The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apprentice Final - Team "The Man With No Name"

4 posters

Go down

The Apprentice Final - Team "The Man With No Name" Empty The Apprentice Final - Team "The Man With No Name"

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:43 pm

Greetings team......

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The Apprentice Final - Team "The Man With No Name" Empty Re: The Apprentice Final - Team "The Man With No Name"

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

Hey, think it might be best to do large parts of this task via PM.

Up to you though, let me know what you want OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

The Apprentice Final - Team "The Man With No Name" Empty Re: The Apprentice Final - Team "The Man With No Name"

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

Aye up TwisTy.

Let's do a Norwich greatest team instead Whistle

Seriously I can't help with the formation throughout history bit, cos i aint been alive that long lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:47 pm

Sounds good Olly actually. Joking aside, Norwich have a fantastic history so I think some of their players should be involved. Grant Holt and Darren Huckerby should be our front two.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

Gary Doherty and Michael Nelson as the CB pair, with Bryan Gunn in goal. This is a world beating team
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

That would be too easy.

The XI that beat Bayern would walk it
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:56 pm

Team via PM.....i have a few ideas but i am eating a curry at the moment so give me a sec

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:16 pm

PM sent

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

Can we just do posts here?

I am going to be honest, I don't know much about past formations etc etc
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:19 pm

I will be able to tell if the other team have read and copied, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

And based on previous tasks, I would trust the 6 people taking part to not copy.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:23 pm

Fair enough.....note when I said this:

I was thinking something of the lines of....

Sweeper can become 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 if we sub it for a "number 10" with one sub. 4-4-2 can become 4-3-3 with on sub. 4-3-3 can become 3-5-2 with one sub.

That is 3 subs used, 5 different formations that reflect world football. I like the idea of having one of each nation or as near enough as we can get it.

That is my plan.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

I like that plan TwisT my man
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:28 pm

My team would be

GK: ?

RB; ?
LB: ?
CB: ?
Sweeper: Franz Beckenbauer

RM: ?
LM: ?
CM: ?
AM/DCM: ?

RW: ?
LW: ?

Number 10: Bergkamp/Baggio/Messi
CF: ?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:30 pm

I think we could do with 2 GK's as that is what most teams have on the subs bench in history
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:30 pm

Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Maldini are must haves.

Would be tempted to put Beckham in there as he's a big name. Possibly Geoff Hurst if you're thinking of having many different nations represented.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:32 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Maldini are must haves.

Would be tempted to put Beckham in there as he's a big name. Possibly Geoff Hurst if you're thinking of having many different nations represented.

True, but the problem is fitting them all in. I think Bobby Moore is a must at CB

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:33 pm

Bobby Charlton at CM/CAM as well.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:34 pm

Goalkeepers wise for me it is either Dino Zoff or Lev Yashin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:36 pm

Geoff Hurst, the only player to score a hat trick at a world cup final. If that's not greatness I don't know what is. Bobby Moore and Paolo Maldini in defense sounds quality.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:37 pm

I quite like the idea of Franz Beckenbauer playing behind a CB pairing of Moore and Maldini

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:38 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Geoff Hurst, the only player to score a hat trick at a world cup final. If that's not greatness I don't know what is. Bobby Moore and Paolo Maldini in defense sounds quality.

True, but is it greatness in what they acheived or greatness in ability? I mean Messi hasn't done much on the world stage compared to Hurst. See my point?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:39 pm

Olly wrote:Goalkeepers wise for me it is either Dino Zoff or Lev Yashin

Let's start with GK's then. Lets pick two for now. Thoughts?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:43 pm

We had this debate in a previous final which was picking an England XI.

Personally, I think it should be based on achievements but I can understand the argument both ways.

Goalkeepers, there's Peter Schmeichel, Gordon Banks, Dino Zoff who are my top three. But Schmeichel I might be being biased a Utd fan.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:50 pm

For me it is between Yashin, Zoff and Banks for GK's with Yashin and Zoff as top two. Yashin you may not have heard of, but he is probably the best GK ever imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:53 pm

Do you know what.......I am going to leave it for now and have a think. My head can't quite compute because I pick one player, and then think of a better one.

GK: ?

RB; ?
LB: ?
Sweeper: Franz Beckenbauer

RM: ?
LM: ?
AM/DCM: ?

RW: ?
LW: ?

Number 10: Bergkamp/Baggio/Messi

Could you both take the above, and fill it with the best people in those positions. I will do the same.

Also can you find an example of a famous team playing these formations successfully.

Olly: You do 4-4-2 and Sweeper (Sweeper is easy.....thats Franz's german team)
Trebs: 4-3-3 and 3-5-2

I will take 4-4-1-1 because picking the best number 10 at the moment is really difficult. I have other things in mind as well that I will do tonight.

If you can find a wiki page or something similar, that will be best. Somethign we can all look at.

Take your time lads. Have a think, tweek it, and come back to us.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:00 pm

If all meet here tomorrow afternoon, then we can discuss and I will give out writing jobs for the weekend. I have a format in mind for it.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:01 pm

Just a warning that I probably won't be here tomorrow afternoon sorry
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

Are you happy to change the deadline to Thursday because of Nando's new job?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:11 pm

Olly wrote:Just a warning that I probably won't be here tomorrow afternoon sorry

That's ok, we have an extra few days now.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:17 pm

Will do twist OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 30 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

Spoiler:

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:54 am

Can we get a team down today guys so I can write it up tonight. You both got my PM. Obviously there is one change at CB.

Any other ideas?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 05 Sep 2012, 12:31 pm

Sorry TwisT completely forgot about this. Only on my phone atm and would agree with the team u sent via PM except for the CB who I would change to maybe Baresi?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 05 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

I haven't received a PM...

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

Sent it now trebs...sorry I was sure i included both of you.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:24 pm

I will write it up tomorrow

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Pm sent with my thoughts personally think you dhould change one or twk nits

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Yeah thanks mate. Not sure about Mr Hurst. He is legendary but with only 17 players to pick from, how can I fit him in?

All about the simple question. What is this task about. The best XI possible, or the XI that has done the most in World Cup history.

Because if it is the latter, we should have him. If it is the former, we should have Messi.

Tough...............

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

It's greatness so delivering on the big stage, be it a world cup, euro league anything. But for me you can't not have hurst.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:45 pm

You see I think it should be ability taken into it as well. Because while yes Hurst scored a hat trick in the world cup final, he isnt really regarded as one of the best strikers of all time
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:54 pm

Two different opinions, let twist have the final say Whistle

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:56 pm

If we go with your way Trebs you have to have Brazilian Ronado > Hurst as he did it at many World Cups. Klose as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down