The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers News Part 2

+12
Kay Fabe
JAS
RDuncan8
The Real Jambo
The Galveston Giant
Kingshu
Doon the Water
Crimey
RinoGattuso
Adam D
Ayrshirebhoy
Nay
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rangers News Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Rangers News Part 2

Post by Nay Sun 29 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

First topic message reminder :

Updates on Rangers Transfer news.

Original can be found here: https://www.606v2.com/t11558-rangers-news

Nay

Back to top Go down

Rangers News Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rangers News Part 2

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:05 pm

RDuncan8 wrote:I don't like that they've cheated other clubs

Excuse me?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:29 pm

You can gloss over it all you like, it's cheating. There may be some legal loophole but morally it's cheating. All those players aren't gonna give back all that money are they? Hopefully HMRC's appeal comes through as the decision was not unanimous.

Doesn't really matter now anyway... your already dead! Laugh

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:03 pm

Yeah but at the end of the day Duncan no-one really gives a flying one what you think. When was the last time somebody actually agreed or backed up anything you've said on this thread???

Everybody else has moved on, your record needle is still stuck on "they cheated they cheated, they cheated" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:02 am

Bitterweet for Rangers fans really, its vindication for the fans but the club died needlessly AND more importantly side letters have been proven which means there is now definitive proof in the quest to strip titles and cups.

I take it the hatred for Craig Whyte will multiply by a million now

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:35 am

Don't think there's any sweet there KF, I used to ask the question during administration when liquidation began to look likely...but what if the "big tax case" comes back Not Guilty? And the only answers I ever got were..
But it won't or Not gonna happen.

I think it's been a monumental stitch up I.e. delaying this verdict until after the possibility of coming out of administration via a cva. But that's life, at the end of the day there are far more important thing in life to be happy or upset about.

As for Craig Shyte, i think he was the scapegoat but even so I think he'll need his own private prison wing and an identity change. If they had a mayor of Govan election i wouldn't advise him to stand!!

You boys were unlucky not to get something out the game last night, still got to fancy your chances of going through though.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:10 am

I think Whyte went in there with the intentions of being the scapegoat, take the flak and syphon off the cash to his other business however I only feel that was the plan because the big tax case was looming over the club and whoever was advising him clearly felt the case wouldn't go in Rangers favour, its vindication for the fans but like you say its got no real benefit now

I was at the game last night, not really sure we were unlucky as such, I felt we went there far to cautiously, every away game we've won in Europe this season we started with Commons/Samaras/Hooper but last night we went with two rigid banks of 4 with Hooper and Samaras switching from time to time, felt we stood off Benfica too much, we coulda lost 10 nil last night and still been favourites to go through on the last game, I felt we could have been a wee bit more positive, still, with the European campaign we've had so far it feels harsh to complain

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 28 Feb 2013, 7:34 am

Rangers to be fined 250k but won't be stripped of titles for financial irregularities

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 28 Feb 2013, 7:48 am

Sounds like they just decided the SPL title was too worthless to bother collecting
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:33 am

Jeez talk about tumbleweed...first posts on the thread since November.

So...since the big hullabaloo and all the optimism from the anti Rangers brigade that Scottish football would at last become more competitive what have we got??

An SPL...over before Febuary's out and a 3rd Division much the same. Even QoS have joined the party running away with the 2nd. Morton must feel a bit inadequate with a mere 7 point lead.

Good job...all set up for an exciting run in then?? The trickiest bet would appear to be predicting whether or not Hearts will stay in business :-/. still, it's what the majority wanted.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:57 am

Jas I don't think anyone believed any team other than Celtic would win the title however the league is far more competitive than its been for years outwith a serious title contender, how many Scottish clubs have finished second outside of the Old Firm in the last 25 years? Not many but look at how close it is this season, one of 7 clubs could easily finish 2nd, I believe that's quite refreshing, some of the football that's been played has been excellent.

I think you'll find most teams fans will be very happy with how the season has went so far, those who aren't happy (mainly Hearts) aren't upset with how uncompetitive the league is, its because they've been dreadful

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:50 pm

It's a good news day

Rangers Football Club today announced a new five-year kit deal with leading SportsLifestyle brand who will become the official supplier and licensee of replica merchandise for the club.

The agreement which will commence at the start of Season 2013/14 will see Rangers wearing the PUMA brand on all of the club's team kit, replica kit, training wear and equipment.

The partnership with PUMA complements the club's joint venture with retail giants Sports Direct.

