The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst World Cup piece of Journalism

+8
No 7&1/2
Gooseberry
rainbow-warrior
Pot Hale
SecretFly
InjuredYetAgain
Blueschief
12 posters

Go down

Worst World Cup piece of Journalism Empty Worst World Cup piece of Journalism

Post by 123456789 Sat 26 Sep 2015, 7:59 pm

With potentially the highest concentration of rugby experts on the internet I feel we are uniquely placed to asses the worst and least knowledgeable pieces of shoite located in the rugby section of newspapers and websites. So far my favourites have been the generic "we aim to win" interviews by players preceding the games and then the World Cup best beards article on the BBC and the Scotsman's ability to bleed two articles not only from an interview but sometimes even from a single quote.

Back to top Go down

Worst World Cup piece of Journalism Empty Re: Worst World Cup piece of Journalism

Post by Blueschief Sat 26 Sep 2015, 11:56 pm

Any of the Wales Online rugby journalists should be included in this, especially Andy Bowel

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Worst World Cup piece of Journalism Empty Re: Worst World Cup piece of Journalism

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sun 27 Sep 2015, 8:15 pm

Anything written by Ian Morrison or Alan Massie (or, more likely, a 10 year old rugby-hating relative of those two). Those guys are just so negative about Scottish rugby - ok, thereis a lot to be negative about but to be consistently down on Edinburgh and Glasgow gets incredibly r
tedious.
On the wider picture, interviews and quotes seem to come from the same folk e.g. Josh Strauss gets a disproportionate amount on column inches. I would have thought that countries would be told who to make available?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 27 Sep 2015, 11:13 pm

Walesonline. Not so much the articles...the filling of webspace with links to the same article. Headline article is the very same as three or four articles filed beneath it. And then go to the side panels, the same article again - a few times.

How many times do we have to see a link to a certain article on the one page before they realise we're not falling for the buzz that "there are bundles of articles to read here if you stay long enough."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 28 Sep 2015, 1:18 am

SecretFly wrote:Walesonline.  Not so much the articles...the filling of webspace with links to the same article.  Headline article is the very same as three or four articles filed beneath it.  And then go to the side panels, the same article again - a few times.

How many times do we have to see a link to a certain article on the one page before they realise we're not falling for the buzz that "there are bundles of articles to read here if you stay long enough."

Hmmmm... Secret Fly accidentally discloses that he reads Wales Online.

Haven't heard from Chunky Norwich in a while.....

Hmmm.... could they be one and the same person...?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Sep 2015, 9:36 am

Whistle Someone close to blowing my cover.....................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 28 Sep 2015, 9:57 am

Any BS coming out of New Zealand. Their constant ignorance of any NH team other than england and france astonishes me. Apparently this was historic for Wales! Er no NZ it was not. The history book is there for all to see in respect of Wales v England games and how close it is FFS. It's not only the main media in NZ either, some numpty from the Taranaki Daily bollox paper thinks that Wales are not deserving.

NZ media and most fans have no clue about Union outside NZ never mind the SH and god forbid the NH.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:01 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:Any BS coming out of New Zealand.  Their constant ignorance of any NH team other than england and france astonishes me.  Apparently this was historic for Wales! Er no NZ it was not.  The history book is there for all to see in respect of Wales v England games and how close it is FFS.  It's not only the main media in NZ either, some numpty from the Taranaki Daily bollox paper thinks that Wales are not deserving.  

NZ media and most fans have no clue about Union outside NZ never mind the SH and god forbid the NH.

LOL on the commentary did manage to say " This is the most importnat game between these two teams since the last time they met"

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:07 am

Throw in BOD as well there rainbow. I believe his comment was daylight robbery.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:08 am

Spiro Zavos won this award quite early.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/09/18/spiro-will-england-helped-win-world-cup-local-fifth-columnists/

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/09/20/spiro-england-begin-world-cup-with-a-bonus-point-whimper/

I'm sure he's capable of topping either of those before the tournament finishes, but I doubt anyone else will come close.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:55 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:Any BS coming out of New Zealand.  Their constant ignorance of any NH team other than england and france astonishes me.  Apparently this was historic for Wales! Er no NZ it was not.  The history book is there for all to see in respect of Wales v England games and how close it is FFS.  It's not only the main media in NZ either, some numpty from the Taranaki Daily bollox paper thinks that Wales are not deserving.  

This made me chuckle. Now the press speaks on behalf of all NZers...

To enlighten you rainbow-warrior, the UK press and media are wondering if this is Wales' greatest victory over England.

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:16 am

Anything in the Times. Thankfully the paywall has saved me from Stephen Jones-itis.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:19 am

chewed_mintie wrote:

This made me chuckle.  Now the press speaks on behalf of all NZers...

