The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are entering the decade of the Brit!!!!

+4
Rodney
jimdig
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

We are entering the decade of the Brit!!!! Empty We are entering the decade of the Brit!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 16 Aug 2012, 8:39 pm

In the next year or so we are going to see a Brit or two...dominate the greatest prize in sports!!!!......for the first real time....

Sure Lewis dominated and he was great but I don't think he was ever loved by the public or ever truly adopted per se....especially after the true Brit saga with your dear old Frankie!!!

When Price or Fury does claim the prize.......you'll find that the great acclaim bound to accompany it filters down and with quality like Groves, Brook, Quigg and Mitchell (yes he'll beat Burns) ..etc to accompany it.....You'll have real heroes to drag wannabes in the gym or other youngsters to excel!!!!

Think it's finally coming I'm sorry to say.....but we are entering the decade of the Brit!!! Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

We are entering the decade of the Brit!!!! Empty Re: We are entering the decade of the Brit!!!!

Post by bhb001 Thu 16 Aug 2012, 9:00 pm

I love this alternative universe you live in. It's so bright and fluffy

bhb001

Back to top Go down

We are entering the decade of the Brit!!!! Empty Re: We are entering the decade of the Brit!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 16 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm

I aim to please.....

as usual I appreciate your immense contribution.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 16 Aug 2012, 9:24 pm

I think the Olympics showed there is a massive thirst for boxing in Britain. If it was only more accessible. Channel 5 are doing their bit. I think your right to some extent truss in that British boxing looks to be entering a purple patch. I think the 2 heavies you mention though underline the lack of depth with the big boys.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 16 Aug 2012, 9:27 pm

Feel sorry for this Nicola adams.......The standout Brit at the Olympics and no one will be interested????

As women boxing is still not appreciated in a professional capacity..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 16 Aug 2012, 9:47 pm

Really Truss

Think you're getting a bit over excited mate, Brook will never be a legitimate champion IMO and I'm not jumping on the bandwagon because of his performance against Jones, I said this after he beat Hatton. Too one paced, for me , questionable how hard he hits and after last fight stamina another big question mark. A slightly better version of Ryan Rhodes IMO

I think Burns beats Mitchell, As much as I like Groves you get the feeling his an accident waiting to happen.

I feel this decade will be like any other in our history, some decent champions but not a standout one.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:58 pm

It burns me to say it but I see Fury going all the way in the heavies. He is looking very good at the moment. His next 3 fights should determine if he has what it takes.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 17 Aug 2012, 8:05 pm

Mitchell can't get a visa to fight in the states on account of him being slap happy when drunk. Will this be a problem for the the Brit invasion, TRUSS?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

Where have a said they have to fight outside the UK....dumbass???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Aug 2012, 8:20 pm

Chagaev will be a tester for Fury because he will come to fight but the other 2 I am not too sure.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Aug 2012, 9:22 pm

Really can't decide with Fury if he is looking better or if he has just reigned his opposition back to such a level you can make anyone look good, not sure how tough it is to look good against a guy like Maddalone who you tower over and who moves his head in the way of punches, his conditioning has improved but am still to be convinced. He doesn't have great power, ships too much and appears to be trained by whichever family member is not inside.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:30 pm

alma wrote:Good point. He definitely needs to sort the training debacle out

Remember a quote in the run up to the first McDermott fight where he said he had only sparred his brother who was and I quote "a big lump" given that was something of a step up fight at the time you do have to question whether a more serious approach to the selection of sparring partners might not be in order, think he should have done it sooner but for me he needs to join a proper gym and trainer, will improve his approach and the level of sparring he gets.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 19 Aug 2012, 10:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Feel sorry for this Nicola adams.......The standout Brit at the Olympics and no one will be interested????

As women boxing is still not appreciated in a professional capacity..

Yeah I agree, I was very surprised at the high quality of the women boxers and I actually think they fit in very nicely in the Olympic Games even if it does mean that for two weeks the ironing won't get done. Laugh Seriously Adams was the best Brit out of both men and women. Can't rate that Joshua guy who I find to be a muscle bound lump. Won in a God awful field and even then only scraped through most of his fights.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down