The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post RWC Reviews

3 posters

Go down

Post RWC Reviews Empty Post RWC Reviews

Post by yappysnap Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:20 pm

So for England it's two RWC's and two post World Cup review's, in the public eye, with the media all over them.

After 2011 I don't remember any other unions holding reviews, certainly there weren't any that made it in to the press. So I was just wondering this time around, are any other unions holding reviews, are they getting reported and will they be as public as the English one?

I'm guessing it's a no to all those questions, it seems to be an RFU thing to hang its laundry out in public, all other Unions have the smarts to keep these reviews behind closed doors.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post RWC Reviews Empty Re: Post RWC Reviews

Post by SecretFly Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:00 pm

Yappy....................... size again. Big population. Big demand for explanations both from media and fans.

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:10 pm

For me it's simple, Lancaster set out his aim of taking an experienced side to the world cup and winning the tournament, simply put he failed on both counts and dreadfully. You could cite the mitigating factors; that they had an unimaginably hard group but to win the world cup you need to be the best and you need to beat 3 or 4 quality teams, history has shown that. Lancaster has to go, if you look at the other English speaking countries in the last 8 each of them had a coach with experience of winning Six Nations, Rugby Championships, Aviva Premierships, Top 14s, Pro12s, European Cups and Super 15s, Lancaster had nothing anywhere close, that's why he has failed on every big occasion. For England it's simple now; either they chase after Cotter, Gatland or Schmidt, they go for an out of work coach with international experience such as Robbie Deans or Eddie Jones, or they look to the Aviva Premiership and they see who has been successful there in which case it's Conor O'Shea, Cockerill or McCall.
Internal reviews take time and there isn't that long before the Six Nations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down