The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burress to restart football career?

5 posters

Go down

Burress to restart football career? Empty Burress to restart football career?

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:53 pm

Apparently Plaxico Burress is due to get let out of prison on June 6th, three months early for "good behaviour", and, according to the news story on NFL.com his lawyer and agent say that he's looking to make a comeback, and that teams were "looking at him". After completing his sentence he will be free to sign for someone. At 33 years old, and after being out the game for a wee while can you see someone taking him on, and if he does get signed, will he make a high-profile comeback or be mostly in the background, if there is some sort of NFL season this year?
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Burress to restart football career? Empty Re: Burress to restart football career?

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:01 pm

I think teams will definitely be interested and could probably get him for a song till he proves he can still play. He's probably in reasonable shape. Probably not much for him to so except work out.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Burress to restart football career? Empty Re: Burress to restart football career?

Post by AdZacO Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

Unfortunetly can see my redskins having a shot at him. (if they do hopefully like any other team, the would give him very limited guranteed money, if not a Vet Min)

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:15 pm

I've heard the Jets and Redskins could be looking at Randy Moss, if they'd consider him is it too far fetched to suggest Burress?

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:16 pm

Jets and Moss makes sense if they let edwards go.

Redskins and Moss dont as we wont compete, he wont try, and we will pay him lots of money.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:21 pm

If he is snapped up by someone I can't see reaching anywhere near the kind of form he had before he did time. If there's no season this year I'd say he'd be more or less finished as far as the NFL is concerned.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:37 pm

If he does get picked up I can see him being on the roster but behind the scenes at a team that drafts a WR in the 1st, or maybe at St. Louis to help Bradford and the receivers in some way. His experience could help a young/inexperienced set of players..

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

As a Giants fan, I hope Plax does well. Unfortunately, my team isn't looking for a WR but the Giants owners still have a piece of their heart reserved for the guy.

With that said, if the Jets don't end up signing both Holmes and Edwards, I could see Jets GM, Mike Tannanbuam taking a risk for Plax. Another team that can use another WR is Kansas City. D. Bowe needs more help to shake off the extra coverage coming his way.

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down