The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doth the lady protest too much(ith) ?

+3
Taylorman
Pot Hale
anotherworldofpain
7 posters

Go down

Doth the lady protest too much(ith) ? Empty Doth the lady protest too much(ith) ?

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 26 Aug 2012, 11:11 pm

Sometimes it is possible to say too much in your own defense. When you dignify something with an answer, you legitimise it and run the risk of letting something slip.

Take for example, Warren Gatland claiming his remarks about returning to NZ amounted to nothing:

"I am with Wales and completely committed moving forward. If I wasn't committed do people seriously think I would stay for so long on the other side of the world from my family? ...[or would I perhaps "trip over a ladder" and miss an entire tour]... This has all been taken out of context and become a bit misinterpreted. It really shouldn't be an issue."

"These remarks have come from a visit I paid to the university and from conversations I had informally when I tried to be as honest as possible,"

So let's get this straight: All those things he said about preferring to stay in NZ but going back just for the money were only said when he was being honest. Doh

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Doth the lady protest too much(ith) ? Empty Re: Doth the lady protest too much(ith) ?

Post by Pot Hale Mon 27 Aug 2012, 12:11 am

What?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Doth the lady protest too much(ith) ? Empty Re: Doth the lady protest too much(ith) ?

Post by Taylorman Mon 27 Aug 2012, 12:31 am

AWOP can you do it again using the Borat filter? It might read better then?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 27 Aug 2012, 12:43 am

AWOP you certainly do have a fantastic grasp of the language and lingo now. Congratulations on finally coming to terms with and accepting yourself GG.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 27 Aug 2012, 12:55 am

When did he go to visit the university? or which university was it?...Because hes down here at the moment.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Aug 2012, 7:26 am

http://www.espnscrum.com/wales/rugby/story/168887.html

For those who struggling to decode AWOPs ramblings.
Gatland went to Wakaito University and made some remarks regarding his decision not to take a job with the local S15 lot.
He claimed it wasnt about the money, but wouldve taken the job if it payed more, and really always wanted to be coaching in NZ and go for heh All Blacks job.
Hes now claiming that this view was misrepresented as it relates to the situation in 2010 when he was negotiating his post world cup Wales contract, at that time there was no guarantee the WRU would even renew especially after some pretty awful results.
He also cite s that he lives on the other side of the world to his family as evidence that he is fully committed to Wales, despite having spent most of the last 6 months "at home" and making these comments from there.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:29 am

And still wins Grand Slams:) Who cares what ghost thinks always was further down the food chain.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down