The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time?

+2
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Who is the greatest of all time?

Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_lcap32%Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 8 ]
Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_lcap60%Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 15 ]
Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_lcap0%Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_lcap0%Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_lcap4%Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_lcap4%Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 25

Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Empty Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time?

Post by Adam D Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:22 pm

I love my spin bowling - I find it much more entertaining to watch great batsmen (and not so great) become completely befuddled by some crazy turning balls.

But who is the greatest ever.

I realise that you may have some names that dont appear here, but for me, these are the best of the best.

So please vote for your faves and find out who 606v2 think is the best spin bowler ever.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Empty Re: Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time?

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm

It's a good list Hobo, I'd probably swap Benaud for Charlie Grimmett but that's about it. As for the question itself, tough one! Bill O'Reilly was rated by many of his contemporaries to be the best of all time. Certainly Don Bradman put him ahead of both Warne and Murali in his all time XI. However, I can't really vote for someone who I never saw play.

Personally I'm going for Warne, because he beat batsmen in the mind as well as on the pitch. He just had it all, and even now is still bamboozling batsmen in the IPL. I was lucky enough to be at the MCG for his 700th test wicket and it's a moment I'll never forget.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time? Empty Re: Who is the greatest Spin Bowler of all time?

Post by Adam D Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 pm

I went for Shane over Murali for one simple reason. He was an awesome batsman as well.

I know that isnt a factor that should be considered but as there is nothing between them in my eyes, I used it as the reasoning - if I could only pick one for my team, it would be shane.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Ive gone for Murali.
For a bowler its all about taking wickets, and this genious is the highest wicket taker in test and in ODI's.
I cant wait to see him in action for Gloucestershire this year in the twenty20.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Murali for me aswell someone whos took the most wickets in test matches and ODI's you know hes something special,always had a way of just taking wickets and didn't go for many runs too.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 pm

ive gone for murali, he is leading wicket taker in both forms of the game, and he was the leader of the attack, warne had mcgrath and others round him, murali was on his own

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Warne, he constantly had to compete with McGrath, Lee, Gillespie, MacGill etc. for wickets whereas Murali normally got handed the ball earlier due to the lack of support by bowlers other than Vaas.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 pm

GG- then that shows that murali had to work for his wickets, while with warne the other bowlers built the pressure warne came on and grabbed the wickets

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Warne. Murali was a great bowler, but Warne's ability to out think and out strategise a batsman was the best I have ever seen and ever will be. The way he got inside a batsman's head, and set traps for balls and even overs later is truly phenomenal. His killer instinct also put him ahead of Murali for me, that power to show no mercy and kick a man whilst he is down.

There is nothing seperating them as bowlers, but as cricketers Warne is head and shoulders abover Murali.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Warne, mostly for the tactical reasons but also for the fact that he's my favourite player. He's smart, skilled and you simply had no idea what he'd do next.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down