To enlighten you rainbow-warrior, the UK press and media are wondering if this is Wales' greatest victory over England.

I live in NZ you div. I hear the NZ news and read the NZ media. Really not concerned about the media in the UK we know it is controlled by London and imagine the Sunday papers were 6 pages short after Wales stuffing up the invincible English.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:33 am

blackcanelion wrote:Anything in the Times. Thankfully the paywall has saved me from Stephen Jones-itis.

Well I think he'd be furious that his lads didn't go for the kick at the end.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:37 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:

I live in NZ you div.  I hear the NZ news and read the NZ media.  Really not concerned about the media in the UK we know it is controlled by London and imagine the Sunday papers were 6 pages short after Wales stuffing up the invincible English.  

I realise this, you can tell by all the anti-NZ vitriol you usually spit out. There's no need to resort to childish name calling though, unless maybe you're a keyboard warrior?

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 11:41 am

I miss Stephen Jones. But we have Mark Reason now. A poor mans Jones it has to be said. People don't even read his articles but jump straight to the comments section to take the mickey out of him. He's from England and he is not very good. Actually he's terrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 28 Sep 2015, 12:15 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:

I live in NZ you div.  I hear the NZ news and read the NZ media.  Really not concerned about the media in the UK we know it is controlled by London and imagine the Sunday papers were 6 pages short after Wales stuffing up the invincible English.  

I realise this, you can tell by all the anti-NZ vitriol you usually spit out.  There's no need to resort to childish name calling though, unless maybe you're a keyboard warrior?

Now now, unless you actually have the evidence to tell me I am wrong in my estimation of Kiwi media you should just shut up Smile In fact tonight there was such a serious item on Seven Sharp with the HATE'O'METER and who NZ'ers hated the most...england or Australia. My vitrol is against people like you who think you know it all (a bit like NZ media) but know nothing.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 28 Sep 2015, 12:33 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:

I realise this, you can tell by all the anti-NZ vitriol you usually spit out.  There's no need to resort to childish name calling though, unless maybe you're a keyboard warrior?

Now now, unless you actually have the evidence to tell me I am wrong in my estimation of Kiwi media you should just shut up Smile  In fact tonight there was such a serious item on Seven Sharp with the HATE'O'METER and who NZ'ers hated the most...england or Australia.  My vitrol is against people like you who think you know it all (a bit like NZ media) but know nothing.

I don't doubt what you say about the NZ media, I wasn't questioning it at all.  But you allow yourself to get all hot and bothered over what a few articles say (or don't say) in the media.  So bloody what?  I bet you get agitated over a Chris Rattue 'story' but applaud inwardly with every word Mark Reason commits to paper.  I couldn't give a stuff what anyone in any country writes but I take umbrage with you saying that every NZ supporter believes it also.  No, they don't...and guess what - you haven't asked all of them either so don't pretend to know what every kiwi rugby fan is thinking.

At least you've admitted to your vitriol.  Small steps and all that..... clap

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 28 Sep 2015, 1:47 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:

Now now, unless you actually have the evidence to tell me I am wrong in my estimation of Kiwi media you should just shut up Smile  In fact tonight there was such a serious item on Seven Sharp with the HATE'O'METER and who NZ'ers hated the most...england or Australia.  My vitrol is against people like you who think you know it all (a bit like NZ media) but know nothing.

I don't doubt what you say about the NZ media, I wasn't questioning it at all.  But you allow yourself to get all hot and bothered over what a few articles say (or don't say) in the media.  So bloody what?  I bet you get agitated over a Chris Rattue 'story' but applaud inwardly with every word Mark Reason commits to paper.  I couldn't give a stuff what anyone in any country writes but I take umbrage with you saying that every NZ supporter believes it also.  No, they don't...and guess what - you haven't asked all of them either so don't pretend to know what every kiwi rugby fan is thinking.

At least you've admitted to your vitriol.  Small steps and all that..... clap

Most of you are like sheep pal. Like the time Ted failed in 2007, you all stood behind the media and shouted that he should be sacked ..... or shall we say the vast majority of kiwis did. Pages of slating Ted in the press, constant jibes by the zombies that host the News and other topical programmes. Unfortunately NZ'ers are like American's, no minds of your own for the most.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 28 Sep 2015, 2:03 pm

See, there you go lumping everyone together again.  You don’t speak for me or any other person in NZ.  You can try and insult kiwis all you want to suit your own agenda but you just look sad doing it picard

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 28 Sep 2015, 3:09 pm

RW, if New Zealanders rile you so much, why did you move there?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down