The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotto is a good example.

+3
azania
hampo17
ONETWOFOREVER
7 posters

Go down

Cotto is a good example. Empty Cotto is a good example.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:55 pm

If Khan is serious about becoming p4p the best fighter out there and facig the best then he could learn a few things from Mr Miguel Cotto. Cotto after he lost to Manny was a wreck. People said he was finished as it was his second loss after Margacheato but somehow Cotto dug deep and came back.

Khan needs to be humble about this because he is nowhere near elite, nowhere close enough to face PBF. That may mean rebuilding his career here in England because Khan in all his bravado left England without really establishing a real domestic record. He felt he was better then anyone in UK and a few of you muppets agreed that he did not nedd to stay and face the likes of Murry or Mitchal who would have tested Khan. Khan should have gone up the ranks domestically and in Europe.

Cotto came back and was able to secure the big fights again so it can be done but Cotto was not going around calling himself KING, he got down to his job of fighting o fuss. Can anyone really remember his fights with Jennings and Forman? me neither they never stood out did they but thats Cotto he just got on with it and even though he lost to Mayweather he garnered great respect from all fans. Khan should t

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Cotto is a good example. Empty Re: Cotto is a good example.

Post by hampo17 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:58 pm

No need to call your fellow posters muppets really, not sure if you're trying to say Khan should go back to domestic level as I don't see what that would achieve.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

Khan was humble after the loss.

Had he stayed with Warren he would be having a rematch with McKloskey. Moving to USA was the best thing he could do at the time. His profile is high there and listen to the cheers he got when he entered the ring.

Great kid but new trainer needed.

Oh and he knows he's not a real King. Likewise Tyson was not made of iron. Eubank wasn't simply the best and Benn may have Benn dark, but he wasn't a destroyer. Frazier never smoked either.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Cotto does not go into chicken run mode when he gets swiped like Amir. Khan is damaged goods and should find a new job. No other current boxer has such wobbly legs when they get caught.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:05 pm

What about Enzo Mac?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm

hampo171 wrote:No need to call your fellow posters muppets really, not sure if you're trying to say Khan should go back to domestic level as I don't see what that would achieve.

Muppet!

Its a term of endearment nothing cynical.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm

Josh, I suppose you would have said the same thing when Hearns got spanked by Barkley. Boxing fans are a fickle bunch indeed.

There is no other active boxer as exciting as Khan. Name one if you think there is one out there.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

Maybe you like the up and down rollercoster ride that is Khans boxing ability but some fans enjoy watching BOXING in all its beauty like James Toney, PBF,

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

There is no other active boxer as exciting as Khan.
I fear for his brain when he starts twitching! Taking hits like he did last night he will end up slurring speech.

Garcia took him on a dog walk. Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:14 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Maybe you like the up and down rollercoster ride that is Khans boxing ability but some fans enjoy watching BOXING in all its beauty like James Toney, PBF,

So you would rather see a chess match that an edge of seat fight? Fair enough.

For the record. Floyd, great fighter. But not exciting. Pernell, great fighter. Not exciting. Hearns. Great fighter. Very vulnerable. Very exciting.

Now a Hearns fight or a PBF fight. Which would you rather see?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:15 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
There is no other active boxer as exciting as Khan.
I fear for his brain when he starts twitching! Taking hits like he did last night he will end up slurring speech.

Garcia took him on a dog walk. Wink

I don't know how your answer gets near my question. But seeing as you can't name one active boxer more exciting than Khan, I believe my point has been made.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:18 pm

Khan walked into a huge left hook that would have decked pretty much any LWW, his chin, isn't the best, but it's not as bad as what people are talking about.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

Cotto is not that good of an example. After his defeat to Margarito he was lucky that the WBO title was vacant and he got a straight shot at it against Jennings. And was fortunate again that Arum promoted Foreman, so he could get another straight shot at a title despite coming of again, a stoppage defeat.

I consider that more like a fighter having good connections and getting breaks more him 'getting along with it'.

I'm pretty sure that if GBP offer Khan a straight title shot against anyone at 147 or 140lbs he'll be brave enough to take it.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

I get the idea ofte post but doesn't really make sense or khan to follow cotto's career

Cotto got beat up badly by marg but pacquiao he wasn't favoured to win like khan was to Garcia. Garcia struggled with Kendall holt and morales, khan should have wiped the floor with him. Pacquiao was a superstar and best fighter in the game alongside floyd. Even the margarito fight it cotto was only a slight favourite

Cotto lost in the 11th and 12th rounds to 2 elite (at the time) fighters. Khan got blasted out of their

He does remind me of hearns, he gets hit and his spindly legs look dead. The thing is that hearns had the equaliser which meant that no-one (except hagler as he's an animal) would apply heavy pressure as they would go down. Khan doesn't hit very hard and Peterson, Maidana and Garcia now have been able to take his best shots and don't seem too worried about his power

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down