The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whatever happened to the PriceWaterhouseCooper report?

+16
munkian
red_stag
BigTrevsbigmac
LordDowlais
Swperb
HammerofThunor
beshocked
ScarletSpiderman
MonkeyOwain12
Casartelli
glamorganalun
Morgannwg
thebluesmancometh
gowales
maestegmafia
Kingshu
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whatever happened to the PriceWaterhouseCooper report? - Page 2 Empty Whatever happened to the PriceWaterhouseCooper report?

Post by Kingshu Sat 4 Aug - 13:17

First topic message reminder :

This report was due in May/June but I haven't heard anything about is findings?

The regions and WRU are making changes but is this in responce to this, or has it been swept under the carpet.

It was supposed to look into the regions financial vialibity, if bounders needed changed, the whole regional set up etc etc

Anyone got any news?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to the PriceWaterhouseCooper report? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whatever happened to the PriceWaterhouseCooper report?

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 10:25

I was of the opinion that all season ticket sales have increased for this coming season, or are the regions telling us porkies.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to the PriceWaterhouseCooper report? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whatever happened to the PriceWaterhouseCooper report?

Post by red_stag Thu 30 Aug - 10:29

LordDowlais, the Ospreys are doing Buy 1 Get 1 Free on season tickets so if they sell 5,000 season tickets then they can say that they have sold 10,000.

This will "boost" official attendances
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 10:51

red_stag wrote:LordDowlais, the Ospreys are doing Buy 1 Get 1 Free on season tickets so if they sell 5,000 season tickets then they can say that they have sold 10,000.

Yes I know what the Ospreys have done, but all the regions are claiming that they have made increases, also the Ospreys have said that they have sold over 8000 individual tickets so that must mean at least a potential 16000 people to come to their games, so whats going on ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Aug - 10:55

Dragons have unofficially stated they have sold considerably more season tickets than last season. And that includes mine , can't wait for Friday Yahoo
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug - 11:19

munkian wrote:Dragons have unofficially stated they have sold considerably more season tickets than last season. And that includes mine , can't wait for Friday Yahoo

Ditto. Though I'll say can't wait till tomorrow, as it sounds closer Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 30 Aug - 11:25

From the oustide looking in the Dragons and Scarlets look to have the best fans by a long shot.

Ospreys seem to be handing out free tickets to compete with Swansea Football Club and I think the Cardiff Blues fans are probably the least supportive fans I have ever seen refusing to support the team because it wasnt in Arms Park. They owe the team big time this season.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 11:29

red_stag wrote:From the oustide looking in the Dragons and Scarlets look to have the best fans by a long shot.

Ospreys seem to be handing out free tickets to compete with Swansea Football Club and I think the Cardiff Blues fans are probably the least supportive fans I have ever seen refusing to support the team because it wasnt in Arms Park. They owe the team big time this season.

Cannot argue there.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 30 Aug - 11:30

Not too sure about the season tickets, but the pre-season friendly against London Welsh was technically a sell out (only one stand was openned, but it was over 4k). That said I believe that season ticket sales, and average attendances have risen for the region (on a whole) season upon season.

P.S. this seasonthe attendance will be skewed a little. The Dragons will most likely get a record average attendance as they will most likely get a decent Dave Parade average (up on last season) but with the Double-Header being classed as a home game they should have another 40k-75k to add to that, and that will boost the Blues attendances too. Also the Ospreys and Scarlets will most likely count all the season tickets as in their figures (even no shows).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 30 Aug - 11:36

Scarlet - I think the Barn is a great initiative. Its indoors, its family friendly, it has a bar, it has televisions, it does food, there is plenty of space.

Thats a great thing to have for your supporters.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug - 11:37

I wonder how they work that SS, whether we split the gate in two (us and Blues), like they are the takings? That'll probably make it a 25-35k gate. Otherwise, I'd guess we may average a bit more this season like you say anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug - 11:39

I'd give anything to have a barn at RP. We have the land too ready for it.

If I won the Euromillions, I'd buy a barn and build a new stand where the old corporate boxes and tv studio are. Might chuck a roof on the old North Terrace too.

Last edited by Risca Rev on Thu 30 Aug - 12:03; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 11:41

Hang on, what is this "barn" you are all talking about ? This is the first I have heard of it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 30 Aug - 11:46

Dowlais, its basically a building just metres from the Parc y Scarlets.

I think its usually used as a training facility with artificial grass but on match days there are bars, TV and kids play areas set up in there.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 11:49

red_stag wrote:Dowlais, its basically a building just metres from the Parc y Scarlets.

I think its usually used as a training facility with artificial grass but on match days there are bars, TV and kids play areas set up in there.

Ahhh, I know what that is its the Scarlets nice knew fancy traing center, that is a good idea to utalise it on match days, I remember when Newport used to do the family thing with fairgrounds and the what not to try and encourage families to come to the games.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug - 11:53

Aye tis the indoor training ground which doubles as the supporters village which is usually called the barn. Only problem with it is it has limited capacity so not many ppl can get in on the bigger match day attendances. I love it though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 30 Aug - 12:00

It seemed ok for Scarlets v Munster though Dreamer in terms of capacity.

