The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craigielaw - reviews and tips please.

4 posters

Go down

Craigielaw - reviews and tips please. Empty Craigielaw - reviews and tips please.

Post by barragan Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:04 pm

Got an invite to play at Craigielaw next week which i'm hoping to make. Anyone here played it and got anything to say about the course? Generally most handicap golfers i've spoken to are quite scathing of the course and its upturned saucer greens. I did speak to someone yesterday who played it last week and enjoyed it thoroughly. Any info welcome.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Craigielaw - reviews and tips please. Empty Re: Craigielaw - reviews and tips please.

Post by George1507 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:12 pm

I've played it a few times, and I like it. It's playable, fun, interesting and varied.

One of my best pals is a member there and he reckons most visitors like it.

It has four par 3s, all of sensible distance. There are also four par 5s, one of which is very long and usually into the wind.

All in all, it's a good place to play. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Craigielaw - reviews and tips please. Empty Re: Craigielaw - reviews and tips please.

Post by Doon the Water Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:59 am

It sits right next door to Kilspindie so if nothing else you will get some good views. Nice clubhouse and practice facilities. I have not played it but it looks a bit 'cramped' in design. Quite a few family and friends have played it and not rated it too highly.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:49 am

Although it sits right next door to kilspindie the turf does not seem to feel at all like a proper links course. I have not played it since about 2002, so I guess things could have improved.

You will be golfing on a new course however, and that is always fun.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:23 am

thanks for the comments. i've played kilspindie a few times in the last year and from across the wall the course looks interesting and in good nick. looking forward to giving it closer inspection. quite mixed online reviews, but the majority are positive overall. hopefully we'll have a decent day for it, but at the end of the day its a free-bee so i'll probably enjoy it for that alone Craigielaw - reviews and tips please. 3559488474 only thing i'm worried about is a resounding theme from online reviews is that a good short game is a must... Shocked

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 16 Sep 2012, 6:13 am

forgot to post after my game - here goes.
thought the course was good fun but quite tricky, perhaps even a little mischievous. unfortunately i played really poorly so wasn't really able to fully enjoy the game. some nice testing holes, quite nicely laid out. certainly worth trying again. in particular, the front 9 par 3s were all excellent holes. greens were patchy but had obviously been tined a couple of weeks or so ago and were still trueish. all the other guys seemed to enjoy the course too.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down