The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A with Adam Ginsberg, owner of West Coast Wrestling Company

+8
theundisputedY2D2
AberdeenSteve
Enforcer
Kay Fabe
Clunge4life
ncfc_Tooze
Holymiky
ADMIN
12 posters

Go down

Q&A with Adam Ginsberg, owner of West Coast Wrestling Company Empty Q&A with Adam Ginsberg, owner of West Coast Wrestling Company

Post by ADMIN Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:10 pm

Q&A with Adam Ginsberg the owner of West Coast Wrestling Company

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-West-Coast-Wrestling-Company/124814947898

Firstly I want to give a big thank you to Holymiky who forwarded onto me the details for WestCoast and secondly to everyone who posted a question.
As a big thanks please can people check out the link, it does look a great indy especially as it includes the current ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards headlining their latest show.

Here’s the full reply from Adam:

Who trained you?
I moved to California from Nevada in 2000, and enrolled in UPW, a school out here that produced John Cena, Miz, amongst others. I went there for about 6 months, and found a small promotion in Santa Clarita that was on local television. They had a school as well as running live shows. To say one person did, is not fair. A lot of folks had a hand in my training.

How much training have you had to put in?
About a year. I took back bumps, and front bumps for the first 6 months before I could do anything else. Once I passed that test, I moved along just well. My training was very rigorous.

How long was it before you had your first match?
About 8 months in. I caught on rather quickly. Im a big man, so I was brought in as a security guard, (gimmick) which was a great story to get me to having my first match.

What's the absolute best thing about working independent shows?
The experience. You have so many out here in California, that every one is vastly different. You learn a lot from going to different places, and working in different crowds. Some crowds are Hispanic, some are rednecks, some are diehard fans, so you get a lot of different scenarios.

And the absolute worst?
The bad pay days of course. Sometimes the travel. A lot of us are not making good money so when we drive far and we don’t make a dime, we ask what in the hell are we doing.lol the rings are bad as well. Sometimes we are in a boxing ring which as absolutely no give at all, and shortens ones career.

What are your goals as a pro-wrestler?
I always wanted to have an entertaining match. I didn’t care about titles as much, as much as giving the crowd their moneys worth. Nothings worse than the fans leaving unhappy and saying that a match I was involved in was terrible. Not that it’s happened, but it’s something we strive for. I always made it a goal to have my kids see their dad wrestle, and I accomplished that, so I am happy.

Who's the best guy you've wrestled against?
A local fella out here named Ric Ellis. Google him, he is the next big thing. He is world class all the way around.

Have any of your matches turned into shoots?
Almost. I wrestled a guy in San Francisco who thought he was a tough guy. More on that later.

How much travelling is involved?
It depends on who you are, and what you want. If you have the time to dedicate yourself to this business, than you can be busy with shows all week long. However, most folks are what we call weekend warriors, only driving 30 miles or so every weekend.

What's the longest road trip you've taken to make a show?
San Francisco. I never was much for long car rides, so 12 hours was good for me.

Are there any moves you refuse to take?
Yes. If the guy is smaller than me and wants to give me a german suplex, or anything that in the real world wouldn’t make sense I wont go for it.

Whats the worst injury you have had?
My knee blew out during a match once. I was running across the ring, and one of the boards under the ring wasn’t in place, so my foot was caught inside of the gap.

Who do you look up to for inspiration from the wrestling world?
Stone Cold. At the time, he was everything man. When I was 16-17 yrs old, he was my role model, and someone that changed my life forever.

Do you get advanced warning if the big leagues have been at an event to scout you or generally scout the competitors?
I have in some cases been told that. It usually is a false report, but there has been a few times where it has been true.

Would you rather work for WWE, TNA or ROH if all were offering the same money?
ROH, because they are the only ones that seem to actually know what they are doing .lol

which wrestler you have worked with has gone on to achieve the most?
Ive had Generation Me ( the young bucks) on one of my shows, and of course look at them, they are major players on TNA currently

what inspired you to become a Wrestler?
My dad. He turned me on to wrestling at age 2, and from that point on that’s all I wanted.