Rangers Chief Executive Charles Green commented: “We are delighted to announce this partnership with PUMA, who are one of the world’s iconic lifestyle brands.

“Rangers and PUMA are massive global brands and this relationship will undoubtedly improve the distribution of Club merchandise in the UK and overseas.

“PUMA are renowned for their technical innovation and expertise in product design and support systems and we look forward to enjoying a productive and successful partnership over the next five years.”

Tony Ward, Managing Director, PUMA UKIB, added: “Rangers Football Club is an iconic club with a rich history. When the opportunity arose to develop a technical partnership with Rangers, we were delighted to reach agreement with the club.

"We are extremely proud to be associated with the club, and look forward to providing technical and training wear for Rangers Football Club.”

READ more on the club website here: http://bit.ly/Y2pGYq

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:55 am

The league is closer because the bigger teams who used to fight for third fourth etc are struggling, not because Rangers got the bullet.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:58 am

I just wonder how long it'll be before the lack of serious competition grinds Celtic down. Granted they've had a good effort in Europe this year until the Juve game so i can understand some degree of optimism. Do they get group stage entry every year for the foreseeable? If so then fair enough but if they don't then the qualifiers could be traumatic for them.

As for the likes of Motherwell & Caley in CL qualifiers, in the best interests of Scottish football I hope my pessimism is unfounded/misplaced but I think the risk of embarrassing humping is quite high. Scotland coefficient is almost totally reliant on Celtic repeating or bettering this years European adventure.

Of course thinking ahead is never at the forefront of the minds of those who relish "bayoneting the wounded" Wink Those that pre judge and assume guilt before proper investigations, fair trials and the like. Still...at least it was all done in the name of integrity eh!!...so that's ok then.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:15 am

That's good news on the Puma deal Heel, good to see big global brands still interested.

I'll ask it before someone else does.....Does anyone else see the irony that Puma's most famous golf "clothes horse" turns out in bright orange on a regular basis. How long before he's accused of being sectarian? Laugh Laugh

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Fri 17 May 2013, 5:37 pm

So how are rangers fans feeling these days? Are yous in a happier place now than a year ago or is there still threats? I heard Walter smith is thinking of walking away from the board which wouldn't be too good.

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 22 May 2013, 9:38 am

Just to remind everyone that Celtic dropped 28 points to the other SPL teams.

There was certainly a lot more interest in this years league that of late.
Some good exciting youngsters finding their feet as well.
Celtic did not romp the league as everyone expected.
Great to see some good football and a more balanced league.
I think the attendances were up in the early days, not sure how they finished.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 May 2013, 10:50 am

Celtic actually dropped 35 points Doon...onto Rangers though has anyone been following the @charlottefakes account on Twitter?...some truly incredible documents being posted on it by this account who is clearly connected to Craig Whyte, my Rangers daft pal who's also a lasyer saidd to me that if these documents are legit then his real fear is insolvency

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun 26 May 2013, 2:07 pm

Fine win by Celtic in the cup. Some quality fitba.
If Lennon can keep that team together they should do well in Europe next year.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:10 pm

I feel so bad for Coisty, he was the apprentice under Walter then when he got his chance he was under the biggest farce in the clubs history. An absolute disgrace that a club legend like super Ally has been subjected to this, Rangers are the no.1 club in Scotland and the way his time has been at the club has been disgraceful. When i was a wee boy i remember staying up with my Dad watching them in the CL completely outplaying Bayern over two games (but for seeding good enough for the minimum last 8) hammering PSV, Sturm Graz,Monaco. Beating Parma with Cannavaro, Buffon,Verson, Ortega,Chiesa,Crespo, Thuram etc in the CL qualifiers, the ownership of the club has been a complete disgrace. Rangers has the 12th biggest worlwide fanbase and the way they have been run is beyond a disgrace.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:11 pm

I feel so bad for Coisty, he was the apprentice under Walter then when he got his chance he was under the biggest farce in the clubs history. An absolute disgrace that a club legend like super Ally has been subjected to this, Rangers are the no.1 club in Scotland and the way his time has been at the club has been disgraceful. When i was a wee boy i remember staying up with my Dad watching them in the CL completely outplaying Bayern over two games (but for seeding good enough for the minimum last 8) hammering PSV, Sturm Graz,Monaco. Beating Parma with Cannavaro, Buffon,Verson, Ortega,Chiesa,Crespo, Thuram etc in the CL qualifiers, the ownership of the club has been a complete disgrace. Rangers has the 12th biggest worlwide fanbase and the way they have been run is beyond a joke.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3