The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Open Day 8

+11
time please
banbrotam
ryan86
skyeman
lydian
CaledonianCraig
bogbrush
laverfan
socal1976
barrystar
The Special Juan
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

US Open Day 8 - Page 3 Empty US Open Day 8

Post by The Special Juan Mon 03 Sep 2012, 3:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Matches of Note:

Murray v Raonic ( Cry )
Federer v Fish
Almagro v Berdych
Cilic v Klizan

Pironkova v Ivanovic (one for the men)
Serena v Hlavackova
Vinci v Aggy Radwanska
Kerber v Errani

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html?promo=subnav

Last edited by The Special Juan on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

US Open Day 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open Day 8

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 04 Sep 2012, 4:43 pm

Well kind of backs up what I am saying BB if it was soft. I can't really recall softness being a pyschologically strong asset.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 6:57 pm

Just watched the Murray match.

Well what an absolute contrast to Saturday.

Murray only once taken to deuce on his serve. His concentration levels were just exceptional. Twice he was 0-30 done on his serve at 3-3 in the first set and then 4-2 in the 3rd and he backed himself with 4 first serves, 2 aces and 2 un-returned. Shows just how far he has come. Took his chances in the BP moments. His shot execution was immense. 12 UE's all match. Average 4 a set and especially against a big serve like Raonic. Much more precise on the FH DTL. Absolutely clinical and I can't really fault the performance. I don't want to go overboard and call it great. These are the performances he is capable of and he can even play better too. Very solid in every aspect.

Raonic. Well he just couldn't do what he stated in his pre-match conference. Adjust. Why he stood 4ft behind the baseline on the Murray 2nd serve is just plain retarded. A guy that can just about hit an average 85mph on second serves you would expect him further up the baseline to shorten the angles. He seemed content to play behind the baseline and well Murray picked him off time and time again. Used the drop shot beautifully and really had Raonic on the move. Raonic was exposed. Once Murray blocked some big serves back, he almost panicked like he wasn't prepared for it.

Hard to know where Raonic goes from here. For a big guy he can move well. I feel spends too much energy in rallies he can avoid if he backed his FH more. Was weak on the BH which served him well against Blake. I just don't know. I don't think he even knows what type of player he wants to be. If he sharpened his volleying and acceleration to the net he could do some real damage.

Murray. Well he is a contender for the title no doubt. You feel Cilic has to be at his absolute best to stand a chance. Murray's slower slice serve down the T is proving quite a nasty serve to try and get racquet on. His focus when like this should stand him in good steed in the bigger matches which lay ahead. He just needs to up that first serves in % and I think he could be the champion in the making.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:40 pm

Yes I watched it live legendkillar and he was great last night. You could not fault the performance, focus, concentration and standard it was all top notch. I think I am right in saying that Murray won more points on Raonic first serve than vice versa. Also Raonic had been averaging around 30 aces a match in this tournament but last night he was restricted to around half of that. Definitely a step in the right direction for Andy whilst Rapnic needs to work on weak aspects of his game - returning serve and backhand.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3