The only issue was the stupid bar staff who were way too slow.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 30 Aug - 12:05

Yeah the barn is a good idea. Also having Tommo doing his bit up on the balconey with injured players etc, and then hastling fans does seem to get a good atmosphere going before kick off.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug - 12:06

When attendances are around the 10K mark it's not so bad, as most people tend to get there half hour to go so go straight into the stadium so it's fine for about 2K ppl to be in the barn. But so much has been made of it, it was a derby game last season that loads turned up an hour+ before the game to go in the barn, problem was it was already full, and the stadium hadn't opened to let people in by then! SO they were stuck outside. Not good, but think it's just a teething problem for us while we get used to bigger crowds I think.

It's fine after matches though as not as many people tend to stick around (but enough to make the barn good)

the staff in the barn are blydi slow though tis true, hope they've improved on that for this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 30 Aug - 12:09

LordDowlais wrote:
red_stag wrote:LordDowlais, the Ospreys are doing Buy 1 Get 1 Free on season tickets so if they sell 5,000 season tickets then they can say that they have sold 10,000.

Yes I know what the Ospreys have done, but all the regions are claiming that they have made increases, also the Ospreys have said that they have sold over 8000 individual tickets so that must mean at least a potential 16000 people to come to their games, so whats going on ?

The riddle of Ospreys season ticket sales never really got solved did it? They were quoting c.8800 earlier in the month, which must be 4,400 BOGOFs - as if they'd actually sold 8,800 and everyone (free friend + 2 kids) actually turned up, there'd be more than 30,000 people trying to squeeze into a 20,532 capacity (thanks Wikipedia) stadium.

Health & Safety just wouldn't allow it.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 12:32

Didn't you have to declare who you were going to be taking on your season ticket when you bought it ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 30 Aug - 12:35

LordDowlais wrote:Didn't you have to declare who you were going to be taking on your season ticket when you bought it ?

Hang on, I'll do some more web based research. Leave all the leg work to me Dowlais....

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 12:43

Casartelli wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Didn't you have to declare who you were going to be taking on your season ticket when you bought it ?

Hang on, I'll do some more web based research. Leave all the leg work to me Dowlais....

Your no. 1 in my eyes Casartelli and nobody will ever tell me any different. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 30 Aug - 12:44

LordDowlais wrote:
red_stag wrote:From the oustide looking in the Dragons and Scarlets look to have the best fans by a long shot.

Cannot argue there.

Massively, as do the Ospreys fans. We have all the cheaper deals we wanted, we bought the STs now it's time to turn up and make some noise..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 30 Aug - 12:48

Right, the definitive solution to the Ospreys Season Ticket Code;

The application form asks for names of the 'Primary Member' (the one paying), plus up to FOUR (yes, four) kids who can go free, plus a 'Referred Friend', who can also go free.

Thus, if they've 'sold' 8,800 'Primary Memberships', they could get more than fifty thousand turning up at the Liberty. Could frighten the life out of Connacht.

Or, they've sold around 1500 'Primary Memberships' and are counting everyone who can also go free.

Or, it got so complicated that they gave up trying to count 'season ticket sales' and took a guess.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 30 Aug - 13:03

I'll go for your last one, the guess option, yes that one. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 30 Aug - 13:43

Casartelli wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

The riddle of Ospreys season ticket sales never really got solved did it? They were quoting c.8800 earlier in the month, which must be 4,400 BOGOFs - as if they'd actually sold 8,800 and everyone (free friend + 2 kids) actually turned up, there'd be more than 30,000 people trying to squeeze into a 20,532 capacity (thanks Wikipedia) stadium.

Got help them when they rock up to Bridgend. Are they aware that they will no longer be a region because they can't play a couple of games there? Rolling Eyes
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Thu 30 Aug - 13:49

Ospreys have 8800 season ticket holders. Simple. How they aquired them isn't important in so far as the numbers are concerned. A shop sells a dvd on a bogof, it sells 2 DVD's. Same here.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 30 Aug - 13:51

georgestowersbiceps wrote:Ospreys have 8800 season ticket holders. Simple. How they aquired them isn't important in so far as the numbers are concerned. A shop sells a dvd on a bogof, it sells 2 DVD's. Same here.

No, it has two less DVDs in its inventory than it did before hand, however it has only sold on and given the other away.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 30 Aug - 14:24

Stone Motif wrote:
Casartelli wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Got help them when they rock up to Bridgend. Are they aware that they will no longer be a region because they can't play a couple of games there? Rolling Eyes

One word for you Stone - temporary stands.

Besides, as pointed out earlier, this thread is not a region v superclub debate, it's about the money spent on a PWC report that nobody gets to see. Stay on topic please. Very Happy

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 30 Aug - 19:23

Casartelli wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Casartelli wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I explained this BOGOF on another topic, there are close to 9000 Members, the only way to become a Member is to be part of the BOGOF scheme, the 4 free kids are NOT members, so therefore there are close to 4500 people who purchased STs and had a free one added, which I shared with my Brother in Law and we shared the price. For the Bath friendly there was a crowd WAY BELOW 9000 so therefore all ST holders are NOT automatically added whether they attend or not, at least that is the case at the Liberty cannot vouch for anywhere else.

One word for you Stone - temporary stands.

Besides, as pointed out earlier, this thread is not a region v superclub debate, it's about the money spent on a PWC report that nobody gets to see. Stay on topic please. Very Happy

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 30 Aug - 22:36

Morgannwg wrote:You can include Cardiff Dave to that anti-region bandwagon.

Ouch!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2