The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys 10 - Bath Rugby 21 LOL!!

+6
Luckless Pedestrian
HERSH
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Casartelli
Stone Motif
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ospreys 10 - Bath Rugby 21 LOL!! - Page 2 Empty Ospreys 10 - Bath Rugby 21 LOL!!

Post by Stone Motif Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well.... The Ospreys brought a mix and match team of players from the English Premiership and this hotch poch team managed to turn the Swansea-based Region's pretty much first XV over at home. So well done to the lambs to the slaughter from the West Country, you did your club proud.

Ospreys head coach Steve Tandy remains upbeat, saying 'there are certain aspects I was pleased with...we want to bring a positive intent to the game, which we showed'. Thank god the superstars of the working man's One True Free Ticketing and Jerseys Franchise didn't win, god knows what Tandy might of said!

I'm really concerned that Wales' flagship regional side aren't putting the likes of Bath to the sword pre-season after they finished the last so positively. Is the honeymoon period over for Steve Tandy? Is the pressure heaped on the players by giving away half a stadium's worth of tickets gratis starting to tell? I fear for Ospreys fans, I really do.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Ospreys 10 - Bath Rugby 21 LOL!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ospreys 10 - Bath Rugby 21 LOL!!

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:06 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Casartelli and Dodger - the whole issue with counting trophies etc comes from this post bellow:

Casartelli wrote:I'm a Welsh rugby fan - the test team is the important thing but I think the pro level could be a lot more successful also. Tribal/parochial rivalries are fun and there is a place for them - in the Premiership.

Now I have listed seven trophies that the regions have won, which lets be honest the welsh premiership sides failed to win in a longer history (bar the anglo-welsh as it didn't exist). As for this they don't count they are not HEC championships in which case the only national team that shouldn't be ditched in the NH is England as the rest of us have failed ot win an RWC, yes I know I sound like a pendant, but to be fair claiming that no trophy counts bar the HEC is a load of tosh.

Nobody said no trophy counts bar the HC, and I'm not saying the regions should be 'ditched'. I'm simply saying Europe's premier competition (the Heineken Cup) is the greatest test of success - which it is.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Ospreys 10 - Bath Rugby 21 LOL!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ospreys 10 - Bath Rugby 21 LOL!!

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:07 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:PSW - do you think you could create four teams and throw them in the Jeff and see a better return after 9 years? I ain't bragging that the regions are brilliant or anything like that, but I am pointing out to people who claim they never win anything that we have won 9 trophies in 9 seasons (between us) which is IMO not a bad return for entities that are only 9 seasons old.

Do you think that if you took the best of the current 12 teams and distilled them into 4 teams you wouldnt get something better than what went previously? A combined Munster/Ulster/Leinster ( lets not even bother with Connact) team would be capable of ....well getting beaten by silly amounts in New Zealand ...but lets gloss over that ....

You have shifted the goal posts there anyway, I was pointing out that your claim that one Amlin and no HC success was "a good return" was frankly ridiculous, which it is.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

PSW - I was replying to a post about the regions having less success than the welsh premiership sides. My points are valid, but probably not worded the best. Being serious what would your expectations of the regions after nine years be?

Dodger - I do see where you are coming from. But seeing as the welsh prem sides, and then the regions had not won anything prior then the Rabo, Amlin and LV= are achievements (as they are improvements on the previous results).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:17 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Casartelli wrote:And, in fairness, the stats are massively distorted by the successes of the Ospreys. When people talk about how regionalism has worked, they are actually referring to the team formerly known as Neath/Swansea Ospreys.

Perhaps the other three should go back to the Premiership and all WRU resources be diverted to the O's? Wouldn't be the worst plan ever - they did get us the first win at 'HQ' in twenty years, after all.
Now you're known for writing comedy but you can't honestly have just written that can you? I'm starting to think you are Mike Cuddy.

clap

Fair play Stone, it took you 200 attempts, but you actually managed to say something witty!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:36 pm

Titles are not won in August. Cant read anything much into this tbh.

Ospreys are still the most successful region in terms of trophies compared to the other Welsh Regions. Clearly the best side in Wales. With a full team will give anyone a game.

As a Dragons fan I'll pay some respect to the current Rabbo Champions. No side has won this title more in that time period.

Btw lets no turn this into a regional thread again. Regional Rugby is here to stay in its current form so you may as well get behind it and support it instead of knocking it all the sodding time when a thread presents an oppertunity too.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:38 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:Btw lets no turn this into a regional thread again. Regional Rugby is here to stay in its current form so you may as well get behind it and support it instead of knocking it all the sodding time when a thread presents an oppertunity too.

This thread was a WUM from the start (a bite back at a previous wum at the dragons losing to the gwent select)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:39 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Casartelli wrote:This one is so compelling it's taking my full attention.

And you nearly managed three consecutive posts without making a personal insult!
I'm sorry where are all these personal insults? You're even more paranoid about me than you are about our regional rugby sides.

Fair play 'shroom - that is an excellent point. Stone was the one that turned it into a 'regional' thread - see above.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:48 pm

Casartelli wrote:
Fair play Stone, it took you 200 attempts, but you actually managed to say something witty!
Hi Mike. How long will it take you, I wonder?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:59 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
This thread was a WUM from the start (a bite back at a previous wum at the dragons losing to the gwent select)
Um no it wasn't I am deeply concerned for the O's this season on the back of this result (as I am for the Swansea based region's biggest fan, Casartelli, who will no doubt be calling for the region to fold if they don't get back to form and win all their games this season)
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:05 pm

Casartelli wrote:
Fair play 'shroom - that is an excellent point. Stone was the one that turned it into a 'regional' thread - see above.
Indeed I did, genius. If you look closely you can clearly see where it says 'Ospreys' in the title...
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:30 pm

Seriously Stone - where has this sense of humour come from???

Are you paying Portnoy to write all your material now?

Because, technically, that's fraud.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:06 pm

Funny you should mention that because Owen Smith MP called, he wants his posts back OK
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:12 pm

Stop it! You're killing me!!! Laugh

First ever case of a stone being on fire!!!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

First case ever of Casartelli being right!
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

Welshmushroom wrote:Titles are not won in August. Cant read anything much into this tbh.

Ospreys are still the most successful region in terms of trophies compared to the other Welsh Regions. Clearly the best side in Wales. With a full team will give anyone a game.

As a Dragons fan I'll pay some respect to the current Rabbo Champions. No side has won this title more in that time period.

Btw lets no turn this into a regional thread again. Regional Rugby is here to stay in its current form so you may as well get behind it and support it instead of knocking it all the sodding time when a thread presents an oppertunity too.

clap

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2