. Come on, Gareth!

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:45 pm

The laugh was at England, could you not see the Laugh

Who's Gareth?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

It's just you don't seem to quite get how to banter.

Gareth is Mr Powell, close buddy of Brett.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:50 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Had anyone else noticed that the OPs nom de plume, at a glance, looks more like "englandgloryNever".

Insult removed

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:51 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:

.. and you started a thread moaning about trolls and people only posting to annoy others.

Nothing is the answer.

Pot. Kettle.

Do you seriously think the OPs post really has anything to do with rugby?

If you do I'm really not surprised that my post on trolling was over your head Ozzie...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:54 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

Nothing is the answer.

Pot. Kettle.

Do you seriously think the OPs post really has anything to do with rugby?

If you do I'm really not surprised that my post on trolling was over your head Ozzie...!
AIs v 6Ns = No contest 1347041234

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:57 pm

Englandglory4ever lay off the personal insults please.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:00 pm

The little welsh people on here can revel in winning a grandslam all they like. Its just that England like to win the RWC every now and then that's all.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:03 pm

You mean then, now and then implies more than once.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:05 pm

It's ok we will, being the 'Grand Slammers' that we are and everything, how can you not revel.

BTW; do you recognise this cup?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=wales+sevens+world+cup+win&num=10&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbnid=Z7VWdEfxFwdgNM:&imgrefurl=http://www.rugbydump.com/2009/03/850/wales-beat-argentina-to-win-the-irb-sevens-world-cup-in-dubai&docid=F1-NuOE5uBfCyM&imgurl=http://www.rugbydump.com/media/posts/wales-rwc-sevens.jpg&w=350&h=200&ei=NBQDUMjlJ--M0wWyhtCaBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=269&vpy=318&dur=1560&hovh=160&hovw=280&tx=181&ty=131&sig=112654718231066822957&page=1&tbnh=120&tbnw=188&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0,i:120&biw=1366&bih=592
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:06 pm

biltongbek wrote:You mean then, now and then implies more than once.

No as you know we won it 03 and we are trying to win it again. You can be as pedantic as you like but its still a better record than any other NH team having won it once and been to the final on 2 other occasions.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:08 pm

Is there any point in England turning up to the 6 Nations from now on then? And why have they for the past twelve years?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

It appears that this poster may be suffering from dyslexia!

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:11 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Is there any point in England turning up to the 6 Nations from now on then? And why have they for the past twelve years?

I refer you to the first paragraph in my original post. Please demonstrate a better level of reading ability in future.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:11 pm

Englandglory - what age are you mate. picard

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:11 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:
biltongbek wrote:You mean then, now and then implies more than once.

No as you know we won it 03 and we are trying to win it again. You can be as pedantic as you like but its still a better record than any other NH team having won it once and been to the final on 2 other occasions.
No mate I am not being pedantic, you are playing the game of " my dad is bigger than you dad" it achieves nothing and it is tiring, you first resort to insulting Welsh posters and then you exaggerate your claims.

Rather stick to positively contributing to the forum than having your Sunday evening wind up.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:14 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:

I already warned you to lay of the insults, PM on its way to you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:14 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:

I refer you to the first paragraph in my original post. Please demonstrate a better level of reading ability in future.

So, do you believe (like England did in 2000-03) that the England rugby team should withdraw from the 6 Nations and compete in the SH rugby championship?

TBH, I think you better stay put.

1. You can't even win the 2nd tier comp that is the 6 Nations.
2. You just failed to win a game in a series against the 3rd ranked SH power (results prove they are behind NZ and Aus).

Your RFU should manage their resources better, then when they are winning the 6 Nations again maybe they can look to compete at the World Cup instead of not making the final 4 again.

Last edited by Morgannwg on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

No mate you are wrong again.

Please read back and you will find that the little welsh people started the 'my dad...' thing not me. I never mentioned Wales once. But you still see fit to blame it on me.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

biltongbek wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:

I already warned you to lay of the insults, PM on its way to you.

Come off it mate. That's an observation of some condition that MAY be. not and insult! You seem a little edgy on this one mate. Calm down.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:21 pm

Glory, go find something better to do than try and wind people up.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:22 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:No mate you are wrong again.

Please read back and you will find that the little welsh people started the 'my dad...' thing not me. I never mentioned Wales once. But you still see fit to blame it on me.

An Englishman brought Wales into it. The English on here are obsessed with Wales and they have to talk about us on every single thread. Also, you referred to Welsh people as 'little' in an insulting manner.

BTW, I don't really think mentioning dyslexia is particulary insulting. Although just to be clear on that matter perhaps the mods should lay down a marker.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:25 pm

Well, I have. Unless a poster freely acknowledges he or she is dyslexic, or any poster here is certifed qualified to diagnose dyslexia, it is not for us to accuse/insinuate or insult.

I know people with dyslexia and how they face learning disabilities due to late diagnosis. In my view it is not acceptable..
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:26 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:

So, do you believe (like England did in 2000-03) that the England rugby team should withdraw from the 6 Nations and compete in the SH rugby championship?

TBH, I think you better stay put.

1. You can't even win the 2nd tier comp that is the 6 Nations.
2. You just failed to win a game in a series against the 3rd ranked SH power (results prove they are behind NZ and Aus).

Your RFU should manage their resources better, then when they are winning the 6 Nations again maybe they can look to compete at the World Cup instead of not making the final 4 again.

Still read my first paragraph. Therein lies the answer to your erroneous inferences. Hope the words I use aren't too big for you.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:27 pm

Actually a Welsh poster brought Wales into it. The bounder! Wink

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:31 pm

"Also, you referred to Welsh people as 'little' in an insulting manner."

So its OK to refer to us as little Englanders but we can't then call you little Welsh people? Of course I use the generic 'you'. I'm not suggesting that you in particular are a little Welsh person in this instance.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:33 pm

This is now tiresome as has descended to the usual Anglo Welsh bickering debacle so I am locking it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down