The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain?

+5
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
gowales
FerN
aucklandlaurie
Taylorman
9 posters

Go down

Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? Empty Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain?

Post by Taylorman Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:15 am

Why people dont want to watch this match?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/7312979/Poor-ticket-sales-stump-Crusaders-boss-Riach

"Last night, a staggering 8000 tickets for the capacity 21,000-seat AMI Stadium remained unsold, after the Crusaders had been playing in full houses for almost all of their regular season fixtures at the new venue. "

Why would the regular matches be almost always sold out but the semi not?

And its not as if theyre waiting for a final as the Sharks would need to be in it for that to happen.

None of the comments contained in the item really explain it for me...I mean theres less sold currently than attended the Force match last weekend...? Headscratch go figure...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? Empty Re: Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain?

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:57 am

Actually I heard a possible reason why the Cantabrians are not to keen on going to this temporary stadium, apparently it was designed by someone who is quite small and the average seat is not big enough for the an average sized males RRss.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? Empty Re: Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain?

Post by Taylorman Fri 20 Jul 2012, 4:17 am

...so thin people like regular season games and only fat people like semi- finals...makes sense...

Cheers Laurie... thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 20 Jul 2012, 4:30 am

Maybe a lot of the fat people went in and bought season tickets,which didnt include the semis??.. shucks I dunno.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 20 Jul 2012, 4:32 am

Kia...

grab a flight...you might just get back here for the Bulls match. (I hope you're not on the heavy side through all that tortilla's and sun over there).

But if not rumour has it you can have a whole stand for yourself! bring your cuzzy's from Hornby and get down and support the Saders!

Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 3933776953 Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 3933776953 Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 1347041234 Yahoo steam furious Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 3933776953 Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 1347041234 clap Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 3933776953 Yahoo thumbsup Yahoo Yahoo Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 3933776953 warning Can the good folk of Canterbury please explain? 1347041234 warning Yahoo Hug furious steam

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Fri 20 Jul 2012, 5:51 am

If they would pay for my return flight, I would happily go watch the game.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 20 Jul 2012, 7:23 am

Very peculiar this...

Maybe the Crusaders fans are just so arrogant that they are sure they will be in the final...

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:23 am

gowales wrote:Very peculiar this...

Maybe the Crusaders fans are just so arrogant that they are sure they will be in the final...

It's odd all right. I can remember people queuing overnight back in the late '90s for tickets the Crusaders' first home semi-final.

I had to ring my boss from the queue once it became obvious I wasn't going to make work on time. She said "Fine. As long as you pick me up a couple of tickets".
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

I take it in SR it's the home team that's expected to fill the stadium as the oppo fans would have to travel so far to get there?

Maybe people just can't afford it? Or perhaps it's holiday season ( I have no idea when that is in NZ btw) and a lot of potential fans are busy with family things.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:53 pm

yappysnap wrote:I take it in SR it's the home team that's expected to fill the stadium as the oppo fans would have to travel so far to get there?

Maybe people just can't afford it? Or perhaps it's holiday season ( I have no idea when that is in NZ btw) and a lot of potential fans are busy with family things.

No public hols in NZ this time of year Yappy - after Queen's Birthday weekend in early June the next Bank Hol is Labour Day in October. And a new school term started this week. The skifields are open, but that's shouldn't have a major impact.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 20 Jul 2012, 4:07 pm

If the Crusaders can't get over a certain number of tickets sold i've heard that they will have to pay for the Bulls flight and accommodation.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 20 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:..........The skifields are open, but that's shouldn't have a major impact.......
The ski fields are open.

Nice.

Cripe, twas 38° here two days ago, and was 32°-35° for a month or more.
As the Wicked Witch said: "We're melting........."
That said, today is a very Brit-like summer day, 20° and rain.

Let's hope Crusaders fill the joint. Need bodies in the seats.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 20 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
yappysnap wrote:I take it in SR it's the home team that's expected to fill the stadium as the oppo fans would have to travel so far to get there?

No public hols in NZ this time of year Yappy - after Queen's Birthday weekend in early June the next Bank Hol is Labour Day in October. And a new school term started this week. The skifields are open, but that's shouldn't have a major impact.

Fair enough I wasnt sure if the longer season may have ran into the holidays there.

Must all be saving themselves for the final then!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 21 Jul 2012, 9:27 am

It is easier over here to sell out regular season matches than it is play=off matches.

There are primarily two reasons:

1) More tickets to sell. Regular season matches have a large proportion of season ticket holders, who have to buy a ticket for play-off matches.

2) Reduced selling time. The regular season matches are set in stone early on - pre-season, so plenty of time to plan and buy. The play-off match is only decided quite late (over here in AP we have just one week between end of regular season and the play-off).

So for the last regular match at Welford Rd we have 9 months to sell 10k tickets to get a sell out. For the play-off we had 1 week to sell 24k tickets.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 21 Jul 2012, 11:15 am

Very odd. Especially as there are no more home games in the knockout phases. Truth be told I'd be keen to escape this heatwave for a bit and watch a bit of footy and go skiing in the Alps. I'm a tall lad and I eat well here Taylorman but I sweat easily and this heat sees the fat fall off like a George Foreman grill!

I really hope now the Crusaders go on to win this so they taunt the fans for not turning out for this game. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 21 Jul 2012, 7:44 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:

I really hope now the Crusaders go on to win this so they taunt the fans for not turning out for this game. Whistle

Touche!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down