The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBK will not be at Summerslam!

+9
sodhat
Liam
Kay Fabe
jp97
Adam D
Crimey
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
theundisputedY2D2
bretmeharty
13 posters

Go down

HBK will not be at Summerslam! Empty HBK will not be at Summerslam!

Post by bretmeharty Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:34 am

Shawn Michaels tweeted on Tuesday that he his "highly unlikely" to appear at SummerSlam this Sunday, but the WWE website has followed up with a report that he won't be there. Michaels suffered a [storyline] broken arm at the hands of Brock Lesnar on RAW and was scheduled to be in Triple H's corner for his match against Lesnar.

Source - Dirtsheet

Must admit I didn't see this coming I was expecting Michaels to appear with a cast or something.

Last edited by bretmeharty on Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

HBK will not be at Summerslam! Empty Re: HBK will not be at Summerslam!

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

Seems strange that they wouldn't have him appear. I can kind of see why they wouldn't want him ringside as he might detract from the match in that everyone would be waiting for him to do something.

Still reckon he'll do a run-in towards the end.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:44 am

WWE saying he won't be there is like Jericho saying he won't be on RAW. What's the betting that HBK delivers Sweet Chin Music at some point don't need an arm for a kick.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:47 am

If it was just HBK saying it i would agree Zoot, but why wouldn't wwe want to promote the match with HBK in the corner.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:49 am

If you look at the mess they made of Sheamus v Del Rio why wouldn't they.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:52 am

If this isn't just a stupid attempt to surprise people, then it could be that Michaels said he'd do Summerslam, but then something got in the way so they wrote him out.

Is he actually on a proper contract at the moment? He might not be required to do the dates so can pull out whenever he wants.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:53 am

Good point.

I haven't looked at the smackdown spoilers but god only knows who what they have got planned for it.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:01 pm

Have WWE made any announcement as to whether MVP is going to be at Summerslam?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:06 pm

Adam D wrote:Have WWE made any announcement as to whether MVP is going to be at Summerslam?

I don't know how to tell you this....but....erm....MVP...he's....he's been released. Crying or Very sad

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Wed 15 Aug 2012, 12:10 pm

It was hard to determine the route they were taking with the Lesnar/HHH angle on Raw. I think Shawn may show up and try to get involved, or maybe he does have commitments elsewhere so wouldn't be at the show.

If Michaels were to be having "one more match" then I could either see it being with Hunter or Brock depending on what happens at Summerslam.Perhaps Brock could be beating down on Triple H badly but Hunter just won't stay down, Shawn comes out and delivers the super kick just to put HHH "out of his misery" because he can't watch his best friend take any more punishment.

I am not saying Shawn should have another match, he retired with dignity, but I would not complain about watching him against HHH or Lesnar at Mania.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:35 pm

Said on another thread, this smells like a set up for a Brock/Michaels match, I know it's not but that's definitely how its set up from my prespective, Michaels sitting out and selling the injury would be logical and more meaningful than him showing up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

i would rather michael had one more crack at the streak and take it with his and taker's final match. if he wants to face brock, he can do it at another ppv.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:44 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Said on another thread, this smells like a set up for a Brock/Michaels match, I know it's not but that's definitely how its set up from my prespective, Michaels sitting out and selling the injury would be logical and more meaningful than him showing up

There was an HBK interview recently where he said he knows he could step in at any time and have a match still. He didn't say he would, or there were plans, or even that he wanted to. But it was different to saying that he is 100% retired.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

I'd rather see HBK/Brock than HBK/Taker III just because I feel Taker now needs to have a gimmick heavy match to mask how immobile he is in the ring and after the two masterpieces that HBK managed to get out of him then anyrthing less would just not do their past encounters any justice

Michaels has been happy to play second fiddle to Triple H since 2002 apart from a 3/4 month run in late 2009 early 2010 so it would a welcome change for me to see Shawn take the lead from HHH who wouldn't be able to get the Brock job done and come out of retirement to do just that, for me there is no other venue to have that sort of match than WrestleMania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 15 Aug 2012, 4:58 pm

trouble is i genuinely think wwe want everyone to go over brock to get back on him for his shock exit. which is unfotunate because brock should really have gone over cena, and now should go over triple h. however its quite clear triple h will be in the similar situation as he was with punk after his digs at his personal life and go over brock for also making it personal.

the way i hope it goes is that brock and triple h have a pretty even opening, have triple h come out on top of the early exchanges, brock going to the outside with heyman looking worried, triple h screaming at him to get back in the ring, brock acting all heelish. then, have brock begin to come out on top and ultimately beat down triple h for the win. it won't happen and i'm sure, wwe will keep themselves predictable and hbk, in a sling or something will come down, super kick brock into pedigree, with hbk and triple h standing tall. picard

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Aug 2012, 5:02 pm

I wasn't watching at the time but while I don't think the Brock/Cena match should have been done so quickly, having the biggest star in pro Wrestling lose to the Rock, a guy who had 1 match in about 8 years then the following month lose to another guy who hadn't been around in 8 years wouldn't have made any sense at all, if Brock went over Cena it should have been in his 4th or 5th match back, not his first

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:35 pm

Yep martyr.....agreed!

I said it on the Raw Spoilers & I will echo it again now. For me this all looks like a set up of Shawn getting involved in the match at some point & as you mentioned knowing WWE will probably be a case of a Sweet Chin Music into a Pedigree and the 3 count & victory for Triple H..

I don't really buy into the 'but surely WWE would just not comment' thing. Lets face it if anything because both Shawn & WWE have said they won't be appearing more people will actually now be thinking on the wavelength of 'Oh he is probably going to make an appearance'..

