The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faber vs Barao

Go down

Faber vs Barao Empty Faber vs Barao

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:46 pm

Did anybody watch the fight last night? Wasn't sure what to expect from Barao or who was favorite for this but Barao completely out fought, out muscled & outclassed Faber. Kept to his game plan & for me won all 5 rounds although all but one judge were generous to Faber. Look forward to seeing more of this guy.

Back to top Go down

Faber vs Barao Empty Re: Faber vs Barao

Post by talkingpoint Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:28 am

Personally I feared for Faber in this fight - one he gave away height and reach, two Barao had a serious amount of momentum going into this fight with the longest winning streak in UFC and three his team mate and training partner is Jose Aldo.

That being said Barao never finished the fight though I'm sure he could have done. His tactics in the last round were baffling to me - keeping a battered and sore Faber at arm's length and not going in for the kill?

I think Barao will beat Cruz, like all Brazilian champions in the UFC they are ferociously patriotic and talented. I think he will have the mental strength, momentum and skillset to beat Cruz.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:24 pm

Unbeaten in his last 31 fights, only lost his first fight? that's all I knew about him which was announced on TUF, people were saying Faber didn't look to impressed, & now I see why. What do you think of Faber? I know very little except he seems to be pretty tough & keen to fight, wrestling background? Barao's skill set plus his game plan & size was to much for Faber who to me looked extremely limited. Very much looking forward to seeing more of Barao, could be the next big star in the UFC. Agree with you on his strange tactics in the final round, a bit baffling but he got the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:47 pm

Faber said after the fight that he thought Barao broke one of his ribs in round two; that could have hampered his movement, but Barao used his reach to good advantage and of course used the inside leg kicks to good effect. However, I agree with Joe Rogan when he said in the last round that Faber should be fighting with reckless abandon, he was already losing the fight so had nothing to lose really.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down