The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Rumble Discussion thread - Spoilers are not only welcome, they are allowed

+9
Hailmary
Lex-Express
AberdeenSteve
Dr Gregory House MD
Dx Dan.
ADMIN
David Tails
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Royal Rumble Discussion thread - Spoilers are not only welcome, they are allowed Empty Royal Rumble Discussion thread - Spoilers are not only welcome, they are allowed

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 7:24 am

Discuss the Royal Rumble here.

Last edited by Hobo on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble Discussion thread - Spoilers are not only welcome, they are allowed Empty Re: Royal Rumble Discussion thread - Spoilers are not only welcome, they are allowed

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 31 Jan 2011, 7:48 am

So... For us poor people who will never get to see it...

Who were the winners?
Who were the surprise entrants?
Was Michael Cole the show stealer as always these days?

Back to top Go down

Royal Rumble Discussion thread - Spoilers are not only welcome, they are allowed Empty Re: Royal Rumble Discussion thread - Spoilers are not only welcome, they are allowed

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 8:01 am

i didnt see it but looked at the wwe.com results.

People will clarify, I am sure but this is the gist:

cm punk number 1 - gets attacked by the corre

edge and his nexus cohorts (I assume the corre) dominate

until cena arrives ad eliminates them all (6people in total)

cena and hornswoggle(yes you read right) eliminate a few more whilst working together.

Booker t and diesel make an appearance

del rio enters in at 38

cena thrown over by an interefrin miz

orton eliminated next (by del rio I think)

del rio wins only to find out santino is still in. He hits the cobra (I am not joking!) but his attempt at winning is reversed by deelrio who is crowned champ.

i am sure others will do it justice but it seems poor to me!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 31 Jan 2011, 8:16 am

I hope you are winding me up Hobo...

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 8:24 am

As I said I havent seen it, but if thats me winding you up, then the official wwe website has wound me up!

miz retained as well

Oh and Tatsu went out of the rumble after entering 8th but was the 5th to be eloiminated. A lot of unhappy posters about that I should imagine!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 31 Jan 2011, 8:40 am

If that is the result, I'm delighted I couldn't get the day off of work. I would have been gutted if I wasted a holiday day for THAT.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 8:44 am

just looked at wiki and they have stated that although Punk was attacked, he didnt get eliminated first. He made it to 21 and eliminated 5 people on his own and a few more with the nexus.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:13 am

I have no doubt that I will still watch the rumble when I go home, but I'm not as gutted that I missed it as I thought I would be.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:14 am

I did happen to see it.

Edge v Ziggler was an excellent opener, Ziggler continues to improve and it's only a matter of time now till he gets a world title.

Orton v Miz was a snoozefest, neither guy can work a match well. Ended with Punk interfering to probably set up Punk v Orton at Mania.

Diva match, they hinted at Kong joining when they made it a fatal 4 way, instead we got Eve who won. Toilet break of a match as usual.

Rumble started with the rival Nexus groups. Confusing to say the least, but then improved tenfold with a fair bit of Daniel Bryan v Punk.
Punks Nexus then dominated and destroyed several guys coming in for a while which was awesome, best thing of night (reminded me of a certain COH)
Then Cena ruined it with Hornswoggle.
Del Rio won which was good though they teased Santino pulling off the shocker of all time.

Overall I liked the show, not the greatest, but certainly a good one.

8 out of 10

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Mon 31 Jan 2011, 10:10 am

Not a bad event.

Good points - Del Rio winning, Punk + Nexus dominating for a while, Diesel making a shock appearance, Booker T also making a shock appearance and hitting all his signature manuvers on Nexus, aswell as doing the Spinaroonie.
Edge hitting the Killswitch on Dolph for the win and Punk costing Orton the WWE Title match.

Bad points - John Cena wipeing out the whole of Nexus by himself, Orton vs Miz match, Eve winning the Divas Title, Hornswoggle and Cena dominating for a while (it just really summed up how childish the 'E is at the moment) Nash and Booker T only getting a short amount of Rumble time. Dolph being in the Rumble, there was just no need for this, he had a great showing with Edge, but was made to look weak in the Rumble. Could say the same about Orton, but i feel his appearance was justified as the Rumble match lacked star power and i honestly thought Orton was going to win. Lastly, Triple H not returning, i was 95% sure Trips was going to return last night, really let down by the fact that he didn't, would of made the Rumble. Also a hint from Taker would of been good, just something like the lights going out whilst Barrett was dominating, just a little something to wet our appetites for his return.

