The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What tablet do you watch BT sport (rugby) on?

+7
emack2
little_badger
Ozzy3213
mystiroakey
Submachine
Luckless Pedestrian
Scrumpy
11 posters

Go down

What tablet do you watch BT sport (rugby) on? Empty What tablet do you watch BT sport (rugby) on?

Post by Scrumpy Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm thinking of buying a tablet to watch rugby on using the BT sport app for when I'm out and about or at a local game, any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Cheers
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

What tablet do you watch BT sport (rugby) on? Empty Re: What tablet do you watch BT sport (rugby) on?

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 am

It depends what you're after. I'd always go for hallucinogens, but you might prefer a Mogadon.

PM me if you want to talk prices. (JOKE!)

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

What tablet do you watch BT sport (rugby) on? Empty Re: What tablet do you watch BT sport (rugby) on?

Post by Submachine Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 am

Don't you mean YOKES?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:26 am

I use an iPad mini . But the nexus is the best value for money.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:49 am

I have the Samsung Galaxy tab and the BT Sport app works really well on there. Have watched loads of the televised games on it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by little_badger Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 am

Google Nexus 10, good tablet, lovely screen. Bear in mind sky go does not yet support it.

BT sport app works well, come on sky sort your life out over android!

little_badger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:30 am

that's why i use my ipad mini Badger. I agree with you SKY need to sort out the android support

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:53 am

Whats a Tablet?only use Hallucigenics myself:yahoo: 

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 am

A good smartphone might be an option to consider. But beware of monthly charges, some are mahusive for what you get.

(If you are new to phones on contract, check how much data you get. Remember it charges tear inducing amounts if you go abroad. You'll probably want "unlimited data" for video. And if you go in store they will con you into something you don't need that's more expensive. Be vigilant and don't be fooled into buying the Phil Godman of the tablets)

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Sky are on android...I have a samsung galaxy phone and have the SkyGo app.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:58 am

There's only 1 Tablet that works without any techie knowledge required, and that's the iPad. I use the iPad mini, which is great, but an 10" iPad screen is better but not as portable. The mini, can be a little small for some web pages (this site for instance) unless you zoom around.

The iPad is more expensive though, so if budget is an issue, then a good Android is an option. Good one, like Nexus or Samsung, but avoid at all cost the cheaper "Chinese" imports, as they are cheap, but seldom have apps that are fully compatible and browsing is bad, with many many systems hangs in front of you. If you are technically savvy, you may say the Android, as most techies prefer the Android to the iPad, but that is because they can "root" an Android device, get into its guts and play about. (I did that... ). The problem here though, is the openness of the Android that allows this technical freedom is also its downfall with compatibility, and hence loads of apps just don't work or hang. That is where the iPad, which is locked down, has the advantage if you just want it to work, as it does... Ok, you will get some iPad apps that crash, but none that are worth having. Also why the Sky app doesn't run on Android, because there are so many variants, where on iPad they only have to support one.

The choice of which, is a preference thing, but I hope the little above gives a bit more info to make an informed choice.

MS Surface, jury is still out, but from my experience with Windows 8 on a laptop, I wouldn't go down this route, as for its price, better off with an iPad.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:59 am

gcBlues wrote:Sky are on android...I have a samsung galaxy phone and have the SkyGo app.

Not 100% true... It will depend on your device. I think it works on a Samsung but not on Nexus (and other Android devices) without rooting it...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:03 am

Nematode wrote:A good smartphone might be an option to consider. But beware of monthly charges, some are mahusive for what you get.

(If you are new to phones on contract, check how much data you get. Remember it charges tear inducing amounts if you go abroad. You'll probably want "unlimited data" for video. And if you go in store they will con you into something you don't need that's more expensive. Be vigilant and don't be fooled into buying the Phil Godman of the tablets)

An option, but DO NOT stream video through 3G or 4G unless you have unlimited data allowance, and then check what is meant by UNLIMITED, as on a mobile contract UNLIMITED seldom means the same as your Broadband contract, and you could find yourself with a charge, or disconnected under a "fair use" policy... If streaming use a HotSpot or Wifi connection, wherever possible. If you have BT sports (as suggested you want a tablet for), you probably have BT Broadband, and hence access to their national Hotspots...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 pm

I've got a 3rd generation iPad which works perfectly, you could always look at getting a pre-owned iPad.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down