The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby World Cup and the Great Journalism Joke - Why Should You Care What Football Writers Think?

3 posters

Go down

Rugby World Cup and the Great Journalism Joke - Why Should You Care What Football Writers Think? Empty Rugby World Cup and the Great Journalism Joke - Why Should You Care What Football Writers Think?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 26 Oct 2015, 2:10 pm

Afternoon all.

Don't come here much other than to check out why my report alert won't shut up, but I've found something really annoying during this World Cup. Its a real nothing to normal people, but I wanted to see if any of you lot noticed it or have an opinion:

Why should you care what football writers think about the rugby?

What I mean by this is that it seems to me that guys like Henry Winter and a few other examples in the media have spent this World Cup pretending they are rugby aficionados. Whilst I'm sure many of them are fans, why do they suddenly get to take on the best stories or the best matches when every other day of the past 4 years they have been almost exclusively football journalists? Is it annoying to see the usual experts deemed less than the football guys?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup and the Great Journalism Joke - Why Should You Care What Football Writers Think? Empty Re: Rugby World Cup and the Great Journalism Joke - Why Should You Care What Football Writers Think?

Post by RubyGuby Mon 26 Oct 2015, 2:38 pm

Its called being part of the Journalistic "establishment" Dolphin. When the public school boys write for a particular paper and sport they are given carte blanche authority which entitles them to perceived wisdom and insight on all sports and beyond. The irony is that they also know feck all about football. Watch them on a Sunday morning discussion show and its like the Famous Five have become adults and watched a game for the first time with lashings of ginger beer. Welcome to good old blighty eh!

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup and the Great Journalism Joke - Why Should You Care What Football Writers Think? Empty Re: Rugby World Cup and the Great Journalism Joke - Why Should You Care What Football Writers Think?

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 26 Oct 2015, 3:43 pm

Who is Henry Winter?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 26 Oct 2015, 3:47 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Who is Henry Winter?

Exactly
thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down