The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympics Day 6

+19
ryan86
allyt2k
andyi
Leff
EnglishReign
eirebilly
mystiroakey
bluestonevedder
dummy_half
djlovesyou
sugarNspikes
Thomond
maestegmafia
alfie
TopHat24/7
GSC
Duty281
Crimey
Dave.
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Olympics Day 6 - Page 5 Empty Olympics Day 6

Post by Dave. Thu 02 Aug 2012, 8:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Day 6 of the Olympics has just kicked off. Action in the velodrome begins today, can we continue the gold rush?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Olympics Day 6 - Page 5 Empty Re: Olympics Day 6

Post by mystiroakey Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm

We have some proper fit hocky players!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:41 pm

I reckon this is just me, but I find girls wearing gumshields sexy. Combine with the hockey kit and it's a killer.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:42 pm

djlovesyou wrote:I reckon this is just me, but I find girls wearing gumshields sexy. Combine with the hockey kit and it's a killer.

Have you been bit before, safety first Wink Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:47 pm

Now that's a disappointment. I was gearing up for the volleyball thinking it was the women's team and now I realise that it's actually the men.

Was quite looking forward to a nice relaxed evening with a beer and an hour or so of Ciara Michel. I like tall women too, haha.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:55 pm

The basketball was something else- we got 3 3 pointers in the last 40 secs but lost out by 1pt to the number 2 ranked team spain!

we scored 30-19 last quarter!

played really well- but no cigar

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

Duty281 wrote:Fran Halsall comes 6th but she swam very well. Not much in it from 2nd to 7th I think.

I don't follow swimming much apart from when the Commonwealth or the Olympics are on. Anyway, I have found that it really Isn't fair that someone as small as Fran Halsall has to compete against other swimmers who are physically much bigger and stronger than herself. The same situation also applies in the men's swimming events where guys like Phelps, and especially Ryan Lochte are massive and huge with big wide shoulders and chests when compared to many of our own swimmers like Tancock, Renwick, Carry etc.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:32 pm

not fair lol gb dude. thats the way it is- up to us to get our rugby players into the sport then- surely

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:38 pm

mystiroakey wrote:not fair lol gb dude. thats the way it is- up to us to get our rugby players into the sport then- surely

In rugby terms, it is like the unfairness that the Japanese rugby team have faced in the Rugby World Cup, where they have played against teams like England or Australia or France or South Africa, all of which have gigantic massive forwards of 6ft 6/6ft 8 plus compared to the Japanese who can only provide forwards of 5ft 11-6ft 2 to compete against them. So therefore, until we can produce swimmers who are physically as huge and as massive as Phelps and Lochte, we will continue to struggle to win Gold medals in the swimming events.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:20 pm

its the way sport goes mate- nothing unfair about it. however somonans and tongans make us look like japanese on the rugby field. maybe the japanese need to use there summo lads instead\!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:25 pm

Hindes, the "German" cycling on the Gold Medal winning GB Team has just admitted live on TV that he threw himself off the bike in qualifying so that they could go again.............the judges ruled it "mechanical failure"...........Hoy & Kenny looked highly uncomfortable with him admitting this.................if this Gold Medal is allowed stand, surely it is forever tainted.......................

Gabby logan, the presenter, put it down to the "German National's" words beinng "lost in translation"...................seemed pretty clear to me what he was saying............................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:31 pm

One of your Rugby players at the Olympics the other day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqjS5a-QPq8

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:37 pm

John Cregan wrote:Hindes, the "German" cycling on the Gold Medal winning GB Team has just admitted live on TV that he threw himself off the bike in qualifying so that they could go again.............the judges ruled it "mechanical failure"...........Hoy & Kenny looked highly uncomfortable with him admitting this.................if this Gold Medal is allowed stand, surely it is forever tainted.......................

Gabby logan, the presenter, put it down to the "German National's" words beinng "lost in translation"...................seemed pretty clear to me what he was saying............................

seriouis

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:42 pm

He said that...........im getting conflicting reports on the net......the Guardian Report says it is accepted practice to throw yourself off if you havent started well.............. BBC Sport says it has to be "mechanical failure" .................

Not sure what the rule is or what "mechaniical failure " is....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:02 am

John Cregan wrote:Hindes, the "German" cycling on the Gold Medal winning GB Team has just admitted live on TV that he threw himself off the bike in qualifying so that they could go again.............the judges ruled it "mechanical failure"...........Hoy & Kenny looked highly uncomfortable with him admitting this.................if this Gold Medal is allowed stand, surely it is forever tainted.......................

Ahh so Hindes is the Kevin Pietersen of Cycling!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:05 am

one of them things. just bad timing, they all do it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:56 am

mystiroakey wrote:The basketball was something else- we got 3 3 pointers in the last 40 secs but lost out by 1pt to the number 2 ranked team spain!

GB weren't really in the game until late on. An odd strategy which relied heavily on WAY-outside shooting (a lot of 3 point attempts), but they nearly pulled it off against one of the best teams in the world (Spain).

The US v Nigeria game was quite incredible. Olympic record high score, something like 156-73 - an 80+ point blowout of nuclear holocaust proportions. 150 sounds like a stupid number for an NBA game, so it seems utterly ridiculous for the shorter Olympic format (10 as opposed to 12 min quarters).

Considering that (a) the US were missing a number of star names due to injury (Wade, Howard, Rose in particular) and (b) the 2 marquee names on the team (James and Bryant) sat out the 2nd half of the game entirely, what happened this evening suggests that they might as well cancel the competition and hand over gold, silver and bronze to the Americans.

No idea whether Nigeria are any good or not, because the US basically didn't let them play - so strong at both ends of the court (but perhaps the offence was more eye-catching - Carmelo Anthony went something like 10 / 12 from 3 point range, and there quite a few dunks/alley oop moves when the result was beyond doubt [i.e. from the beginning of 2nd half]).

Pleased to have been there to see it.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:06 am

Skydriver wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:The basketball was something else- we got 3 3 pointers in the last 40 secs but lost out by 1pt to the number 2 ranked team spain!

GB weren't really in the game until late on. An odd strategy which relied heavily on WAY-outside shooting (a lot of 3 point attempts), but they nearly pulled it off against one of the best teams in the world (Spain).

The US v Nigeria game was quite incredible. Olympic record high score, something like 156-73 - an 80+ point blowout of nuclear holocaust proportions. 150 sounds like a stupid number for an NBA game, so it seems utterly ridiculous for the shorter Olympic format (10 as opposed to 12 min quarters).

Considering that (a) the US were missing a number of star names due to injury (Wade, Howard, Rose in particular) and (b) the 2 marquee names on the team (James and Bryant) sat out the 2nd half of the game entirely, what happened this evening suggests that they might as well cancel the competition and hand over gold, silver and bronze to the Americans.

No idea whether Nigeria are any good or not, because the US basically didn't let them play - so strong at both ends of the court (but perhaps the offence was more eye-catching - Carmelo Anthony went something like 10 / 12 from 3 point range, and there quite a few dunks/alley oop moves when the result was beyond doubt [i.e. from the beginning of 2nd half]).

Pleased to have been there to see it.

Well if I remember correctly, I did hear one of the commentators prior to the start of the USA V Nigeria match saying that as many as 9 of the Nigeria players have played in the college system in the USA, so therefore the match was unofficially like that of a USA A Team V USA B Team.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

You were they sky- nice one!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5