I really cannot stress enough the importance of this match for me going forward...in fact, this PPV in general.

Depending on how it all goes down I will either be tuning in to RAW as per normal (well fast forewarding on a Tuesday) or will be abandoning viewing it all together...

Triple H can go over but only if he takes one hell of a beating afterwards in order to keep Brock looking legit & strong. The fact is winning matches actually mean very little to him...he just wants to hurt people and ultimately be the one who walks out of the arena on his own two feet....

Part of the reason why my hate for Cena grew to a whole new level when he decided to absolutely no sell the beating he took at Extreme Rules...him winning didn't pis* me off...but his actions afterwards were egotistical & unprofessional IMO...if I was Brock I would have legitimately battered him as soon as he got to the back.

Then of course we have Punk...I only want to see a Punk win here. Anything else and im off!! I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed with this huge 'summer angle' that we were supposed to have...I mean have we actually had it?....are we in the middle of it?....

I really can't think of anything that has blown me away in recent weeks....

If I have missed something someone please tell me because actually thinking about I am truly perplexed as to what BIG angle is going on right now?!....

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:38 pm

Cena will have been told to act in that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:47 pm

Well regardless Crimey...im sure Cena could have said...'woh hold on a minute...wouldn't that completely no sell what has just happened...I picked up the win lets keep Brock strong and I'll have myself helped out of the arena & not stay in the ring..get up as if nothing happened and interact loads with everyone'!..

I mean jesus, grow a pair, it's not like he will get in trouble...the guy could fail more drug tests than the roster combined and probably still appear on TV each and every week.

It's almost like 90% of the roster actually know nothing about wrestling anymore.

I remember the likes of SCSA, Shawn Michaels, HHH & the biggest example The Rock all being at the forefront of changes in their characters/gimmick...the way storylines would go forward etc...

It seems that now everyone is just happy to turn up and do as they are told or leave everything in the hands of the clearly inept & incapable writers that the WWE....it all makes for a very sloppy (im looking at you the Blue Brand that is Smackdown), inconsistent and to be frank pretty average product.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

CM Punk's angle is the only thing that's got me hooked, I think his character has been excellent and the direction of it has been spot on so far

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:59 pm

HBK will SCM Heyman or something.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:01 pm

Laugh Kanes Mask

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:55 pm

2 certainties....

1. HBK will never wrestle again - He doesn't miss it! Besides he seems to be phoning his performances in these days he's a parody of what he once was. He doesn't hold that same authority & swagger he once had, like say a Roddy Piper still pulls off when he comes back

2. He will be at Summerslam. This is just an angle to try to sell the injury & surprise when he does show. I'll be surprised if he doesn't assist Triple H in scoring the pinfall which will be an utter tragedy

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 19 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:

It's almost like 90% of the roster actually know nothing about wrestling anymore.

Well I think its ironic that they've given Brock this submission machine gimmick - HHH a X13 world champion & HBK grand slam champion and X4 world champion with their combined experience they can't defend one submission hold? Brock was never known for his submission skills in the UFC he was known for his ground and pound. Now I know HBK is playing the uber face to get Brock more heat but really it makes a mockery of his career that he keeps coming back and is made to look weak. I really wish he wouldn't keep making these cameo appearances on HHH's behalf. Brock should lose. Why should he win, because he 'draws'? Brock was a UFC sensation because he was a 'pro wrestler' who turned out could seriously hurt people for real and beat legitimate professional fighters. Back in the WWE he's like the prodigal son but I don't think the WWE should just bend over backwards for him - $5m for 6 matches!? Is Brock really worth that? HHH has put over Taker twice in a row at Mania but at least Taker is loyal to the WWE. For Brock to go over HHH at SS would be a travesty, Brock is a mercenary.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 19 Aug 2012, 8:54 pm

Why should Brock have had to stay at WWE. If we wanted to pursue a different career what's wrong with that. In those 2 years, he destroyed legends such as The Rock, Hogan, Angle, Taker and accomplished basically everything a wrestler could, including a rumble win.

He then went to the UFC and highlighted what a talented athlete he really is, to go from a 'fake' hitting sport to a full blown martial art sport and became world champion, pretty remarkable.

IMO, all WWE fans were marking out when he returned, he is a sensation. Look what he did to Cena. Ok, Cena got the win, but he destroyed Cena in the weeks leading up to the match, as well as during the match and highlighted his wrestling ability has never left him. He is a susperstar of sport and put's bums on seats. For Triple H to go over him would be a disgrace. Like someone else said, Cena to go over was fine as he used a weapon to beat Brock rather than his fists and is the star of the company. Plus to lose to Rock and then Brock it really wouldn't have looked good for him.

Triple H is part time. In theory, due to the emphasis of this being a 'fight' Brock should destroy Triple H. He is only part time and clearly, Brock is here to stay until Mania where there is a big fight on the cards. He needs to be build strongly and to lose to Triple H when he is a legitimate UFC champion would just be a real kick in the teeth to me as a viewer and a fan.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:21 pm

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Brock pursuing another career, my point was I don't think this storyline has been booked logically. My own personal viewpoint is that Brock shouldn't go over the COO of the WWE when he has this FTW persona, what does that say about the WWE?

Why should I invest in Brock if I know he's only part-time, HHH may be a part-time wrestler but he is full-time WWE. The WWE is HHH's life. He cares about this business 100X more than Brock. I'm sure HHH will put Brock over tonight because HHH puts business first (if he didn't then he wouldn't have put over Taker twice in a row).

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down