Overall not bad, could have been a lot better. 7/10.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 31 Jan 2011, 10:26 am

I really enjoyed the Edge v Ziggler match, lots of good near falls and momentum shifts plus the crowd seemed really into it, was possibly a bit interferance friendly for my likeing and I saw the finish coming a mile off, plus was that not just the weakest ref bump in history, Edge staggered into him squishing him between the ropes and Edge, small bump yes but not enough time for the spear, anyways still a good match. ***

I honestly cannot see while people were complaining about Miz vs Orton for me this was the undercard match of the night, working an agressive style Orton set a pace that really gave the match a spark and the exchanges between the two were very smooth, once again far too interferance friendly but that aside I don't think Ive seen that good an effort from Orton in a long time. ***1/2

Divas title match wasn't bad in all honestly, I was dissapointed Kong wasn't the 4th woman and that Eve won for seemingly no obvious reason, taking the focus off the charismatic Laycool and the talented Natalya, though she did hit a fine moonsault. Still the in ring action cannot be faulted here, as good a diva's effort as you are likely to see. **

The Rumble, well it started strongly with exchanges between Punk and Bryan and the next 7 entries served to make it a quality showing, if a bit low rent on names, from all involved, big shout out too Morrison for the most athletic and innovative not being eliminated spot ever. Next we moved on to New Nexus segment, I enjoyed this bit partially due to the facial expressions Punk was pulling but also due to the suspense of waiting to see who would be next to challange them, plus Spinaroonie!
Sadly the person that did challange New Nexus was Cena, im sorry i am all for Cena being the hero but couldnt he have just led the charge holding out against all the odds to get more folk in the ring to challange the Nexus or formed an unlikely alliance with Barrett or had Orton come in to get revenge from earlier in the night, apparently not Cena just smashed them all over the top rope proving that New Nexus will be no more of a threat than the old one, and finally Cena hit rock bottom, standing side by side with Hornswoggle as they elminated jobbers (or US title contenders when you think about it) in quick sucession, I can't deny it was something different happening but I didn't find it as funny as I am sure WWE were hoping. The final quarter of the match (which I count from the moment Hornswoggle was eliminated) was interesting, a lot of star names came to the ring and left with next to know lasting impression, Mysterio, Sheamus, Ziggler, and conterary to popular belief HHH did not appear. The exchanges between the final 4 (5) lacked any oomph and the eliminations happened way to quickly but I am please del Rio won and genuinly marked out as I had Orton as the stick on the moment Cena (who must now surly face the Miz at WM27) was eliminated, the Santino moment, well I honestly thought that we werte witnessing the moment where WWE finally went over the edge, but fortuanatly it was just a joke and one that I briefly fell for hook, line and sinker.
Hard to cartogarise a Rumble match that seemed to play out over so many different segments but overall it was exciting, a bit different and featured some great spots plus WWE pulled a winner out the bag I had never expected so from me I would give this match ****

Looking into the future my WM27 predictions are

CM Punk vs Randy Orton

Wade Barret vs The Undertaker

New Nexus vs The Core

WWE Title- The Miz vs John Cena

and...

WHC- Edge vs Alberto del Rio

but you already knew that Wink

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 11:42 am

my head hurts 🧀

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 31 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

Not going to talk about the other matches but question

How much was Booker paid for that small appearance? :606laugh:

WHY DID DIESEL GET SUCH A SHORT ROLE?
I literally screamed at the TV when his music hit. Surely he'll get an appearance at Mania. It would make the night for me!

After The Miz taking out Cena I seriously hope they aren't the main event at Mania. I hate the Miz and every match he is in.

WHERE WAS TRIPLE H???????

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:06 pm

I've just finished watching it (i fell asleep this morning).

The Rumble match was overall an OK match, although i personally thought that the last 10 entrants weren't as entertaining as the rest of the match had been. I did actually mark out for Booker T, strange cause i never liked him. You could pretty much tell when Punk came out 1st that...

A) He wasn't winning it.

B) Daniel Bryan would be #2.

I thought the brawl at the beginning was pointless. Having already appeared and had no interaction with The Corre, i didnt think we needed to see The Nexus again. The Nexus taking control was good, but they were eliminated far too quickly, and typically by Cena. I personally loved the stuff with Hornswoggle, i thought it allowed everything to gel. As a side note, i laughed my ass off when he gave Tyson Kidd an AA.

I thought they might of had Del Rio come in earlier, maybe survive some big competitors, but no. He's gotta be the weakest looking winner of a Rumble in quite some time and although he was many peoples picks, i couldn't care less if he headlines WM.

I think they missed a trick with not involving 'Taker or HHH. If rumours are to be believed, HHH isn't returning until he can make a bigger impact so expect to see him at WM. I thought Morrison would've been involved more, he was my outside pick.

Cena getting eliminated by Miz seemed a bit rushed, apart from one little promo they havent had an awful lot of interaction but in one night The Nexus is now after Orton and Miz is going to feud with Cena. Oh the joy.... Rolling Eyes

The other matches....

Edge v Ziggles was good. You could tell that the spear would be involved, not sure why Kelly Kelly showed up but Ziggler certainly looked main event.

