The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portsmouth to close by 10th August if senior players don't transfer/take paycuts

+4
Crimey
cherriesfna
Marky
GSC
8 posters

Go down

Portsmouth to close by 10th August if senior players don't transfer/take paycuts Empty Portsmouth to close by 10th August if senior players don't transfer/take paycuts

Post by GSC Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Even if it happens they're pretty screwed regardless with no first team squad
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth to close by 10th August if senior players don't transfer/take paycuts Empty Re: Portsmouth to close by 10th August if senior players don't transfer/take paycuts

Post by Marky Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:12 pm

While the club deserve no sympathy, their fans do.

Royally screwed over and I hope they survive, even in the form of a side with no senior players who lose regularly, having a club like that is significantly better than no club at all.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth to close by 10th August if senior players don't transfer/take paycuts Empty Re: Portsmouth to close by 10th August if senior players don't transfer/take paycuts

Post by cherriesfna Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 am

there fans are amazing bar a few
(the guy with the bell is annoying)
the few are those who feel that the footballleague is making them suffer. OK youmay be upset but making it out to be a personal vendetta against the club is pathetic.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Two players left now.

Liam Lawrence and Tal Ben Haim.

Kanu is reportedly about to sue Portsmouth for £3 million in unpaid wages....talk about kicking them when they're down!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:26 am

the few are those who feel that the footballleague is making them suffer. OK youmay be upset but making it out to be a personal vendetta against the club is pathetic.

I'd largely agree with that sentiment. A lot of Pompey fans seem to forget the punishments handed out to Bournemouth, Leeds and Luton, which in my opinion were more excessive than what Pompey have had handed down.

I hope they survive. Rumours are that West Ham may take Ben Haim. I know Allardyce brought him to the country, so it could have some substance.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 am

Crimey wrote:Kanu is reportedly about to sue Portsmouth for £3 million in unpaid wages....talk about kicking them when they're down!

I'm not sure it is. He signed a contract, and he is owed £3m. We'd all feel the same! Portsmouth the company have brought this on themselves and need to get the consequences. It's a shame for the fans, but hopefully there's a way Portsmouth repay what they owe and the fans keep their club.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 am

Marky wrote:
Crimey wrote:Kanu is reportedly about to sue Portsmouth for £3 million in unpaid wages....talk about kicking them when they're down!

I'm not sure it is. He signed a contract, and he is owed £3m. We'd all feel the same! Portsmouth the company have brought this on themselves and need to get the consequences. It's a shame for the fans, but hopefully there's a way Portsmouth repay what they owe and the fans keep their club.

I know he's right to do it, but it is still kicking them when they're down...just a justified kick. Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:59 am

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:

I'd largely agree with that sentiment. A lot of Pompey fans seem to forget the punishments handed out to Bournemouth, Leeds and Luton, which in my opinion were more excessive than what Pompey have had handed down.

I hope they survive. Rumours are that West Ham may take Ben Haim. I know Allardyce brought him to the country, so it could have some substance.

over 2 seasons pompey have been dedeucted 20
AFCB 27
and luton wasnt it around 40!
thinks leeds 20 aswell
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:32 am

Leeds was 15
Luton was 30
Bournemouth was not enough Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:52 am

Marky wrote:Leeds was 15
Luton was 30

yet we bounced back and are now mega rich Very Happy
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Tal ben Haim has agreed to leave

Just Liam Lawrence standing between Portsmouth and survival
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
Marky wrote:Leeds was 15
Luton was 30

yet we bounced back and are now mega rich Very Happy

portsmouth were mega rich once...

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Only because they overspent heavily.

Would like Lawrence at Forest. Good wide option.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Mega wages though GSC. Like 35K a week. That is way too much for a player of Lawrence's caliber
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Hes on 20k.

Would have to halve that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:32 pm

I think all the other players to have left have accepted they arent making that kind of money anyhow
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm pretty sure Lawrence is on something like 35K a week at Pompey. Crazy money
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Ben Haim was on 36k but I heard 20k for Lawrence.

In any case he knows hes not getting more and he'll be forever villified for being the guy who killed Pompy if he doesnt leave.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Should Pompy be okay, which hopefully will be the case should Lawrence leave by tomorrow, then how on earth will they put a team together in a week? Given they haven't got a pot to pi$$ in, what sort of players will they bring in as well?

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:21 pm

The problem seems to be they have to go before the new owner can take control (again). Presumably some investment to build a squad will occur
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Lawrence has now left so it looks like Pompy survive
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:15 pm

James_182 wrote:Should Pompy be okay, which hopefully will be the case should Lawrence leave by tomorrow, then how on earth will they put a team together in a week? Given they haven't got a pot to pi$$ in, what sort of players will they bring in as well?

Once the new owner's in place, the football league should lift their transfer embargo. They've got through pre-season with trialists and youth players. They've currently got Jon Harley, Izale McLeod and Brian Howard on trial. They should be capable of doing a job in League 1.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Some not bad players named there mate, could easily do a job for them.

I rate that Mcleod, always scored wherever he has been and should get a few for Pompy if he signs.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down