Who is your all time favourite wrestler and wrestling character?
It’s a tie between Hogan and Austin.

Is there an inspiration behind your wrestling character?
I wanted a character that was true to myself. A big mean ass kicker. It’s me turned up about 200 percent.

what is the scariest moment you have witnessed/been involved in while you have been wrestling?
At a show, when a fella took a power bomb wrong and damn near broke his neck. He was paralyzed briefly, but made a full recovery.

Have you ever refused to work with or job to a certain opponent?
No. Ive disagreed with finishes, but never refused to do business.

In general:

Your favourite wrestling match of all time?
Wrestle Mania 3, Steamboat vs. Savage

What is your favourite moment in wrestling history?
I would have to say that When Hogan and The Rock had their confrontation in 2002, was the best moment for me as a fan.

Who do you think the next breakout star will be and why?
That’s a tough question. I truly don’t know man.

Who in your eyes is the best technical wrestler to have graced the WWE/TNA?
Shawn Michaels
Who do you think is the greatest wrestler ever?
Dynamite Kid
Who is the most over rated wrestler still working?
The Miz

Montreal Screwjob.... Place yourself in Vince, Bret & Shawn's boots would you have done anything differently?
I am not sure. I always thought Bret should have just dropped the belt, and got out of there. It was ridiculous all the way around

What do you think about the Jeff Hardy/ Victory Road debacle?
I thought it was a shame. I can’t believe that they let him work.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Adam Ginsberg, owner of West Coast Wrestling Company Empty Re: Q&A with Adam Ginsberg, owner of West Coast Wrestling Company

Post by Holymiky Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:15 pm

Fantastic, thank you so much for setting this up Hero!

Brilliant read!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Adam Ginsberg, owner of West Coast Wrestling Company Empty Re: Q&A with Adam Ginsberg, owner of West Coast Wrestling Company

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:17 pm

one of my questions made it Yahoo
thanks for doing that hero it was a good read

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:19 pm

Too scared to answer my one about Brimstone i see.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:23 pm

That one did not make the cut KB.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:23 pm

Hero wrote:That one did not make the cut KB.

Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

Interesting that he finds Miz overated too!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:29 pm

That was a fantastic read!

More of the same would be great

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:34 pm

I'll ask Brimstone to do one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:37 pm

Brilliant Maccs, great work guys and the lad himself seems like a really genuine down to earth guy, need to take a look at this 'next big thing' he was talking about

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:23 am

I've only just got a chance to read this, a big thanks to Holymiky and Hero for getting it sorted. I found it really intersting and if we can all visit the website perhaps we'll be able to set up another q&a with them!

If you use any other wrestling sites/forums please share the link as I'm sure plenty of others would be interested.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 16 Apr 2011, 10:13 am

Fantastic read, well done to all that got it organised.

He seems a really down to earth guy, interesting to see he thinks the WWE champion is over rated.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

That was fantastic!

Well done! thumbsup

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:13 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Fantastic read, well done to all that got it organised.

He seems a really down to earth guy, interesting to see he thinks the WWE champion is over rated.

that's because he is! thumbsup

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

good work man, really interesting to hear! I suggest we all step forth and try to contact lots of other indie guys and promoters to see how many will respond.

On a slightly related topic for those of you who are still interested in the biggest Joke of all time AKA brimstone I suggest following some of the links off his Wiki page to read some of his interviews they are priceless. I will try put the link up later for the one im thinking about but it had me in pieces laughing. The guy is unbelievable!

I deffo think we should try contact him for an interview!

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:32 pm

Brimstone Pride, worldwide.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:39 pm

Brimstone represent yo!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon 18 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

man I love Rimstone

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

Excellent read well done Holy & Hero

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down