The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Five Who Must Be Pushed In The Right Direction: Whichever Direction That May Be

5 posters

Go down

The Five Who Must Be Pushed In The Right Direction: Whichever Direction That May Be Empty The Five Who Must Be Pushed In The Right Direction: Whichever Direction That May Be

Post by davidemore Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

1. David Price:

I know, i know, he's relatively young in fight terms, but, the man has unbelievable ability, and has dusted all the hags and queens one could cram into a taxi cab. Must we witness any more common men being pancaked by this giant talent?

My worry is two fold with this fighter. One: In terms of age he is in his prime years. There is no way to deny this, David Price is at a great age for a boxer, so, he needs to challenge himself. He needs to really step up and take on a top 20 ranked opponent. In my opinion Audley is done, and having no doubt watched him and possibly sparred with him, a challenge David is comfortable with. This is my fear, that he is already picking fights (along with Maloney) that put him at ease. He doesn't need to be put at ease, he needs to be thrown in with a threat; like a kid with his dad at the swimming pool, reluctant to get wet... put 'em in there and see how they go, shallow end if needed. Also, how many great fighters can you name that didn't take a real fight/test in there 20s? Seriously, not that many, not that many at all.

2. Rigondeaux:

The guy is from Cuba, so we are lucky that he even made the pro ranks, but he is here now. He needs to be put in with a genuine threat. I read somewhere that he is fighting a top 50 bum soon? Come on now Top Rank, we know the formula. Build a fighter on your annual showcase card against a challenger with a decent, but not ground breaking record. Then, throw your charge a hag or two in between to keep him busy until that day when you have another fighter of the same weight class in your stable with a big enough name to cash in on. Man, it gets old, and Rigo wants a big fight, so why not make a big fight for the guy? What age is he now, 30? He needs to go and fight at the top level... NOW. Rigo uses his speed and reactions brilliantly, lets see them showcased against the elite before he turns into a "what could've been story." I will just add that Rigo wants a big fight, IMO, he is hungry for it.

3. Solis:

Fatty likes his cakes so fatty doesn't fight much. This man has (had?) the skillset to challenge anyone at HW, IMO. Fast, instinctual, smart in the ring and able to throw great counters and a fab jab. But what happened? His knee buckled from the weight of his left man boob and to the sidelines he went, strung out like a pig on a stick for an age while the rest of the HW division fought on. Get fit and fight fatty, and stop, for the love of god...

Stop eating lard directly from the packet.

4. Amir Khan:

The boy love to fight and the boy love to sleep. The ultimate romantic is Chinny, he gets in the ring and obeys the crowd, puts on a show and gives us lots of heart. But, he is getting pasted while doing it, and has been seriously hurt in several of his last fights, IMO. What worries me is he has the skills but not the smarts, and is currently guided by a trainer who more recently, chooses to teach fighting rather than boxing. Not knocking Freddie, he is a great coach, but his charge isn't showing improvement, and well, simply put, needs to before he becomes known as King Kip and not King Khan. He can come again, he's too young not to try, i just hope he takes a year of learning fights before he does. Teach this boy how to move his head Freddie! Teach him how to evade.

5. James Degale:

Something isn't right in the Warren camp. James is inactive and upset about Groves being taken on, IMO. Still, he is European Champion and has all the skills. It be lovely to see him with a new trainer, i think mouse face (no offence) has done all he can for Degale. He needs to have more poise and lure his opponents. His talent is there, his attitude (at times) stinks, but it be nice to see him fight 3 times a year and go for a world belt in 12 months. But, this can only happen if he ditches mousey, IMO.

Thoughts?

Yours Forever,

emore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

The Five Who Must Be Pushed In The Right Direction: Whichever Direction That May Be Empty Re: The Five Who Must Be Pushed In The Right Direction: Whichever Direction That May Be

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

You forgot no.6......

Davidemore..pushed in the direction of a Cliff!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Five Who Must Be Pushed In The Right Direction: Whichever Direction That May Be Empty Re: The Five Who Must Be Pushed In The Right Direction: Whichever Direction That May Be

Post by davidemore Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

Do not rile the D-Man, Truss, you're not ready for the big leagues.

You well, dear bean? Enjoying the summer? Smile

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

promoters to blame in most cases, khan and solis the exception. price needs to at least step outside the uk, but i can see him still fighting for the lonsdale in 12 months time. rigo's situation is bizarre, he obviously has the talent but how much longer can speed be your edge in a fight when he already in his 30s? does fight often either. khan is his own worst enemy and i dont think anyone will change him, still needs a change though he is becoming a easy target. and i think degale would have done great with adam booth.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:43 pm

Eddy, Booth would level out Degale, that's for sure, he wouldn't be a fan like the mouse man.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:46 pm

and hayes presence would also help him, he would be the slickest boxer or have the biggest mouth

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:59 pm

I dunno about Price, Davide, have done some research on this hungry fighter he's up against soon and reckon this hip young gunslinger may have his number.Audley Harrison his name is.A long glittering career.You heard it here first.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:55 pm

Might have his phone number, but thats about the only number he has Run

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

Cleverley could be added to this list. Stop taking the easy option and start fighting at a world class level as opposed to only talking about it. People are not avoiding you; you must earn your fights and not expect them to come beating down your door. Have the confidence in your own ability and make those fights happen.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down