The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA in Exercise and Sport (Rugby) Carlow IT

3 posters

Go down

BA in Exercise and Sport (Rugby) Carlow IT Empty BA in Exercise and Sport (Rugby) Carlow IT

Post by Submachine Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:23 pm

I know two lads waiting for their leaving cert results who have applied for this course. It's a 3 year BA which focuses on promising players whilst giving them skills in coaching, player management, business, physiology, marketing and administration. The idea is that these guys will go on to become the leaders in their chosen facet of rugby in Ireland for the future.

My question is, does anyone know of any graduates from this course who are currently operating at a high level of the game in Ireland? I know of one guy who dropped out because the social scene in Carlow was too much for him and he went off the rails.

Are there any equivalent courses in other colleges in Ireland?

What about England, Scotland and Wales? Is there a similar route for a rugby specific qualification and have there been many success stories from it?

Link http://www.itcarlow.ie/study-at-itc/business-humanities/sport-media-marketing/cw817.htm

Submachine

Back to top Go down

BA in Exercise and Sport (Rugby) Carlow IT Empty Re: BA in Exercise and Sport (Rugby) Carlow IT

Post by Mickado Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:59 pm

I know that all or most of the Leinster academy are studying in UCD for a diploma or ordinary degree in something similar. I can't seem to find anything online about it though, i'll post on here if i find it.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

BA in Exercise and Sport (Rugby) Carlow IT Empty Re: BA in Exercise and Sport (Rugby) Carlow IT

Post by Mickado Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:01 pm

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/24883.php

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:02 pm

The social scene in Carlow being too much? I never knew they were that mad down there! Know little about the course but sounds interesting, does it take a lot of points? There's sports and Leisure Management in CIT which sounds pretty similar to this.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:06 pm

Carlow has a savage social scene T, I know people who went there, said it was insane.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:08 pm

From what I've heard Carlow can debauche with the best of them. The guys siad it was 280 points with an interview and a skills based appraisal. As far as I know it's been running for a number of years now. Just wondering if there have been any success stories.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:11 pm

Jaysus I'm a bit surprised at that, stereotypes be damned!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down