The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wor Andy

5 posters

Go down

Wor Andy Empty Wor Andy

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 12:02 pm

So after last night's drubbing of Manchester City, Andy Carroll is now only 344 goals away from equalling Ian Rush's club goalscoring record Wink

Seriously though it was great to see him get off the mark and his partnership with Luis Suarez shows signs of being pretty prolific. If we can keep these 2 together for the next 5 years (I was going to write 10 years but that's probably being a bit too optimistic! Smile) then we've got a real chance of challenging for top honours again in the future.

Congrats Andy, and here's to many more! thumbsup

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Wor Andy Empty Re: Wor Andy

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 12:38 pm

Suarez and Carroll look great together. Everything Carroll can't do Suarez excels at and the same goes the other way and both have plenty goals in them. Need to get good wide men to make more chances for them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 2:00 pm

That shouldn't be a problem prettyboy, I see today we're after Gareth Bale! laughing

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

Think Bale might be being a bit adventurous. Downing, Young and Wright-Phillips would be better bets. And a good left back. Full backs are very important in putting good service into the box.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:37 pm

Gotta love the rumour mill though eh?! 2 weeks ago Bale ain't going anywhere for less than £80 million, today it was "he might be available for £30 million if Spurs don't qualify for next year's Champions League". Madness.

Out of the 3 you mentioned I would love for us to get Ashley Young, think he'd be the perfect foil for Suarez and Carroll.

What do you reckon to Jose Enrique? According to Phil Thompson it's a done deal (take it with a pinch of salt of course) I haven't seen much of him this season, could he be what we're looking for at left back?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:17 pm

Jose Enrique is a good left back, if you got Ashley Young would he provide good service? Everytime I see him play he seems to be cutting in rather than crossing the ball

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:45 pm

Hands off Izzy. You have been warned.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:52 pm

Izzaguirre of Celtic is a better left back than Enrique. Might cost a few quid less due to EPL inflated prices. Don't want to see him leave the hoops but if he did Liverpool would be my first choice.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

Izaguirre for me is a much better left back than Enrique, however, I;d say that Izaguirre needs zat least one more season with Celtic to prove he isn't just a one season wonder, not that I think he is but he wouldn't be the first to have a big impact first term only to not reach those heights again, Lee Naylor is an obvious comparison, first season he ripped the Champions League up and was nominated for Player of the Year finishishign runner up if I remember correctly, after that he was utterly hopeless

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down