Miz v Orton was a snoozefest. Crowd didn't seem into it although i did like the Alex Riley spot.

Divas match i actually liked, Natalya doing the double Sharpshooter was quality, although like most people i was expecting Kong rather than Eve.

Overall, was worht a watch, not worth £15.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:24 pm

I wondered were u were last night KB

Whilst we were, watching u were :sleep:

Man 3hrs sleep then work aint a good combo

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:29 pm

Welcome to the world of an insomniac Lex!

I've been lucky to get 2 hours for the last few months. I'm constantly tired :sleep:

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:35 pm

DT, That sucks poopie man

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:37 pm

David Tails wrote:Welcome to the world of an insomniac Lex!

I've been lucky to get 2 hours for the last few months. I'm constantly tired :sleep:

your a mod now - give up those two hours as well.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:41 pm

does anyone think that Vince delayed the return of HHH or Kong debuting because it was leaked all over the dirt sheets?
Whats the chances of HHH returning on Raw tonight instead?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:44 pm

Maybe Kong ate HHH backstage last night and never made it into the rumble cos she had indegestion :oops:

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:45 pm

Anything you say Sir Hobo!

All Hail Hobo!! :cheers:

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 1:17 pm

Screw Hobo! :wooo:

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:09 pm

Was Riley's exit a botch at last night's rumble? I never seen him get eliminated, all we did see was him hanging on for dear life on the top turnbuckle. The Miz then said even though Riley was not in the ring that he was doing the clever thing. By this I think he must have meant he was hiding on the outside from the action. It wasn't until near the end that Striker said that Riley had been eliminated. Was The Miz really supposed to eliminate Cena & why did Cena have a pop at Cole after he was eliminated?

Another question, What did everyone think of Matt Striker last night? I personally thought he was very good and almost screamed holy s-hit when Diesel came out which was awesome. I hope they keep at PPV's in the future as he calls it down the middle and is very good at his job.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:21 pm

Yeah i thought the A-Ri thing was odd. Think Cena having a go at Cole was becuase he loves The Miz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailmary Mon 31 Jan 2011, 5:53 pm

Cole bums The Miz!

Really enjoyed Edge v Ziggler, really entertaining. Nearly died when Santino pulled that stunt, can't bear the guy! :wooo:

Hailmary

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 31 Jan 2011, 5:55 pm

Really hope The Miz loses the WWE at EC or I may give up on WWE :affraid:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:06 pm

Okay I'm just finished watching the rumble.

Looks like WWE pay more than TNA....Nash managed to buy some hair dye :606laugh:

It went a little flat for me. The Punk/Nexus domination was pretty good. The Cena/Hornswoggle domination was cringeworthy.

LOVING the brogue kick to Swoggle!

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:36 pm

Just rewatched the Alex Riley elimination, definitely a botch. Miz thought he was still in after he had been eliminated, Cena and Kofi tried to stop him falling out

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 31 Jan 2011, 10:05 pm

Yeah you can see his leg give way underneath him when he hits the apron on the side of the ring. The reactions of Cena & kingston told it all.
Would he have had something to do with the Cena & Miz angle or?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Mon 31 Jan 2011, 10:22 pm

I think it would have been the reverse scenario, Miz would have jumped up on the apron and A-ri would have eliminated Cena

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely Bristols Tue 01 Feb 2011, 1:06 am

I enjoyed the chatbox immensely, a smart addition

Lovely Bristols

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Tue 01 Feb 2011, 1:39 pm

My Views FWIW:

Ziggler v Edge - Fantastic match, really had me believing that Ziggler could win it at a few points. Great opener.

Miz v Orton - Dull.

Women's match - Don't know was cooking pizza.

Rumble match

Morrison, incredible feat clinging onto the barricade and jumping onto the steps. That was a spot that could so easily have been botched, but massive kudos to him for pulling it off.
Punk and Nexus dominating got boring pretty fast IMO. I'm no Cena mark at all, but I was glad when that was over. Following that Cena and Hornswoggle, I thought, was quite entertaining. Hornswoggle was very funny and his AA on Kidd was hilarious as was his copycat job with other wrestlers. Very funny, and he did the job he was there for, some light entertainment.
Booker and Nash coming in, decent cameo's and Vinnie Mac had to be impressed by the "Let's Go Diesel" chants. Very loud.
Only real downside for me was no Trips and no Christian. Was really looking forward to those two coming in, instead we get Orton and Ziggler again?
Thought the Santino bit was quite poor tbh. It was obvious that he wouldn't win it, one of the worst endings to a Rumble I've seen. That said, overall a fantastic Rumble match and overall PPV. Really enjoyed it.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 01 Feb 2011, 6:44 pm

agree would have been better if say Orton, Barrett or Punk etc had been knocked under the ropes earlier and returned at the end as they would have been a serious contender for winning anyway

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down