The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I detest sloppy journalism...

+2
HammerofThunor
PJHolybloke
6 posters

Go down

I detest sloppy journalism... Empty I detest sloppy journalism...

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 20:10

Apparently Henson is not a publicity stunt...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19002740

...that's the most ridiculously poor spelling I've ever witnessed, I notice the journo left his/her name off it - hardly surprising really.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

I detest sloppy journalism... Empty Re: I detest sloppy journalism...

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 20:25

By G Henson

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 20:40

Yeah, cupid stunt. Rolling Eyes
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 23:21

My 1st thought when I saw the title of your OP was "Don't read the Western Mail then"

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 28 Jul 2012 - 23:56

Smirnoffpriest wrote:My 1st thought when I saw the title of your OP was "Don't read the Western Mail then"

Laugh Or that English berk Jones in the Telegraph?

Nah, just felt a bit mischievous Smirnoff, I do like your username by the way, I'm rather partial to a drop of Pierre, or Pete as I call him, as we're such good friends. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 1:46

I know, I'm just all Henson'd out and don't really want to get drawn into a discussion on him (even though I think he'd be a decent signing for LW Very Happy)

I'd much rather discuss beverages! And yes Pierre and Jack have been good friends over the years, and have warmed me up nicely on occasion. (As to my name if your wondering I used to have a penchant for dressing up as a crazed afro wearing priest when I'd spent a bit too long with Pierre - if you know what I mean). Shocked Very Happy angel

These days I'm branching out to Zybrowka vodka and Blavod as well. OK

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 12:01

PJHolybloke wrote:Apparently Henson is not a publicity stunt...

...that's the most ridiculously poor spelling I've ever witnessed, I notice the journo left his/her name off it - hardly surprising really.

Never mind the terrible spelling in the article...will you look at that hair! Shocked Gav's gone back to crap hair circa 2008. Aren't there any good barbers near London Welsh HQ? picard

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 12:36

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I know, I'm just all Henson'd out and don't really want to get drawn into a discussion on him (even though I think he'd be a decent signing for LW Very Happy)

I'd much rather discuss beverages! And yes Pierre and Jack have been good friends over the years, and have warmed me up nicely on occasion. (As to my name if your wondering I used to have a penchant for dressing up as a crazed afro wearing priest when I'd spent a bit too long with Pierre - if you know what I mean). Shocked Very Happy angel

These days I'm branching out to Zybrowka vodka and Blavod as well. OK

Ahh, Jack then - have you ever had the pleasure of the Single Barrel? It's my mate's 50th this weekend and I've bought him a cracking JD hip flask set with funnel and 2 shot glasses, I'm currently torn between a bottle of Gentleman Jack or Single Barrel to go with it. The Single Barrel is the more expensive of the two but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the better taste - I've seen conflicting comments online so if you can shed any light on the subject...

In terms of personal taste, he prefers Irish to Scotch so I guess I should go with the sweeter, smoother of the two JD's.

On the subject of Henson, I agree, a good signing for LW, a gamble which could pay off bigtime. He's definitely in the last chance saloon but at a smaller club like LW he may find his feet firmly planted for him. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes, if he at least does himself justice that would be good, he had talent in bundles and I'm pretty sure he's wasted the best years.

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 12:44

Cari wrote:

Never mind the terrible spelling in the article...will you look at that hair! Shocked Gav's gone back to crap hair circa 2008. Aren't there any good barbers near London Welsh HQ? picard

Laugh Trust you Cari to pick on his barnet, although, to be fair, you make a very good point - what is going on there? Maybe they're spending too much time in Oxford, not exactly the cutting edge of stylista, eh?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 16:56

PJ - I prefer Gentlemen Jack, but only because I've been lucky enough to have a few drinks of it, while I've only had a shot of Single Barrel, they do bring Bourbon to a whole new level and are even nicer than Makers Mark.

I'm in the same boat - ie I like Irish whisky and don't like Scotch whiskey. One thing I'd say is either Gentleman Jack or Single Barrel are too nice to get drunk on so you should have a bottle of Smirnoff or Jamesons in reserve... Very Happy

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 22:18

OK, thanks for that, I'd already ruled out the Maker's so it's a straight choice between GJ or SB, I was edging towards the SB as it was about right pricewise at £40 for a bottle, but when I read some tasting notes, GJ was surprisingly well thought of.

It's his birthday next Sunday so I've taken the precaution of booking Monday off, and worry ye not, whichever one I go for I'll be going there armed with a litre of Pete and a half-bottle of Jamesons. OK

If he even thinks of cracking his birthday bottle to share with some of the Philistines that will be there, I'll knock him spark out - birthday or not - there's two shot glasses in the set, and there's two for a reason. I've thought it all out. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 23:04

PJ Shocked - Jamesons??

There was me thinking you had taste. Whistle

Smirnoff mate, you have the spelling the wrong way round. Irish (Bushmills to be precise) is WhiskEy.
Whisky is that cooking liquid from Scotland Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 23:24

Rava wrote:PJ Shocked - Jamesons??

There was me thinking you had taste. Whistle

Smirnoff mate, you have the spelling the wrong way round. Irish (Bushmills to be precise) is WhiskEy.
Whisky is that cooking liquid top shelf medicine from Scotland Very Happy

Laugh I'm not taking Bushmills Rav, they'll all be wanting a nip and t'would be like casting pearls before swine.

I know what I'm doing, I want to try a posh bourbon, even though they call it whiskey, we know it isn't but it doesn't stop my sense of adventure. So what better way than to buy me mate a bottle for his fiftieth along with a hip-flask and two shot glasses, and help him drink it when everyone else has fecked off home. OK

Oh yes, PJ is on his game, never fear.

Fixed that for you BTW. Hug
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 10:21

Ah of course Rava, I knew I should have checked which way round they were (or just used the Welsh language word whisgi), I suppose what with drinking too much of it, it's easy to get confused Very Happy

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 12:25

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Ah of course Rava, I knew I should have checked which way round they were (or just used the Welsh language word whisgi), I suppose what with drinking too much of it, it's easy to get confused Very Happy

thumbsup Smirnoff. Penfro has promised some whisgi when I get to visit for an Ulster game Whisky

PJ, sounds like you have it all sorted. Absolutely nothing wrong with helping out a mate. Even better if there is booze involved Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 12:57

Is it Penderyn?

It's quite nice though I do prefer Irish whiskey or at least Jamesons. (then again my main tipples are Bourbon, Vodka and Havanna Club/carribean dark rum in that order

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 14:15

I read that article looking for bad spelling. Doh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 17:15

I thought I might get someone in the net Lucky, can't believe it was you bud. Rolling Eyes
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012 - 21:47

My pedant-ennae perked up when I read 'sloppy journalism' and I walked right into it. Easy prey!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down