The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

summerslam buy

+3
The-Rizz
ncfc_Tooze
Mr Video Man
7 posters

Go down

summerslam buy Empty summerslam buy

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:15 pm

so...........whos buying and watching summerslam?

im not its not worth it to me.

2nd question. do you think there is too much wrestling on tv every week now? i think there is so much that wrestling fans dont get that excited over matches anymore because they get wrestling nearly every day of the week so it lessens the excitement of seeing the shows every week. raw (3 hours) superstars (1 hour) nxt (1 hour) smackdown ( 2 hours) impact wrestling ( 2 hours) which equals 9 hours of wrestling or sports entertainment and add in the ppv for 1 company or the other ( 3 hours) then it would equal 12 hours in 1 week of wrestling/sports entertainment. do you think this hurts wrestling in general because there is so much of it every week it takes away from the excitement of watching it?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

summerslam buy Empty Re: summerslam buy

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:23 pm

it used to be at 1 point

Raw (2hrs)
Smackdown (2hrs)
Superstars (1hr)
Metal (1hr)
Heat (1hr)
Nitro (2hrs)
Worldwide (1hr)
ECW TV (1hr)

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Rizz Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

I will be buying Summerslam. I seem to be the only person on these boards who seems relatively content with the line-up so far, and think it has the potential to be a good PPV.

2. I'm fine with the number of programmes that the WWE put out each week, I think the main gripe is how they use their TV time that is the biggest problem. The extra hour of Raw seems unneccasary seeing they spend so long plugging twitter, or giving us recaps of events from last week!!

I think Superstars could also be used more effectively too. It could be used to push the midcard a bit more, maybe have the midcard titles defended every once in a while, give the show a bit of relevance.

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

Raw just doesn't work as a 3 hour show. I used to like the old brand days where it was set rosters. Now, with this 'super show' nonsense I feel both shows have lost their identity, especially such things as having the same set design. Remember how you would go from Raw's design to this huge fist on Smackdown.

I don't watch Superstars/NXT/TNA but I do like watching the WWE Experience, nice handy catch up show if I missed something or with nothing to watch.

I haven't bought a PPV since Mania and although I am tempted simply due to me being a huge Lesnar fan, I am not prepared to watch what clearly looks like being Triple H's ego once again getting in the way, like the match with Punk where he should have put the guy over, and beat Brock which is completely unbelievable in my book.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 14 Aug 2012, 3:16 pm

I am buying Summer Slam and looking forward to it.

However i really think WWE should go back to brand spilt. Raw and Smackdown. None of this awfull "Super Show"

I also dont watch NXT, Superstars TNA and whatever else. Just Raw and Smackdown for me.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Tue 14 Aug 2012, 11:49 pm

I will be purchasing Summerslam, we buy everyone in our house.If certain matches are given the time they deserve, Ziggler/Jericho and Lesnar/HHH then it could be a decent event, not holding out a whole lot of hope though.When you watch back even just to Ruthless Aggression (I have only seen DVDs) you realise how far the "storytelling" has slipped.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:55 am

In all fairness, take away the adverts, the shows comes up to around 2 hours anyway

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down