The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preseason: Northampton Saints (43) v Leinster (0) (Franklin's Gardens)

+15
profitius
pete (buachaill on eirne)
sugarNspikes
Portnoy
Rory_Gallagher
funnyExiledScot
Mickado
Duigers
rodders
gowales
LeinsterFan4life
formerly known as Sam
yappysnap
Jenifer McLadyboy
thebandwagonsociety
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Preseason: Northampton Saints (43) v Leinster (0) (Franklin's Gardens) - Page 2 Empty Preseason: Northampton Saints (43) v Leinster (0) (Franklin's Gardens)

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 15 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Game kicks off 3pm on Saturday 18 August.

LEINSTER matchup to NORTHAMPTON

15: Andrew Conway v Ben FODEN
14: Andrew Boyle v Vasily ARTEMYEV
13: Brendan Macken v George PISI
12: Jordan Coghlan v Dom WALDOUCK
11: Sam Coghlan-Murray v Paul DIGGIN
10: Noel Reid v Ryan LAMB
9: Isaac Boss v Lee DICKSON

1: Jack McGrath v Soane TONGA'UIHA
2: Richardt Strauss v Dylan HARTLEY (capt)
3: Martin Moore v Brian MUJATI
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN v Mark SORENSON
5: Devin Toner v Christian DAY
6: Dominic Ryan v Samu MANOA
7: Jordi Murphy v Teimana HARRISON
8: Leo Auva’a v Phil DOWSON

REPLACEMENTS LEINSTER:
16: Tom Sexton 17: Heinke van der Merwe 18: Jamie Hagan 19: Tom Denton 20: Ben Marshall
21: John Cooney 22: Ian Madigan 23: Collie O’Shea 24: Fionn Carr 25: Jack O’Connell
Replacements SAINTS
Scott ARMSTRONG, Luther BURRELL, Noah CATO, Paul DORAN JONES, Mike HAYWOOD, Tom HICKS, Mark HOPLEY, Tom MAY, Ross MCMILLAN, Tom MERCEY, Stephen MYLER, Ben NUTLEY, Rhys OAKLEY, Ken PISI, Martin ROBERTS, Alex WALLER, James WILSON, Tom WOOD

The Leinster Spin
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/10210.php

Last edited by thebandwagonsociety on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 9:31 am; edited 5 times in total

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Preseason: Northampton Saints (43) v Leinster (0) (Franklin's Gardens) - Page 2 Empty Re: Preseason: Northampton Saints (43) v Leinster (0) (Franklin's Gardens)

Post by Duigers Mon 20 Aug 2012, 10:31 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Don't mind him. He's just sore that a pre season thrashing of us welford rd in August 2010 did not help them when it came to the QF in April 11. (in fairness they ran us close in that game and we were at home)

I went over for that game, my abiding memory was Simon Shawe (The Ulster Dentist and Prop who was drafted in at short notice with no pre season when Stan Wright got hurt) lying on the ground severely short of wind after the 1st scrum he was in. Poor fecker was so unfit.

TBH though, it doesn't take much for old cranky balls to get upset !!!

Duigers

Back to top Go down

Preseason: Northampton Saints (43) v Leinster (0) (Franklin's Gardens) - Page 2 Empty Re: Preseason: Northampton Saints (43) v Leinster (0) (Franklin's Gardens)

Post by Mickado Mon 20 Aug 2012, 10:32 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Don't mind him. He's just sore that a pre season thrashing of us welford rd in August 2010 did not help them when it came to the QF in April 11. (in fairness they ran us close in that game and we were at home)

I went over for that game, my abiding memory was Simon Shawe (The Ulster Dentist and Prop who was drafted in at short notice with no pre season when Stan Wright got hurt) lying on the ground severely short of wind after the 1st scrum he was in. Poor fecker was so unfit.

I remember the last 5-10 mins being close(ish), before that we were 14 points up and they hadn’t scored for over 70 mins.

Anyway, I'm sure Saints fans were really disappointed that we sent over such a second string side.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 20 Aug 2012, 10:49 am

Mickado wrote:

I remember the last 5-10 mins being close(ish), before that we were 14 points up and they hadn’t scored for over 70 mins.

Anyway, I'm sure Saints fans were really disappointed that we sent over such a second string side.

I remember Leo and the lads saying that if the game was 5 mins longer they would have lost it. They were bollixt.

Yeah I'm sure they were. Their management would have known the score though. No intl players until mid to late September. Any of their fans that were at the game in Donnybrook would have known too. I wouldn't expect any casual fans to have that level of detail, but how many casual fans turn up for pre season friendles?...... OK outside of Tallaght Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 20 Aug 2012, 11:02 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Mickado wrote:

I remember Leo and the lads saying that if the game was 5 mins longer they would have lost it. They were bollixt.

Yeah I'm sure they were. Their management would have known the score though. No intl players until mid to late September. Any of their fans that were at the game in Donnybrook would have known too. I wouldn't expect any casual fans to have that level of detail, but how many casual fans turn up for pre season friendles?...... OK outside of Tallaght Smile

Feic all.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

Strange that none of the reports I have read mention that Leinster had a young flanker/8 playing in the centre for the whole match and no mention of how he got on. Obviously no great but still.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:04 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Strange that none of the reports I have read mention that Leinster had a young flanker/8 playing in the centre for the whole match and no mention of how he got on. Obviously no great but still.

Am I right in thinking that this was by choice and not enforced at late notice. We have backrow players coming out our ears at Leinster but centres are highly talented but, should I say, light.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:25 pm

The highlights are up on the saintstv channel on youtube. Sorry i cant get the link im on my phone. The defending was very bad as you would expect .

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 22 Aug 2012, 5:29 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Strange that none of the reports I have read mention that Leinster had a young flanker/8 playing in the centre for the whole match and no mention of how he got on. Obviously no great but still.

Am I right in thinking that this was by choice and not enforced at late notice. We have backrow players coming out our ears at Leinster but centres are highly talented but, should I say, light.

Yes it was by choice to trial him out at 12 as far as I know.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:11 pm

highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7zAT0WqqAU

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2