The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Super-Fight confirmed!!!

4 posters

Go down

UFC Super-Fight confirmed!!! Empty UFC Super-Fight confirmed!!!

Post by talkingpoint Fri Aug 31 2012, 19:38

UFC have bounced back from the disappointment of the cancellation of UFC 151 with the announcement that at UFC 153 Jose Aldo will defend his featherweight title against none other than the 'answer' Frankie Edgar!!! Edgar is finally making the move down to featherweight in this much anticipated super-fight. This is huge news for the UFC after the mess of UFC 151 but arguably this fight is even bigger than Jones v Henderson. Henderson is a legend of the sport, but Edgar and Aldo are amongst the contemporary P4P greats, Edgar a former Lightweight champion and Aldo current featherweight champion. Aldo is on a 14 fight win streak while Edgar has proven in recent history that he has been able to beat the very best in the lightweight division including double weight champion BJ Penn!

I personally can't wait for this fight, Edgar is always an entertaining fighter and has the heart of a lion, with his move down to featherweight I would love to see him dominant the division and become a double weight champion like Penn. Aldo is an exceptionally talented fighter and although I don't think his fights in the UFC have been as exciting as they were in the WEC, nevertheless I think this fight will be very good. Aldo has been taken the distance before and Edgar has frequently gone the distance at lightweight, so it will be interesting to see if Edgar has a power advantage at featherweight. I'd love to see a stoppage in this fight, I think both fighters need it to be honest. Edgar definitely has more to lose though, dropping weight means he might be more naturally suited to featherweight but he's also on a two fight losing streak (albeit controversial). If Edgar loses this then I think he will fall into the same category as Uriah Faber - a top contender but no longer on a champion level.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

UFC Super-Fight confirmed!!! Empty Re: UFC Super-Fight confirmed!!!

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Sep 03 2012, 18:44

Very good fight!

Edgar as you say in a very risky situation. Just a short time ago he was a P4P star beating Penn x2 and then engaging in fabolous fights with Maynard. In the space of a 18 months he could be on a 3 fight losing streak and seen as too small for LW and not good ennough to beat the top FW!

I think the fight will be very close and a real pick em.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon Sep 03 2012, 20:06

Finally some interest! I was getting worried no-one else thought this was big news LOL. Tbh I think Edgar needed to take this fight, his trilogy with Grey Maynard was the stuff of legend but his defeats to Benson Henderson proves he struggles naturally at lightweight. I think for the sake of Frankie's career it is a good move as fighting guys who are considerably bigger than him will have its knock on effects down the road.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue Sep 04 2012, 11:28

I can see Frankie outworking Aldo for the 5 rounds to take a decision victory.

I wonder whether he can catch Aldo's leg kicks though.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Sep 12 2012, 08:28

Aldo is injured! That puts that fight to bed for a bit then!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed Sep 12 2012, 09:25

Dana cannot get any luck at the moment. They're going to have to come up with something good to save this card as Rampage is injured too.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Sep 12 2012, 09:29

It's ridiculous, not the UFC's fault at all but it's going to cause problems and if people keep getting injured then people will become hisitant to buy tickets in advance.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed Sep 12 2012, 09:36

I wonder if they might get Machida to step in against Teixeira?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed Sep 12 2012, 12:45

I think the UFC needs to seriously monitor the level of intensity in training because there are just too many injuries at the moment; it has become a real problem.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:05

A new main event has been set for this event - Anderson Silva has agreed to move up to Light Heavyweight and fight.................................................................................wait for it.................................Stephane Bonner!!

Demolition job methinks

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:25

I'm quite shocked that Silva is fighting so soon after beating Sonnen. The Brazilians will be loving this.

Bonner is tough and will be difficult to put away. He took the best that Jones had and still went the distance with him.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:26

I'm quite shocked that Silva is fighting so soon after beating Sonnen. The Brazilians will be loving this.

Bonner is tough and will be difficult to put away. He took the best that Jones had and still went the distance with him.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Sep 17 2012, 08:35

Bonner has one of the the best chins in MMA history and never been KO'd so I think they want Silva to stop him and make his aura even greater.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Sep 17 2012, 10:11

It's strange as well that the main event is only 3 rounds, what''s that all about?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Sep 19 2012, 11:45

Is it? Very strange. Dana must just want this year to end with all the injuries!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down