The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUGBY WORLD - RABO Direct Pro 12 - season predictions

+3
red_stag
Don Alfonso
PenfroPete
7 posters

Go down

RUGBY WORLD - RABO Direct Pro 12 - season predictions Empty RUGBY WORLD - RABO Direct Pro 12 - season predictions

Post by PenfroPete Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:06 pm

Rugby World predictions for the RABO Direct Pro 12, together with an “If they were a food “ comparison.

LEINSTER (Lobster – a meal for the big occasion. Silky smooth – and as the key ingredient in a Dublin Lawyer can be set alight) - Champions

OSPREYS (Welsh Lamb – some of the finest young cuts of meat in the land, with a tasty accompaniment) – Losing Finalists

ULSTER (Steak & Guinness pie – forged on tradition, it has a rich, meaty core. Not unknown to have tasty imports to add flavour) – 2nd (regular season)

EDINBURGH (Caramel shortbread – light & fluffy, not to mention easy on the eye, but van fall apart if not handled with care) – 4th

MUNSTER (Cod & Chips – down-to-earth and honest, this wildly popular mainstay will never lose the affection of fans) – 5th

BLUES (Shepherds Pie – steeped in nostalgia and associated with home comforts. Can still be a knockout success) – 6th

GLASGOW WARRIORS (Porridge – simply made and very durable, often outlasts more high profile rivals with a large energy supply) – 7th

SCARLETS (Tiramisu – several tasty layers & a potent kick – all that’s lacking is a form base) – 8th

BENETTON TREVISO (Porcini Polenta – strong local support but needs richer ingredients to compete with more sophisticated opposition – 9th

DRAGONS (Bread & Butter Pudding – unsophisticated but passed down through generations) – 10th

CONNACHT (Irish Stew – plenty of soul and full of hearty ingredients, but has modest ambitions compared to richer rivals) – 11th

ZERBRE (Bruschetta – lightweight starter based on fresh ingredients but fades away when the main course arrives) - 12th
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

RUGBY WORLD - RABO Direct Pro 12 - season predictions Empty Re: RUGBY WORLD - RABO Direct Pro 12 - season predictions

Post by Don Alfonso Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:13 pm

The things some people will submit to fill 250 words.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

RUGBY WORLD - RABO Direct Pro 12 - season predictions Empty Re: RUGBY WORLD - RABO Direct Pro 12 - season predictions

Post by red_stag Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm

Wow, first of all nice puns. Second its an interesting table.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:18 pm

Blues look too high, while i am not sure edinburgh have sufficient strength in depth to finish 4th.

Amusing article though.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:24 pm

It's actually from a supplement in the magazine. Each team gets a page giving fixtures, movers & shakers, play-off & title odds, ticket phone line, website, twitter feed.
Then they are paragraphs -
Looking Tasty
Missing Ingredient
Recipe for Success
Signature Dish
Dr Gwyn's View

Agree it's interesting. I mean if the O's get to the final we have Leinsters number Whistle Can't see the 'Snooze' finishing above the 'Turks' either. Also got a feeling Treviso could make big strides this season OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

PenfroPete wrote:It's actually from a supplement in the magazine. Each team gets a page giving fixtures, movers & shakers, play-off & title odds, ticket phone line, website, twitter feed.
Then they are paragraphs -
Looking Tasty
Missing Ingredient
Recipe for Success
Signature Dish
Dr Gwyn's View

Agree it's interesting. I mean if the O's get to the final we have Leinsters number Whistle Can't see the 'Snooze' finishing above the 'Turks' either. Also got a feeling Treviso could make big strides this season OK

Starting tonight?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:32 pm

Spidey - how's it going down in Wales' premier county ? To answer your question in a Ieuan Evans style "very much so".

I have them to beat the O's by 6 OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:34 pm

They do say that
LEINSTER Champions
OSPREYS Losing Finalists
ULSTER 2nd
EDINBURGH 4th

Which to me says Ulster play Edinburgh but neither get to the final?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:35 pm

Pete - good old pembs, nothing happens and it could be winter looking out the window Cry I think this season there area going to be a few heads turned by the Italian sides, and a handful of shockers. Possibly to Italian wins on openning night.

As for those standings I really can't take them seriously.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Kingshu wrote:They do say that
LEINSTER Champions
OSPREYS Losing Finalists
ULSTER 2nd
EDINBURGH 4th

If Ulster finished 2nd and Ospreys finshed 3rd but Ospreys beat Ulster then it makes sense.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

What 'Kado said thumbsup

+1
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 31 Aug 2012, 3:12 pm

What's a "dublin lawyer"? A cocktail?

EDIT - Behave Mick, cocktails don't contain lobster...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 31 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

Mickado wrote:
Kingshu wrote:They do say that
LEINSTER Champions
OSPREYS Losing Finalists
ULSTER 2nd
EDINBURGH 4th

If Ulster finished 2nd and Ospreys finshed 3rd but Ospreys beat Ulster then it makes sense.

oh yeah, 2nd play 3rd, silly me

I thought he was somehow making reference to Dublin bay prawns, like little dublin lobsters, not sure why or if your even allowed to set them of fire

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down